It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ringing in ears

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
does anyone ever get a high pitched noise in their ear. I usually get this sound in ethier ear about once a month and it sound like the noise when you get a hearing test. Also their is this thing when I see little floating strands in my eyes just floating around. I think it may be a side affect due to government testing of something

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by weeman]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Could it be Tinnitus ?

link   
Yup, in fact I had it happen to me this morning, while sitting here at work. It was a high piercing sound that subsided in 45 seconds to a minute...

link   
Everyone with minor ear damage gets them. The damage causes it.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have had that happen before, the ringing in the ears. But I cant even speculate as to what it may be...could be anything. Maybe its something caused by the ear drums, maybe it is the government. Maybe this has already been shown to be something internal as opposed to some government test.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
NO!! you have Tinitus and floaters. Go see a DOCTOR!!!!

you might be losing your hearing and eyesight!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oswald
Yup, in fact I had it happen to me this morning, while sitting here at work. It was a high piercing sound that subsided in 45 seconds to a minute...

Nope, *that* was your IT department using a death ray to get you to do some work Os!!
(Joke: couldn't resist!!)

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
i have both too, its no big deal

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I get ringing in my ears all the time. It's no big deal. Nothing you need to worry about.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genya

Originally posted by Oswald

Nope, *that* was your IT department using a death ray to get you to do some work Os!!
(Joke: couldn't resist!!)

AHHH!!! No...atleast my butt doesn't hurt and I didn't loose any time. Phew...okay back to work...

Interest t-FAQ. I never knew that information before. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Tinnitus is a common thing with most people. You get it from loud noises that damage your eardrum. We have a lot of cases of it out here with people who were in IEDs. For them it can last days before it subsides, but it will always be a recurring thing. And no you don't have to go to the doctor for it. He'll just tell you to turn your music down. also the floating things you see in your eyes, are MOST likley pieces of dead skin stuck to your eyes. Again a common thing. The reason you see them when you hear the ringing is probably a psychological thing, or could deal with pressure in your ears pushing on your optical nerves. I really wouldn't worry about it.

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by medic]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I have severe tinnitus in my left ear. The ringing NEVER stops. It is a pain, especially when the enviroment is very quiet. I urge all to use apppropiate hearing protection when around loud noises. Especially when firing guns.
Effects from tinnitus can induce imbalance, depression,and other symptoms. Some people it actually affects their mental state.
I just deal with it. It suxs, though. And, it was avoidable. Had I wore proper hearing protection, or possibly it happened in a fight and I was hit directly on that ear.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Yea everybody gets that annoying ringing in their ears. It's perfectly normal there's nothing to worry about....the last of your worries shouldn't be some government project and your the guinee pig.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I do not get ringing in the ears, rather a single constant, and unhalting piercing sound. Like a high pitched scream. I find I hear this eery sound when I am about to have a panic attack, or when I feel danger of some sort supernatural is nearby.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
yea ive had that for ages im 14 now. i had it when i was 7 and i soon learnt that focusing on the ringing will make it louder. sometimes i make it louder just 4 the fun of it. and yea i somtimes see little things when looking around, the seem to go in the direction or looking relative to ur eye.(look left they float left) and i somtimes see little round things that look like lil bacteria. lol nothing to be afraid of and definately no government testing.

yes quest i found that when i had 'ghosts' in my room when i was little, i would frequently wke up to a VERY loud constant ringing ( not variable in tone or pitch) in my ears, but then it went away later on.

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by quiksilver]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Those floaters are generally not harmful, they're only tiny clumps of cells or prote�ns in the vitreous fluid in your eye. Because they are inside your eye, they move with your eyes when you try to see them. When you only have floaters, there's usually nothing wrong.

"If you suddenly see new floaters, or eye floaters accompanied by flashes of light or peripheral vision loss, it could indicate serious conditions such as diabetic retinopathy; vascular abnormalities such as retinal hemorrhages or carotid artery disease, or the beginning of a retinal detachment."

Source: Floaters

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   
In the last week I have started to get this high-pitched, constant tone sound mainly in my rigt ear. I use to get something like it occasionaly before, but this isn't going away. Also, like someonee else said, if I focus on it, it gets louder. I'm hoping it's maybe an ear infection, or probably bad diet, and so on.

Here's a farly good site on it, but don't do what I did, and that's think you have a tumor based on all the probable causes, lol.

www.bixby.org...

Dru

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
My ears ring all the time. It's a pain. It's worst at night when it's really quite so I alway have to have a fan or white nose maker on or I can't sleep.

Oh and OT this is my first time posting even though I've been lurking for a while! Hi!

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by Dru]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I've had Tinnitus for about 8 years. Constant, non-stop ringing in my right ear. When it first happened I was given steroids (which didn't help) and then an MRI, just to be on the safe side. It's common and I find it to be annoying at times, especially if I am thinking about it.

Incidentally, I have floaters. Every time I have asked the eye doctor about them they say it�s nothing to worry about unless it increases.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Tinnitus is a more constant ringing in the ears but systomatic or is it symptomatic ringing is infrequent in nature and not necessarily related to Tinnitus.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join