It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Interceptor Missile Test Successfully Conducted.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
India today (Thursday) conducted an advanced air defense missile test when an incoming missile was successfully destroyed in flight by an interceptor missile. No details of this missile are presently available. But its success signals the entry of India into the big league.

The test was conducted in the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Wheeler Island in the Bay of Bengal, off the coast of Orissa, around 1,500 km east of capital New Delhi.

The hostile ballistic missile was a modified version of India's Prithvi missile and the interceptor was a new generation indigenous missile.

The critical detection radar is a modified version of an Israeli system, according to local TV channel NDTV.

On Sunday, the scientists had conducted a mock trial of the new high-speed missile by using an electronic target fired from the ITR, local TV channel Zeenews reported.
news.xinhuanet.com...

The advanced air defense missile that successfully
intercepted an oncoming 'hostile' missile 15 km
above the earth.
(Xinhua/AFP Photo)

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Very nice!

You know when one looks at the Prithvi(the first missile pic in the link), it reminds me of the exagerated comic book doomsday missile. The Paint Job et
al!

sweet!

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Yeah! I wish they had painted some gator's teeth on it!! Or even mine would have looked menacing enough!!

new topics

join