It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will they ever tell us \" more then we need to know \" ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
With all the talk about Alien discloser , possible terrorist attacks , weather manipulation , or any other list of possible topic\'s , do you really think they will ever tell us more then we need to know ? Or to put it another way more then they think we should know ? Take your pick , it really doesn\'t we are in the dark anyway you look at it .

Some will say that certain things are kept from us for our own good , sighting public safety among other things . But lets look at this for a second , what is meant by public safety ? Do they think we would run mad down the streets shooting each other if we learned that there was life on another planet ? Some argue that religion would not survive the news of alien life , I disagree . Most religions could find some writing in there holy texts that could easily be used to except the existence of alien life . And after all is religion not based on faith , not new scientific discoveries ?

The only thing that would change is mankind\'s perceptions , and our new perceptions / belief would be based solely on the info that we were given and the spin that accompanied the new info .

For better or worse we are all \" under control \" . We live in a society that has laws , and rightfully so .... in most cases . These laws are put in place to in some form or another to control our actions and how we interact with one another to from the society in which we live .

As I mentioned , laws are needed , as I am sure most of us will agree . But what happens when a law or kept secret is designed to protect a \" perception \" , a perception that if kept or possibly manipulated acts as the very catholist that serves to control us , limiting us , restricting us buy our ignorance of the truth ? This is happening right now regardless if there are aliens or not , all one need do for proof of this is watch the news .

I think it very unlikely that we will ever be told anything that cant be presented to us in such a way that it would serve some need of the decision makers at the time. The false perceptions imprinted upon us at the release of any news will only lead to one more form of control buy our lack of the hole truth , or knowing how much truth there really is .

How much truth do you think we can hope for on the topics us ATS members care so much about ?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This is definately written very broadly. This entails a multitude of subjects...general questions of human existence +.

My relpy to you is to soak your mind like a sponge. Write out all the things you want to know about, nothing is a dumb question, and then to find it.

Never stop looking.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The point I am trying to make , and very poorly to some apparently , is that I do not think it likely that we we ever be told anything that doesn\'t serve the purpose of those that hold the info to begin with . I MHO I think it a bit unrealistic to think that we can expect the hole truth on any of the topics that so many of us find interesting and worthy of study . Yes the list is broad as you pointed out and in my mind that is one more reason for concern as it is so encompassing touching on so many different topics .

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
they will only tell you under fully controlled conditions

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
What do you want to know?

There are some things you will not be told for reasons of public security - such as, for example, the names of government intelligence operatives working under cover in positions of danger. There are many other facts of this kind.

There are also things you will not be told because they are proprietary information - such as, for example, the formula of Coca-Cola or the Windows source code.

There are things you will not be told because your knowing them might be prejudicial to another's rights and freedoms - for example, your neighbour's police record.

And there are things you will not be told because they are none of your business - for example, the amount of money I have in my bank account.

Aside from things like this, what else do you think 'they' are not telling you?

And how do you know 'they' aren't telling?

And who are 'they'?

And are you sure you're not just fantasizing? Or allowing yourself to be duped by that vast trove of stupidity, error and downright mendacity, the Internet?

I advise you to think a little before you reply. How do you know you're right?

top topics

join