It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel: Iran nuke study pulls military option off the table

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Israel: Iran nuke study pulls military option off the table

www.haaretz.com

Professionals will now argue passionately, continuing the debates between Israel's assessment (an Iranian bomb in 2009-2010) and the American one (a bomb in 2012-2013).
(visit the link for the full news article)

"Iran welcomes US nuclear report"

[edit on 4-12-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Yes, this is a 'biased' source imo -- an Israeli newspaper w/ an agenda judging by their 'related' articles which still advocate warfare... and from the snippet I inserted, *they* continue to be undecided 'when' Iran could have a bomb.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-12-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

To be fair, Haaretz is kind of the most 'liberal' Israeli newspaper there is. But still, can't blame them for being supportive of their country.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

It is quite a dilema isn't it. Just who are we supposed to believe. Most of us don't believe what our Govt.(U.S) tells us anyway. So what's different about now? And as the article stated, what intelligence has the U.S aquired that would drastically change there song on the Iran issue? I'm honostly confused

For years now the administration has been spewing rhetoric regarding the threat that a nuclear Iran posses. Even as recent as a month ago. What suddenly changed, that discredits all the other "intelligence report's?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
maybe there was some change in...
"the plan"

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Honestly, at this point my head is spinning.

They are making a bomb....They aren't making a bomb.... They are dangerous... They want peace... They want to wipe Israel off the map.... They never said that...We have always been at war with East Asia

They are making a bomb....They aren't making a bomb.... They are dangerous... They want peace... They want to wipe Israel off the map.... They never said that...We have always been at war with East Asia

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
From what I have read elsewhere it appears that the NIE report has been around a while but suppressed for about a year.
I also get the impression that the the release of the document was hot on the heels of a leak anyway, rather than a planned release by the administration. If they had their way we'd have probably seen a heavily edited piece or nothing at all.

The Israelis still want dumb American goys to go fight Iran for them and there is still the possibility that Israel will strike, expecting the US to step in and deal with the aftermath. Hopefully, if Israel does so there will be enough people in the US with the backbone to step back from it let the Israelis reap what they have sown.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I'm wondering the same thing, friend. Did the marker board just get erased, or are we taking a break before we finish the plan on a new one? I can't tell if this is a failed attempt at Iran, or if we're taking a step back to get leverage better shot. Only time will tell, it seems.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Seems to me like Bush knew the contents of this report at least up till the date of 17th october 2007 when he says :

“So I’ve told people that if you’re interested in avoiding World War III, it seems like you ought to be interested in preventing them from have the knowledge necessary to make a nuclear weapon. I take the threat of Iran with a nuclear weapon very seriously.”

[Bush, 10/17/07]

He isn't saying they are developing a nuclear bomb anymore, just the 'threat' of , and preventing them from gaining the knowledge to make one.

And now that the NIE report is disclosed, Bush has no option, he HAS to continue to press for actions against Iran . Not only has he articulated a transition in dialogue that fits the new intelligence data, but to continue to call for action on that point will enable him to say he has not mislead anybody . He escapes impeachment. Carefully engineered wording and actions may save Mr Bush once again.

new topics

top topics

join