It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Photos from 1960s Get Digital Facelifts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
www.space.com...

Between August 1966 and August 1967, NASA's five Lunar Orbiter spacecraft returned more than 2,600 images of the moon and photographed 99 percent of the lunar surface.

This multitude of images has now been digitized, processed and made available online by the Lunar and Planetary Institute (LPI).

"We did a minimal contrast stretch and then we used software to de-stripe the images, enhancing their clarity and beauty," O'Dell said

This extensive collection can be found at www.lpi.usra.edu... . There are some great photos worth checking out, with an Apollo image collection as well.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well, based upon what I read in the news today, I suspect it was needed.

www.npr.org...

Seems there's now a full disclosure about why the soil was orange colored on the moon.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skydancer

www.npr.org...

Seems there's now a full disclosure about why the soil was orange colored on the moon.

Are you suggesting that they were previously hiding the fact that the moon had some orange soil? They disclosed that to the world nearly 40 years ago during the Apollo 17 mission:
history.nasa.gov...
history.nasa.gov...
Perhaps I don't understand what you're trying to imply though.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skydancer

www.npr.org...

"Disclosure" is a strange word to use regarding the famous orange soil. If you read the article, you will know why the water in the glass beads was not confirmed until now -- the instruments used to analyze the beads was not sensitive enough to confirm the presence of water. Even though those first analyses were inconclusive, the scientists felt strongly enough about it to try again with the new instruments. I see no "planned disclosure" here.

I don't see why someone would use that new buzzword "disclosure" to describe finding traces of water molecules trapped in Moon soil. Water seems to be an abundant molecule throughout space, and nobody is hiding this fact -- nor has any reason to.

[edit on 7/11/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

top topics

join