It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we struck a deal with the devil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Have we struck a deal with the devil?

hallindsey.org

The partisan furor erupting over the selective release of two pages from this year's National Intelligence Estimate report aside, it raises a lot more questions than it answers.

The first question that comes to mind is why? The White House is allegedly "incensed" that those particular pages were declassified and released, and it might even be true.

Or it might not.

Let's look at both arguments. Leaking the NIE report handed all the cards over to Iran, seemingly emasculating the administration's entire Iran foreign policy. The National Intelligence Estimate is highly classified information – for any of the 16 intelligence agencies to leak it is tantamount to treason.

For it to be freely released to the public seems inexplicable.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This is an interesting question of "why" release such a damning report. Has "bushie" made a deal with the devil "Iran", this report did surface just after the Annapolis meetings and Bushie is going to Israel next week...........is something really happening here? Is Bush going to throw Israel under-the-bus in favor if Iran?

hallindsey.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by astmonster

I don't think that's what's going on at all. I believe there's some sort of internal power struggle and somebody wasn't bluffing. I don't see how this would play into our administration's hands, and the same goes for Israel. It was either somebody keeping Washington honest, or we're easing off it and saving our battle with Iran for another day. I highly doubt we're cooperating with Iran.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
On past administration support for Israel, right or wrong, it's more likely Bushie is going to Israel to grovel and receive his orders on what to do next.
It certainly seems the leaking of the NIE report pages has more to do with an internal power struggle than anything else. Perhaps there are those within the intelligence community with enough moral fibre to get the word out rather than leave it all to the White House spin machine and the war hawks who would sacrifice more American blood to benefit a foreign power and big corporate interests.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by Britguy]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Bush's own hand picked intelligence community decided that the neocons had done enough damage to the country, is what happened,..

That's it boiled down the the elements.

new topics

top topics

join