It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Guides??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I would like more information on them and the way you contact them.

Does everyone have spirit guides? Is contacting your spirit guides dangerous because you can open up to negative entities?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I read somewhere on here that if you continually ask for the name of your guardian angel it will be whispered in your ear. But It has not worked for me as of yet.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's a thread that explains quite allot,

I think its a great idea,

As with all things you have to protect your self from any negative energy,
you can do this by have a crystal or imagining your self in a bubble of light.,

There are many here who have had wonderful experiences and im sure they will give you some great ideas,

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Probably the best way is to put an ad on Ethereal craigslist.

Actually, from what I understand, you put out feelers and see who/what contacts you. It's tricky, though, because there are demons out there who will lie and pretend to be some benevolent guide just to mess with you. Demons tend to be bored. Immortality does that, I guess.

So I suppose you have to sort through those like you would if you were dating them. Shy away from the ones that sound too good to be true, or who seem like they're saying stuff they think you want to hear.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Nohup]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I, personally, am in touch with my spirit guides. Nohup is right, you kind of just have to mentally ask to know who they are so to speak. I do believe that spirit guides are with us our whole lives, however. I don't necessarily believe that they're just somehow "assigned" at random times, because I feel very connected with mine. I feel they know me better than anybody and I always know when they're trying to tell me something. And when I say "they" it's because I have three spirit guides. I also don't think that seeking out your spirit guide can open any sort of dangerous doors.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Someone told me I have two spirit guardians, not guardian angels, that watch over me. Some how I'm not in touch enough to acknowledge their presense, however much I'd like too, it's not happening, not that I've really tried, but that's what someone told me when I asked what they thought about some of my paranormal experiences.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Thanks for all the info!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I found this online meditation to help you meet your inner (spirit) guide. I've tried it a few times and I keep getting different images. Not sure if I have multiple guides or if my guide just has a sense of humor and wants me to keep guessing... I don't know.

but it's worth a try if you're interested. Plus there lots of other meditations to try out.
www.learningmeditation.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I do not have any spiritual guides, but I was dating a woman (L) who had three. The first was the spirit of her grandmother. L would talk to open air, writing down recipes dictated to her by her grandmother. I felt that was a good spirit. The second was an old flame of hers. I guess he was like a guardian angel or something. Not to thrilled about the old flame part, but didn't sense anything bad about it.

The third one was... something else... When he (I felt it was a masculine presence) was around, you could feel the darkness. L thrived off of this and channeled it for powering up her defensive and offensive abilities. The more she did, the darker she became, until she finally snapped.

I think spirit guides require mutual agreement. Just be sure you aren't tempted by something offering power, etc. to make a bargain. I am not sure how easy it is to break them.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I have studied shamanism for many years and meditation is key to contacting your spirit guides. Often a person who has little experience can benefit from who one does indeed have more. In this respect i can offe rmy assitance in this particular matter. u2u me if you would like.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Hey Worldwatcher,
With whats going on in my life at this time and all seems to be in the negative realm, I decided to try something new after reading this posting. I tried two forms of meditation one for my forward path and then last for a spirit guide.
I followed the meditation processes and found that a beautiful white sandy beach on a deserted isolated island with blue water, little waves and big palm trees did the trick, I think.
I tried to envision me coming towards myself and it seems as though I was motionless & hovering over the water about 100 ft from the beach.
I noticed what appeared at first to be a person on the beach a man and my first thought was that it was me, just like the meditation said to envision me seeing myself.
This person resembled me somewhat lighter skinned but he was thinner and he had more hair and it was black, mine now is white but when I was young I had brown hair. He started walking towards the water and the closer he got, the more I noticed that I didn't know him at all. He stopped about 10 ft in front and he seemed to be over the water now and for sure, I did not recognize him, not even as a friend, but the feeling I got was warm and friendly, we did not speak. It was really hard for me to try to concentrate on looking him in the eyes, but I just kept making short glances at his expression. I felt warm and comfortable. Could this be my spirit looking over me, or just wishful thinking.
He started walking back to the beach and just momentarily glanced back at me and this to me seemed to be his goodbye.
The very next image I got was a tall light skinned big headed bald man or being standing in front of a black or very dark background, maybe a very big door, I dont know but dark. There was light behind us, lighting up his pale fleshy skin and I only seen him from his chest up, no shirt or anything of clothing.
I have had my fair share of big heads in my youth and dark shadow beings but this time it was different and I have never experienced anything like this before. In all of my past moments I never ever was able to look at their faces, either the big heads or the shadow beings but this time I seen both spirits faces, does this make sense.
What scared me for a brief moment and made me try to blank out this thought was his eyes were round and black, but not really big just very round & black just like the background, he did not speak and remained motionless in this vast space of darkness and his stare was cold and sharp as a knife, I felt fear for that moment.
Is this what you would call my spirit guides around me or is it a possible call for some psycho-analizing, I'm not sure about this, because it was my first attempt at meditation, whats your opinion or anyone else for that matter.
Today I was setting on a bench looking out over a lake and the sun was warm, the sky was blue with a little bit of puffy clouds, the breeze was light, the ducks were dipping their heads, planes flying over, cars humming by and the thought occurred to me that I am a million miles away and I'm just trying to get back, does any of this make sense.
gwhint

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Did someone go and see the Golden Compass today??? I hope this dosent turn into another Stargate Conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

join