It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS...an emerging political force?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
With the drastic increase of members lately, and it's only going to continue as people talk, that's how I got here, it got me thinking, could this grow beyond just a forum into a lobby group or other political force? What do you think?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
With the drastic increase of members lately, and it's only going to continue as people talk, that's how I got here, it got me thinking, could this grow beyond just a forum into a lobby group or other political force? What do you think?

No

Well thats the short answer, i just think internet groups really don't have that much pushing power yet, maybe in a few years.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
No

Well thats the short answer, i just think internet groups really don't have that much pushing power yet, maybe in a few years.

I agree. We are just a forum. But as it gets larger and more people join then who knows. The sky is the limit.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
No!

Now forming some warped, paranoid millitia. That I can see.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
No!

Right! That's what inspires me to write the stories based on DE's twisted ATS-after-the-apocalypse world.

It's not just fiction -- it's a plan of action!

Seriously though, I think that long-term, ATS could be something political, but not anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
No!

Hell Yeah! Where do I sign up!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter
Right! That's what inspires me to write the stories based on DE's twisted ATS-after-the-apocalypse world.

It's not just fiction -- it's a plan of action!

Seriously though, I think that long-term, ATS could be something political, but not anytime soon.

Here was me thinking it was the Phil Collins tunes.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Rather be with ATS, than against them...

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oswald

You got that right! We Rule.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
yeah...come on!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oswald

I'd tell you stories about those who stood against us, but they all seem to have had accidents

It wasn't me! i didn't push them! I swear that petrol can was already leaking.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I'd tell you stories about those who stood against us, but they all seem to have had accidents

It wasn't me! i didn't push them! I swear that petrol can was already leaking.

LMFAO!!!
Man Nerd Thats the hardest Ive laughed today.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
No, I made a mistake, it sure wasn't Kano who pushed anyone, nor was anyone pushed, nor is there 'anyone' to be pushed or do the pushing.

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by Kano]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
So, the consensus is that it could happen, but in the future? If so it would be a good thing. Many people here. People into science, conspericy,politics,etc.. Lots of good input.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Now forming some warped, paranoid millitia. That I can see

Now that idea I like

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I doubt it simply because there are too many different opinions and points of view in regards to all topics, let alone politics... we'd never get anything done as no-one would agree on anything... but it is always a possibility

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Amuk, I got your back.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Amuk, I got your back.

THE STREETS WILL FLOW WITH THE BLOOD OF THE UNBELIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
does anyone besides me ever think that the media is monitoring ATS and then coming up with news stories and topics for their show discussions???

hmmmm I wonder??

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a political power..no BUT...look at some of the more well researched posts and their links....there is alot of 'factual' info dug up and posted here...alot more than the other 'conspirecy sites' I have visited. Now that could be an influence is enough of the lemmings would look outside their own little box and see what is really happening around them. and someday in the not so distant future, when the 'powers that be' decide to limit access to all of the info that may be somewhat detrimental to the efficent running of the govt all this will be stopped......call me paranoid

top topics

<<   2 >>

join