It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

adobe to a writable file

page: 1

join
share:
DCP

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
i need to take a copy of the blank log on the PA state's website (last 3 pages)
www.dos.state.pa.us...
and make it something that i can type on...any ideas??

thank you for any help

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
you need the full version of adobe acrobat to modify pdf's ($$). i haven't seen any easy way to convert a pdf to something like a word document either. there are a few apps that will convert or save as pdf's from a source document though. i believe OpenOffice does actually.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Do you mean "type on" in a word processor or an actual hard copy you would insert into a typewriter? The latter would be quite easy, but I am not sure how you would reverse a PDF file into something you could use in an application.

If I had an hour and nothing to do, I would simply transcribe the document into a spreadsheet and then use that. OpenOffice has a free office software suite that includes spreadsheets compatible with Excel. I use it all the time.

www.openoffice.org...

Maybe someone will stroll along here and give you something better though.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by ben91069]

DCP

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
the state says you can type on it but you cannot modify the form...i would hate to do a bunch of work then the state says "well your missing the the left corner of your form so the whole work is rejected...

thanks for the ideas and i will try openoffice

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
if it's an official document then they might only accept it as is depending on what it's used for. if you transcribe it, they might not take it anyway. just be careful with that. i have used the fill-in pdf's for taxes without problem.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If that is supposed to be writable then maybe they have a different PDF just for that.

And as it appears to be an official document, I wouldn't use anything except what they explicitly say must be used, unless you intend using it for some other purpose.

To change PDFs in Word or RTF documents that can be changed, Abbyy Fine Reader is an excelent choice, and I think they have a trial version.

new topics

top topics

join