It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Race Heating Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Iowa and New Hampshire have become very interesting in the last couple of weeks. When i watched the last debate, i predicted Giuliani and Romney would suffer as a result of their verbal sparring. It seems like McCain is reaping some of the reward, but Huckabee has improved the most. I'm not entirely sure he'll be able to carry the bigger states that he'll need to win, but it might set him up nicely for a VP invitation. Even so, i don't see Giuliani or Romney making any good progress in the coming months- especially Rudy.

But what about Ron Paul? Heh. I just want to start off by saying he is getting all the press he deserves right now. I don't want to hear it about how he doesn't get coverage. Look at Fred Thompson. He slipped in the polls and now you don't hear much about him. If/when Paul makes another significant jump in the polls in the next month, we may see more airtime. But we can't sit and cry all the time when he isn't getting press. Some of the cards may be stacked against him, sure, but he knew that getting into this and so should you.

I do think if Paul can get enough votes throughout the primaries, it might change his thoughts on a third party run. I know a lot of Democrats who would vote for him purely because they want out of Iraq, and there are a lot of independents out there who won't get equal representation until voting day.

I see McCain winning the primaries. Believe it. and Huckabee is his running mate.

join