It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 21st 2012 - Only 4 Years Away!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hold on to your butts. A new beginning? What will happen?
Disclosure? Will the Antichrist show his face?

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Actually it's 5 years away.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Elhardt

oh my. i almost lost the ability to control the rate at which i laugh when i read that.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Elhardt

Well, January 2012 is only 4 years and 1 month away.
Sounds like another presidential election year!
President Hillary Clinton????????????????

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I believe that the December 21st time frame is a bit off... keep in mind that mankind has used and switched how many calander systems, either adding days or removing them...

I am more inclined to believe that the event, if any, will happen around August of 2012.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
What will happen? I will die from eggnog overdose.
Tell me something, ho wmany times have people predicted the end of the world, eh? More times than I can count. So what's so special about the Mayan calendar, is it because it's older?

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I don't think it will be the end of the world.
More like a new and cool beginning.
Modern cities with Skyways. (Back to the Future II -2015)
Control the weather. No more Katrina disasters.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Tell me something, how many times have people predicted the end of the world, eh? More times than I can count. So what's so special about the Mayan calendar, is it because it's older?

It's not about how many times people have predicted it. It's about what the prophecies of various cultures that have an accurate history say about the end time. Common people ignore those and jump the gun by just making up baseless predictions. We know the end it coming soon, so 2012 plus or minus a few years is a good general estimate. Examples of what other cultures say:

1) A Hopi Indian prophecy says that "man will build a house in the sky, and that will be the last major technical achievement allowed to man before the end". Man is building a house in the sky now, it's the space station, and the last I heard about it's completion date is about 2010+.

2) 800 years ago Saint Malachy prophecised the number of popes until the end an we are at the next to last one. After that "there will be the destruction of the seven hills of Rome, and the awful judge will judge the people".

3) Aztec leader Montezuma said that the white men who came to conquer his country would hold power for 8 cycles, they would slowly lose it in the 9th, and after that (implying the 10th) the end of the 5th world would come. Cycles = 52 year periods. The 10th cycle started in 1987, and we're in the middle of it now.

4) It is general Buddhist belief that the end would come approximately 2500 years after Buddha. Since the Buddha lived about 2500 years ago, the end is near. They also believe that 1988 marked the start of the last generation.

This is the kind of thing you need to do, corroborate prophecies from different cultures. And when you do, you'll see that all point to the same time frame. These above are just a few of many.

There are a number of end time events that will then happen. The final one that lays waste to mankind is a global earth quake or earth shock. The Bible says it will be like none in the history of mankind. The Maya say this world age will be called the age of movement, because the entire earth will be shaken.

But without quoting a bunch more prophecies because I'm getting tired of writing, another thing that will happen is this country (the US) will be invaded by a massive eastern army that will devastate this country. So at some point in the next few years, expect to see Chinese soldiers and tanks rolling down your streets, pulling your families from their homes, burning things down, and killing lots of people.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but couldn't you take a random assortment of prophecies and pick ones of a common date? The ISS is at least the second space station I can recall. Mir was decommissioned fairly recently. So, maybe stuff already happened.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Elhardt

Also, something about when Israel is created 1947......thats the last
generation.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
By 2012 we will be in the midst of Armageddon. Currently we are experiencing the Tribulation and things will only get worse from here. There are two things that will save you - a belief in Christ as Lord and Savior and a Good Heart Condition.

One Truth

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
[edit on 8-12-2007 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I can see us destroying our self from with in, or getting nuked, but there is no way that another country could invade america, and pull us out of our houses.... that is why we have the second amendment.. whoever does try to invade america would have 300 million troops to deal with........ unless you believe guns are a bad thing, and vote to ban all fire arms...

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
i can see waking up the next day and going to work.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Umm... it's five years away. And no, the world isn't going to end nor anything else of that sort. Who cares if the Mayan calendar ends in 2012. My calendar ends every year on December 31st and you know what I do? I go buy another one. Calendars can't go on forever... they have to end at some point

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
To everybody that absolutely believes something is going to happen in 2012...
Isn't there supposed to be some big stuff leading up to it?

Go here and look at the pictures, maybe read a little bit, then check the measurements on google earth like I did. It just seems that if we're going to be worried about anything that might happen, we should be more concerned about the one that's nearest.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Smokinbbl

That sounds like the mother of all insurgencies.
- Red Dawn -
P.S. We are being invaded by illegal aliens every day.
However, they don't have guns.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

I think you're right, you have to go to the last calender change, And each month that was updated since than, plus leap years, plus the Roman calender was thirdteen months long. Before the changes. plus i think each month was 28-29 days long, Please check this

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

I believe it is still 2012.
The secret key of the Sun is 432. (James Furia)
Its mirror is 234 ("Giza pyramid")
Now 1776 + 234 years = July 4 2010.

From July 4 2010 till the end of 2010 it is exactly 911 days.
322 maybe the return of a president. 1776 + 322 = 2008.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by last time here

You know what ? that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. I actually did laugh out loud. But I can see that being so true.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join