It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Leavenworth-Strange Facilities questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
hey guys. sorry if i'm doing anything wrong, but it's my first few seconds on ATS. just wanted to see if anyone could help me or provide me with some insight on something that i've been curious about since i was 11 years old. my father is in the military, and serves with various special operations units, mostly combat, and when I was 11, i was living in fort leavenworth, kansas. directly behind my house was either the oregon or santa fe trail (can't remember which), but uphill from it was a small, concrete path that led to a small field with rusted car parts. in the middle of the field was an enormous missile-silo shaped structure with an empty middle, and beside that was a house-sized building with broken windows, rusted thick metal doors and one huge, 3 to 4 foot thick door with a round-shaped lever to close it with, much like a submarine. I never built up the courage to go into it, or even climb the missile-shaped silo. i can't seem to find it on google maps, but if anyone could help find it or give me some info on it, i'd be very grateful. thanks

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by silentthought38

can u provide better location details and directions etc. so we can try to find it ??

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

sorry, that's all i know. on my other post, though, I got some answers. check over on it if you're wondering

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by silentthought38

Near what roads or routes, how far from main road, what township. Sounds like old crew bunker, from nike base nearby

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Google earth can help solve your mystery. Do you have an approximate address?

new topics

top topics

join