It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Human-to-human' bird flu fears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
"The father of a Chinese man who died of bird flu has also been infected with the virus, raising fear of human-to-human transmission"
So i basically think it has already mutated.
What do you all think?
Also, i posted a breaking news thread that basically says the samething, so check that out too...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Fatal bird flu cases in Pakistan
BBC News, UK - Apr 4, 2008
A WHO report says the tests suggest "limited human-to-human ...

Pakistan Human to Human H5N1

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
We are now waiting for the final step of a pandemic, sustained human to human transmission. The difference between phase 4, which we are already in and phase 5 and 6 are primarily the degree of contageon.

Here is an excerpt from the Center for Disease Control.

www.cdc.gov...

Phase 5: Larger cluster(s) but human-to-human spread still localized, suggesting that the virus is becoming increasingly better adapted to humans but may not yet be fully transmissible (substantial pandemic risk).

Pandemic period
Phase 6: Pandemic: increased and sustained transmission in general population.

(Portion Snipped out here relating to first two phases. )

The distinction among phases 3, 4, and 5 is based on an assessment of the risk of a pandemic. Various factors and their relative importance according to current scientific knowledge may be considered. Factors may include rate of transmission, geographical location and spread, severity of illness, presence of genes from human strains (if derived from an animal strain), and other scientific parameters.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time when and where great world population killer War is too slow and cost to much So the govs make a virus to kill many people Thats what i think

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I seriously doubt it has mutated. Now, the question of whether someone mutated it is another matter.

Everything I have heard about the h5n leads me to think this is some disguised biological weapon. Developing drugs to treat an as-yet unverified disease? I mean, why would anyone develop a drug to treat a disease that did not yet exist (and therefore might not ever exist), and how could they do so, when the exact mutation hasn't yet occurred? Maybe I am blissfully ignorant about how these drugs are developed, or how they identify as-yet-to-be mutations (I don't think I am). Maybe I'm just paranoid, but then again, maybe everyone really is out to get me.

Only that last sentence actually contained sarcasm.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
My apologies, I reread the article from pakistan after reviewing an posting the anouncement about Stage 4.

I was incorrect.

We are now in stage 5 of 6.

Dr Mukhtiar Zaman Afridi, head of the isolation ward for avian flu patients at Khyber Teaching Hospital in Peshawar, told the BBC that a poultry worker in Peshawar apparently passed the disease on to members of his family.

Passing the diseas on to members of the family qualifys as a small cluster of human to human.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
As to the matter of the development of the drugs and vaccines.
I believe that they contain the maximum dose allowed by law of the most effective drug ever known to man.

Something called "Placebo". The drugs are designed for what does exist now, but not what will getcha! And by the time the one that will getcha comes it will probably be resistant to the highly profitable but no longer effective "Placebo".

Oh the profits possible from things which kill. War and disease.

new topics

top topics

join