It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i should be sleeping but the insomnia is out in force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
anyone else having a time getting to sleep tonight?

i dozed off on the couch earlier for a couple hours...
then, i had the guy from craigslist drop off my tanks(he gave me a 55 for free even though the trade was for a 60, so i got two tanks) at about 10 and i have been cleaning and getting them ready.
filter is plugged in and the bio wheel is getting saturated.

i am tired but i am also wired at the same time. i can tell it's gonna be an all nighter.
got my coffee here and first thing in the morn, i get to go to the fish store and and see whats what.

gonna grab me a few starter fish and get to it.

so, who is awake and 'should' be asleep?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I should be asleep too, yesterday I was on sunny Florida where it was 80 degrees, flew during the night back home where is 20 degrees and snowing and my boss call me in and its not fair, as you can see not doing much, just chilling on ATS/BTS

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

i'm just chilling out too.
watching money train, drinking some coffee.

i am very antsy to get to the fish store tomorrow....i NEED to get that dude going.

do you suffer from insomnia a lot?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Not to often, only when I have to much stuff on my head then I cant sleep and to make it worst, since I got no sleep, cant do the stuff that kept me awake all night, just hate when that happens....... and my boss too.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
You know, I used to think that I had insomnia but then I realized that I simply do not like sleeping! I don't like the actual process of going to bed to sleep!
I don't like lying in bed, waiting to fall asleep.

Typically, I stay up until I just can't stay awake. Then I literally stumble off to bed. Of course, I sleep like a log but I typically "pop" awake at around 8 am. Keep in mind that I also seem to fall asleep at around 4 am! That's not a lot of sleep.

I do this for about three or four days until I simply cannot keep my eyes open and I crash. I'll go to bed early -- early for me -- and that is around 11 pm. The only constant is that I almost always "pop" awake at 8 in the morning.

I don't nap through the day but I will admit that I will fall asleep on occasion while watching golf on television. But then, who doesn't fall asleep while watching golf?

I've kept this sleep schedule for as long as I can remember and I just don't seem to have any ill effects from it. Every morning at eight or so I wake up feeling fresh and relaxed. I spring from bed ready to start the day.

[edit on 12/11/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I sympathize with you.

I only sleep out of sheer exhaustion when i'm working. When i dont work, i hardly ever sleep! Part of it its that i come from a long line of imsomniacs, the other is that i have a shot of espresso coffee every night.

I like to be up at night. I think sleep is a waste. I can call my brother at 3 am and although he works all the time, i know he's going to be up.

Its my mothers fault.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I personlay LOVE SLEEP! I just don't like to sleep at night. During the week their is nothing to do during the day so I sleep during the day. At night I work and lurk around ATS/BTS . During the weekend its the same thing, but instead of working I party hard and recover during the day. Well 3 hours and 20 min before I can even think about sleep.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I can't sleep tonight because of a bad head cold. It's going to be a loong day. Oh well, maybe I'll be tired enough to sleep tonight; I didn't sleep Sunday night either. No big deal lots of people have trouble sleeping from time to time.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Gallop.

Sorry to hear about that. Try some sleepytime tea with honey!!!

Hope you feel better, hon. Have a good day.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Insomnia is my curse amigo.

Hope yours passes haha.

Having any luck with the arabic yet?

Shoot me a u2u and give me a progress report.

Jasn

Oh yea, be careful, this might be pointless.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Insomnia, I don't see any insomnia, and I've been up all night watching for it.

Tea sounds like a great idea dgtempe, I'll go put the kettle on.

I feel like Red Zinger with buckwheat honey. It's been my favorite since I was a kid and mom wouldn't let us drink coffee.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
well it's 5:30 am and it's time to hit the sack......I'm going to wake up in two and a half hours! Ok...maybe i'll sleep in and grab an extra half hour of sleep.

I'm nothing without my three hours a day!!!!!

All I can say is that I'm now certain whether I have insomnia or not.....maybe its just ATS that keeps me up?

top topics

join