It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do mods move and kill threads ??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Mod just killed two of my threads that I created in breaking alternative news with no clear explanation involving.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Your threads are still available here:

www.abovepolitics.com...

www.abovepolitics.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Your thread wasn't killed, once again it was moved to the appropriate forum, your submissions were Political News... hence the move to Breaking Political News forum.

Did you follow the rules?
Before Submitting News - Please Read These 5 Posts

and No all CAPS in titles of threads please

also asking two questions does not constitute "your opinion" of an event.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well I didn't ask for them to be moved there, though, plus "Breaking Political News" or BTS isn't that much active for discussion or exposure to public, that's why I posted in alternative news.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
And what about these threads in alternative news that are political and how come they don't get moved there, just like mine did?

[edit on 6-12-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Didn't ignore your questions, just took the time to look over the forum list and for the other political threads you mentioned. While I didn't move your threads, I'm offering you my opinion as to why it was probably moved and why I agree with the move.

Just because Bush is in the title doesn't necessarily make it Political. The Alternative News forum is for stories that would fit into the ATS board with a "conspiracy" twist or angle. The only two threads I saw with Bush in the title that could be considered political by you were on Bush not changing his view on Iran...obvious conspiracy angle there since the report says otherwise and the second is regarding the subprime bailout which in itself is has conspiracy all over it.

Also I have to add, the quality of your submission really isn't that good. The opinion section of your submission lacks alot. Personally if it was up to me, it wouldn't be in the "news" forum but in the regular Global Politics forum instead.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
OK perhaps i have noting really of value to add but if my thread was moved, and i think i recall it happening one or so, then that's fine with me. I don;t have an issue. If i posted it where i thought was the right place and it wasn't then it needs to be moved. This is in no way trivializing the OP feelings on the matter just a personal opinion.

I use BTS and ATS. I don't really discuss politics so PTS isn't where i would typically hang out but ATS and BTS in my opinion are both cool.

Hey that's just me LOL...

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
"Breaking Political News" or BTS isn't that much active for discussion or exposure to public, that's why I posted in alternative news.

Wait a second...

So you knowingly posted them in the wrong section, and then came here to complain about the fact that they were moved?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I also like BTS in a way. Different mood, but it is as interesteing as ATS.
I have several experiences about my thread being moved, and in most cases, it was justifiable.

Please allow me to say, worldwatcher is just fantastic! She won't mean any harm.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
BTS is becoming the hip place on the board anyway. I read your thread there AG.

I prefer BTS because I don't get the "prove it" or "got any videos" response to everything I post.

Oh yeah? Prove it. Got a link, video?

Huh....you're right. That's weird.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I say take it with a pinch of salt!

I have had heaps of my threads moved or trashed (sorry) lol

but yanno, imagine a world without moderation?

what would it be like? There would be chaos...imo

funny thing is when I really try to post in the right section, I still get it wrong!

I don't it is anything personal at all...

so dont take it personal!

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm spending more time than usual on BTS, mostly because ATS just isn't as interesting as usual at the moment. BTS is mostly for fun, gossip, umm...naughtiness (and you know who I'm talkin' to), and combinations there of.

We're all the same, whether on BTS, ATS, or PTS, make an interesting thread and people will show up.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Actually, I don't mind it when I'm either given the option to close my thread or if a mod takes up a vote to close them because by that time, such threads have already degenerated into hard-core personal attacks...

Some of my material is highly controversial to those hard core skeptics or those who adhere strictly to the nuts and bolts Alien/UFO viewpoint which has so many holes in it, every time I point out where those holes are in their conjectures on this or that, they go after me even more.

At any rate, I'm looking at the bigger picture now as far as ATS is concerned. I see the beginnings of a BIG break through that's coming up soon and a need to attempt to set standards here in the Alien and UFO forum just for the sake of mainstream public and media consumption of the information that ATS will be presenting to the world at large.

If if means keeping the lid on all of that other stuff that's connected to either one of these phenomenon's, for the sake of disclosure, then so be it. Obviously Greer has not been able to follow through with his promises on this but if ATS is able to take up where he left off... then I'm all for that.

So I will from this day forward keep on track with those established long running threads in that forum and do my best not to veer off into those controversial topics having to with visual images of dimensional bleed through's of what I perceive as beings from "other worlds" or parallel dimensions. It's ok to talk about Jacques Vallee's theories but god forbid showing any photographic evidence of anything in support of them. But mark my word, they are showing themselves to us but ATS, at least at this present time, is the NOT the place to bring up such topics for discussion. Lol.... let's just say, I got the message! But I'm all for disclosure anyway and I believe that ATS is uniquely qualified to take over the reigns on that so I'm sure this forum has many exciting things to look forward to in the days ahead!

PS -- Btw, if I had not seen those 2 Triangle Ufos.. especially the one that was closer to us flying over the coastline of the area that I live in which is "slightly"
outside of the city of Cleveland -- I would never be saying that some UFOs out there are in fact man-made because myself and those who were with me at that time definitely came to those conclusions. So because of this, I KNOW, that there is much to be said about the nuts and bolts UFO perspective and that a lot of it is true. So I'm definitely open-minded enough to want to find out everything possible about our governments involvement, as well as other governments and those covert agencies that are involved in the production of such crafts. I believe that ATS has the POWER, to alert the public in a way that's never been done before to allow for public disclosure of those black budget projects that are producing such advanced technology. There's no question about that.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Great, I have a problem.

Some moderator just moved my thread and PLUS REMOVED MY COMMENT ON THE NEWS WITHOUT CONSENT, making it look like I just posted the news with no comment involved as if I'm spamming it, I just don't understand at all

[edit on 12-12-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Why not u2u that staff member and privately discuss the issue? As opposed to rushing to this thread and publicly griping about an organizational move. If a mistake was made, the staff will be the first to admit it. Make use of the open door policy and contact the staff member and actually ask why.

This public platform for gripes is hardly constructive.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It amazes me so often here how some can't or are having trouble immersing themselves into understanding and appreciating how many ATS Staff are volunteering all-the-time in keeping members focused on subjects here. Most of which are real world subjects needing attention.

(cripes Iv'e been spending the last two hours writing stuff on-line but more listening to Boston at Altec Lansing/Mcintosh levels!!). (laugh)?)

Dallas

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
see what I am talking about ?? now THIS thread got moved to BTS hell and why?? because some other mod saw fit to move it....so I guess that no matter where I start a thread it will get moved then huh??

this is for sure a concentrated effort to kill threads pure and simple as chissler has just shown.

this place has so changed......and NOT for the better.

I am really amazed at this place as of late.

Lug

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Grey

Oh, good grief, not BTS Hell...

Whatever can we do?

I know!!! Lets get blotto :bnghd: and fogettaboudit.

It sure beats
and
or and

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
get used to it....it will happen again and again.

Originally posted by TheoOne
Great, I have a problem.

Some moderator just moved my thread and PLUS REMOVED MY COMMENT ON THE NEWS WITHOUT CONSENT, making it look like I just posted the news with no comment involved as if I'm spamming it, I just don't understand at all

[edit on 12-12-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join