It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi overtones in DBZ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I can't stand dragonball and need to be upfront about that from the get go... but being stuck around it quite often (bc of work) and my interest in anime, I decided I should try to figure out why...

Ever notice in dragonball Z (Akira Toriyama did not endorse GT so I am not including any referance to it) that the most powerful beings are blonde haired blue eyed super warriors and usually defeat those that are different from them, and ally with those similar.

look at the major "villians" in the story..
1st - vegeta becomes ally
2nd - Freiza - green-ish purple and somewhat feminie - killed
3rd - Androids- most dead, but the blonde blue eyed one becomes ally
4th - Cell - Green - bites the big one
5th - Babadi - feeble and greenish - doesn't see the end of the series
6th - Buu - pink and grey and mostly destroyed by the end....

Even other colored characters are usually subserviant to the Sayians
by the time Z starts Piccalo is nothing more then a teacher to Gohan and lets not even mention Mr Popo (sp? sorry not my forte)...
Further "Super Sayian" is abbrivated SS.....

hmmm... maybe i need to lay off the :w: a little... but I could be on to somehing......

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
im sure you do need to lay off the :w: , but you are onto something there. super strong warriors, blonde hair, blue eyes, and SS is the strongest peice of evidence i see. but what about when they go super saiyan 4 and their hair turns brown and their eyes turn red?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
of course they go all red in DB GT... which was not the same creator.... as far as Toriyama is concerned DBZ is the last one.. and only SS3 existed at that point (the longer blonde hair)

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Arnt the makers of the cartoon from japan not germany??

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Actually, Germany and Japan were both Axis powers in WW2.... but I agree that was long before Z and while allies they did not share similar belief systems, still seems a bit too coincidental....

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by DougPepper]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DougPepper
Actually, Germany and Japan were both Axis powers in WW2.... but I agree that was long before Z and while allies they did not share similar belief systems, still seems a bit too coincidental....

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by DougPepper]

Ya I know that japan was an axis powers in ww2...russia was an allied power and look what happened there!!! My point was why would japanese people be promoting..blonde hair blue eyed warriors as superior to their own.
but maybe they do it because they know that they will make more money in the u.s. if the heros are "white people"

But i cant really agree with nazi overtones when the creators are not white,blonde hair,blue eyes..doesnt make sense unless its about money

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Oh god...yes....too much :w:

The Saiyans all have black hair and brown eyes. The massive energy released in the transformation washes the pigment out of their hair and eyes making their hair spikey and blonde and their eyes green.
If you watch the show enough you know that once you become a super saiyan, you are no longer "pure"...you've, as the Colonel would say, got the Spirit of Cain in you. So if anything Toriyama is saying that aryans are evil...

I've had to argue against the idea that Dragonball is racist many times. It's not. For example, the few black characters in the show aren't potrayed any differently than the others. Toriyama just needs to learn how to draw them better.....certain features could be seen as offensive.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
and hey, theres always the red ribbon army=russian commies! japanese animators, russian army getting defeated by blond powerful perfect fighters. sounds like japan and germany are tryin to get back to power (cue ats)
or, blond is the exact opposite of the black hair they all (being asian) have and thus is unique to only the really powerful

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Thats really stretching it. Liek stated b4 the reason thier hair turns blond is the emense power that pretty much bleaches their hair. And thier eyes are not blue they are green. Also look at the role of the Super Sayians all of em are defenders of piece and protection of the earth from outside forces taht want to destroy them. Its not like the dbz characters are intolerant of one particualr race or anything. If anyhting the show promotes the protection of the weak and that justice prevails

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
Thats really stretching it. Liek stated b4 the reason thier hair turns blond is the emense power that pretty much bleaches their hair. And thier eyes are not blue they are green. Also look at the role of the Super Sayians all of em are defenders of piece and protection of the earth from outside forces taht want to destroy them. Its not like the dbz characters are intolerant of one particualr race or anything. If anyhting the show promotes the protection of the weak and that justice prevails

hey man, ino, i watched the show. well, did, but the point remains. i, for one, am jsut playin along. i dun think theres a japanese/german conspiracy to dominate the allies thru the use of successfull anime.
and man, SS4, thats hotness. vegeta is the #.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DougPepper
lets not even mention Mr Popo

Mr. Popo trained goku in the dragonball series, so I imagine hes pretty strong, but as you said, not as strong as the saiyans. I think its all in your head

Peace, TSK

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
And thier eyes are not blue they are green.

Like they're hair, their eyes also change colors when the go super sayian.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
But what about when they go SS 5 and they tun into the golen monkey?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
There is no Super Saiyan 5....the golden monkey is merely when a saiyan turns Super Saiyan while being in the monkey form, from a full moon.

This is a bit crazy, it is not they are all different people with blond hair, just the Super Saiyan stage looks the same for all saiyans. Besides, some would describe it is a golden colour, gold is seen as a mystical rich colour, probably why he chose it.

I doubt he meant any harm.

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by QuestForSafety]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
saiyins have thick black hair in black eyes like latinos in hispanic in asian in
are from planaet vegeta not hitlers mind oookkk in if were from earth it most likely be from konoha because thier advance bllodlines not gemany ring bell but the end of planet vegeta like in the bardock special does seem like the myan prophecy so saiyins the next step in eveloution of man cause we we want to fight in today ever seem to love war if you think of it does like we are a people of war you feel me in herd of a prophecy of were beasts vs changlings in frieza was changling in saiyin are were beast in if the konoha thing is true ??? then bye bye well if think im lying do some research of own i think orochimaru is the antichrist in america in are more alike than you think compare anbu in cia kage in the presedent akustsi in the taliban sandvillage as are iranian allies cartoon in tv can for tell the world the could be right under you eyes

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
TECHNICALLY (lol) their hair turns golden, not yellow. Plus Fat Buu joined the good guys and he was pink, as did Uub who was some sort of ethnic minority (not exactly sure which).

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I don't think your onto anything here. Except maybe a little too much :w:

"A" for effort though.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DougPepper

Japan and Germany make the best cars in the world

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JackofBlades

Uub I think was from India, or would be if India existed in the DBZ world. As for the connections, no. The hair is golden and eyes are green. And they don't exterminate the Jews they protect the planet.

new topics

top topics

join