It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bein' Lucky And Stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
So I was sittin' here doin' some thinkin'......... So I say's to myself, Self? Like what the heck is going on in this world and stuff. All of our rights bein' taken away. Gas prices jumpin' through the roof and stuff. And like what's up with all this global warmin'?

Hmmmmmmmmmm............... Things are really bad, and like I'm gettin' pretty ticked off and stuff. I'm not very happy, in fact I'm hatin' things.

So I'm sittin' on my thinkin' couch, lookin' at my christmas tree. Well the tree is kinda nice.
So I call my dog "Come here Yabaastad!"
So Yabaastad comes runnin' over lookin' all happy and stuff. He lays down in front of the blazin' fireplace, and I start pettin' him and stuff. Hmmmmm........ I like pettin' Yabaastad in front of the fireplace, in the glow of the Christmas tree.
So like the doorbell rings. My Pizza is here! Yeah! So I get up, and go get that Pizza. Man! It's cold out! So I pay the Pizza Man, and close the door.
As I'm walkin' back into the den, I hear the furnace kick on, and feel the nice toasty air coming out of the vents. Mmmmmm......... nice and warm in here.
So like I sit back down in front of the blazin' fire, in the glow of the Christmas Tree, pettin' Yabaastad, and open the pizza. Not bad, not bad at all.

Suddenly my little boy comes runnin' in. Like he's dressed in his yellow jammies and slippers. He looks like a yellow streak, as he runs and jumps on me.

"Daddy!"

"Little Dude"

So I'm sittin' here in my toasty room, in front of the blazin' fireplace, in the glow of the Christmas Tree, pettin' my dog Yabaastad, snuggling with my son, eatin' pizza and stuff.......

"Daddy, will you tell me a story?"

Maybe I had this all wrong. Things are good.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
There is a HUGE smile on my face. That is all I can say...except for the one tear running down my cheek...but you know how backwards Iam..

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Little kids can always warm a heart back up
So can big ones!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Well I bet that 'lil bugger of yours warms your heart! But then again you should think for a moment....your his dad man....man poor kid! Joking buddy! Have a nice day!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tetsujin420

Yikes!
Poor kid is doomed!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Yes Sir..Doomed to be as great a man as his daddy...

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Did you tip the pizza guy?

If it was a good tip, I'm sure things are good in his world as well.

That's how we really fix the problems you started off mentioning in your post. Give, feel others' pains, help out. If you have the money, the time, the goods to make someone's day a little better, everyone should do so.

We shouldn't limit ourselves to spreading that kind of feeling around only this time of year. It should be year round.

Giving is contagious. When you help someone out, unless they're a heartless ass, they feel good and want to give back to someone else in need, and it continues.

Giving brings people together. Bringing people together means uniting. There isn't a politician in this world powerful enough to stop a united people.

Good post. Hopefully, one day, we can all sit around a fire place eating a pizza with the most important person(s) in our lives, our children, without the thought of war, disease, freedoms being stripped, and gas prices even crossing our minds.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Agreed. You said in a much more thorough and technical way, exactly what I was trying to convey.

Oh, and I always tip well.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Luck is not a factor.

Hard work and love: that's where it's at.

MonKey

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

My freind, you make your own luck. Hence, that's why things are good. You're a good man, you've got a great kid, due in large part to your influence, how could it not be all good?

top topics

join