It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOIA: 18FEB51 Holloman AFB Sighting Classified Star or Planet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
NM_FEB_18_1951.pdf
18FEB51 Holloman AFB Sighting
Record Card of sighting at Holloman AFB 18FEB51 which was classified as star or planet

Document date: 1951-02-18
Department: Unknown
Author: Unknown
Document type: 10073 Record Card
pages: 1

Archivist's Notes: There was no file with this card of a sighting of a white-orange round-conical shaped object which was determined to be definitely a star or planet with no explanation on how this conclusion was accomplished.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
What this seems to be is a report that the person filing it wanted to squash, and chose any "explanation" handy as the one to do it.

There is no data to suggest that this was a cover up, and may have well been a case where the report was by someone considered unreliable. It could be a case where the investigation was deemed unprofitable because the witness was subsequently in some trouble legally, or a thousand mundane reasons, right down to, but not excluding, laziness on the part of those looking into the matter.

It is worth noting that a very similar report was filed almost exactly a year before from the same area.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I agree, this report is pretty haphazardly written. The object was described as white and orange in color, spherical then conical in shape. Surprisingly the apparent size is given as a "coffee cup at arm's length", which would have to be larger than a star or planet. The object was observed from the ground during a trip from Holloman AFB for 1 hour 44 minutes. It first appeared at the horizon and ascended to 45 degrees and disappeared as it got lighter, so this must have been seen just before dawn.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
me and my brother seen it too...

top topics

join