It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran proposes Gulf security pact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Iran proposes Gulf security pact

news.bbc.co.uk

A BBC analyst says Mr Ahmadinejad is trying to woo the Gulf states to reduce the risk of a military confrontation with the West over its nuclear plans.

The six GCC states are Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the UAE.

"We are proposing the conclusion of a security agreement," Mr Ahmadinejad told the opening session of the summit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
There he goes again, provoking the western world and Israel.

Damn, somebody REALLY needs to do something about this guy and Iran, they have LONG overstepped their boundaries.

/sarcasm

What a coincidence, he wants and end to foreign intervention and I want an end to us intervening.

This guy may not be so bad after all.

Or maybe this is what most countries have wanted all along and it is the U.S./Israeli war mongers' fault that the rest of the world hates us for our foreign policies.

Jasn

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
They need to form an alliance immediately. I was hoping would tie in with the SCO, but that doesn't look plausible anymore. I do hope however some sort of united front forms in defense of events that may or may not transpire. It may even be good for an internal checks and balances system that may naturally occure within the union. Good find, man.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It's good to see Iran finally taking some responsibility in securing their area of the globe. Perhaps a strong alliance between the Arab states will start to quell US/Israeli hegemony in the area, and give the responsibility for security to those who would be secured.

Mark my words, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is trying to make major change in the region through the construction of a strong Iranian state. Despite what many may think I do not believe he has the same intentions or aspirations as someone like Saddam Hussein.

My first clue:

The US Government doesn't like him. He won't be their Noriega.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Good for Iran.
I say, let them go all the way on any scientific achievment they can accomplish.

The key word there, is achievement.

They figured out a technical process, they mastered the cycle.... they have the upmost RIGHT, to do as they please...

They have had many weapons capable of eliminating Israel, for some time. They have had many other nations backing them, against Israel... and they have had the suicidal fighters on their side.... to believe once they get the bomb, Israel will be finished is STUPIDITY... or GULLABILITY... which ever you prefer.

The west doesnt want Iran to have the bomb for one simple reason..
and its got diddly squat to do with Israel.

Once Iran get the bomb, we would of lost any controlling ability we HAD over that region.

North Korea can get the bomb, because.. well... we dont really care about rice paddies.
Saudi Arabia can have the bomb.. because... well.. They are as greedy as us, and are prepared to torture, murder and maime anyone who's against the western interests in their oil...

But Iran?.... a nation that has long stood up for its rights, for its nationality... for its land... has no quams about standing up and going
'' This is our land, and that is our natural resource... get out of our land, and get your hands of our oil ''

10 years ago, the Middle east would probably of turned its back on an Iranian request for co-operation...
No one wanted to side with Iran, because they appeared reckless, they appeared overly hostile and aggro for no apparent reason.

But Now?

Now, that the west has activley copied the Nazi's and invaded Iraq akin to Poland... the middle east is a little jittery... its a bit unsure about the exact reasons, results and causes for this tragedy.

I fully believe the entire middle east, including Iraq... needs to side with Iran.
Not because of its leader, but because of the persian history.
Persia was an empire of respect, culture and honour.

Iran mightnt be this now, but the people are.

And if we do anything, anything at all to inflict pain on their historical culture..

We, like the egytpians will be conquered by Persia.

top topics

join