It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teddy Bear Teacher Freed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Teddy Bear Teacher Freed

www.cnn.com

British teacher in Sudan jailed over the naming of a teddy bear has been released from police custody, the British Embassy in Khartoum said, several hours after Sudan's president Omar al-Bashir pardoned her.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
If the protesters were upset at her sentence before, they are going to be really upset now. I am curious to see their reaction to this pardon.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Good to see the right thing happened. I wonder who can take credit for the successful negotiation here. Also it should be noted that many Muslims thought that the charges were outrageous. Once again, very good outcome.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Very good news but if I was her,I'd get out sharpish.There are extremists who will not be happy about the outcome.

Unless she is guaranteed protection from the few loonies then she is in real danger.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
BBC say she will return to the UK today or tomorrow.
Poor woman will now get of the plane into a good ol' great british media maelstrom-the last thing she needs.
Glad her ordeal in Sudan is over.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Like sending a lamb to the slaughter.

Its a good thing she has been freed, but its unfortunate its being publicised so much.

I can see some type of up-set from this, one way or the other.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The whole situation sure is being milked the hell out of by our good old government line towing MSM.
Give her some peace with her friends and family I say.She's probably in shock still.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Ya, I think anyone would be in shock after a ordeal like that. Im glad she was freed, faced no lashes, and wasnt harmed by the extremists calling for blood.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
reply to post by Karlhungis

Very good news but if I was her,I'd get out sharpish.There are extremists who will not be happy about the outcome.

Unless she is guaranteed protection from the few loonies then she is in real danger.

I'm with you I am surprised we haven't heard anything about it yet. I kind of expected the Cartoon Riots all over again.

new topics

top topics

join