It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Seti Password

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Im trying to join the ats group, but I dont know what my password is. I made it send me it in a email, but it still hasn't came yet. Is there any other way I can get my password?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows
Im trying to join the ats group, but I dont know what my password is. I made it send me it in a email, but it still hasn't came yet. Is there any other way I can get my password?

Well done tsk!! Welcome!!

Well, I was going to suggest the "Forgot password" route, so I guess you'll just have to wait. Sorry

SETI@home assigns a password to you - mine is alpha-numeric - which they email back to you. Perhaps the server is busy (American traffic?!) so try again later on - or early tomorrow.

One good thing is that *whenever* you join, *those* WU's are added to the teams total, of course, although you retain the "ownership" of the WU's... We've had people join the team recently with 2000+ WU's (and *one*, Xspectre8), who took *my* third place!!

So, whenever it happens, you'll be in!!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You can request your password at the login place. That's how I got mine.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
to the best of my recollectiom I think your Email is your password....

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
my bloody password still hasn't came yet.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Thats strange
The last time that I had to do that , I think I got it pretty much instantly.
Have you only made one attempt? Perhaps you should try again.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I've made like five attempts personally, and I haven't gotten mine, so I've resolved to do it on my own. I'm up to 181 WU. My PW is just beign stubborn< I guess.

DE

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
ah # it. I'll just un-install seti@home.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Hi Deus/ TSK!!

Sorry to hear you're both having problems joining the team??

We *have* had recent members join, so I really don't know why you've both experienced difficulties??

Anybody else having a problem please??

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The only problem I have as such, is that the email address I used to sign up with no longer belongs to me, so of course I can no longer modify any of my SETI@Home details or change address, or change group (not that I want to).

It's unfortunate the Berkeley folk can't do anything about this, but it means if I want to change to using my current address I'd lose all my WU's

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniversalFiction
The only problem I have as such, is that the email address I used to sign up with no longer belongs to me.... or change group (not that I want to).

Hi UF!

I'm very sorry to hear that you've "lost" access to your original email account

However, I'm delighted you don't want to change your team!!

On a pragmatic level (and merely a thought): why not create a new account with a new email address, perhaps *after* the "points per WU" issue has been resloved, to start afresh?? A thought that occurs to me is that we might *all* have to change accounts in any case, once the move to BOINC is completed, as then SETI@home will become defunct and we'll all be starting from "scratch", so to speak??
I know our final WU totals will be archived by S@h but, effectively, that will be it. We won't get any credit for those WU's once the program upgrades to BOINC.

So, perhaps, this isn't *too* devastating... Although a timely reminder to keep accounts active, I guess??

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Good point! It's no major hassle, just one of those little frustrations!

Of course I no longer receive the email updates from them anymore...do they still send them?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniversalFiction
.... Of course I no longer receive the email updates from them anymore...do they still send them?

I haven't received any in ages (and, even *then*, they seemed "spasmodic" UF). I *think* I got one around the time I completed 500WU's, then maybe one more after that... I guess with *nearly* 5 000 000 users worldwide they come around infrequently??

What *was* nice was when I emailed David Anderson at SETI about BOINC and received a "personal" reply from him within a couple of days, which I thought was fantastic, really. Shows that they *care* about *us*...

top topics

join