It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firemen told to report "discontent" to DHS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
rawstory.com...

It was revealed last week that firefighters are being trained to not only keep an eye out for illegal materials in the course of their duties, but even to report back any expression of discontent with the government.

(more at link)

Funniest. Decade. EVER!

[edit on 2-12-2007 by The Good Reverend Roger]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
If the DHS is looking for people that are discontented; why designate firemen?

The DHS can find discontent on almost any forum on the www. from conservative to liberal.

Even the kissass neo-cons are beginning to wake up as to how they have been chumped out.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Because they can arrest people. Because they need no warrant to enter property.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Good Reverend Roger

Originally posted by whaaa

Because they can arrest people. Because they need no warrant to enter property.

Firemen can't arrest people. Lets see how smart they feel when some drug dealer/addict lets his whole block burn down because he didn’t want firemen to find his stash.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
What was that movie where the firemen actually start fires? and they burn books? farenheit 451 or something?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
spy on your neighbors.
turn them in.
your parents, too. you can be handsomely rewarded for turning in your relatives.

since when does the government in a demockracy need to look for dissidents?

or right! it's not a democracy. it's a totalitarian mind prison.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainplanet

Firemen can't arrest people.

Um, yes they can. Get caught hiding things from the Fire Marshall's inspector, and let us know how it works out.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The Good Reverend Roger

that's a specific scenario, not a general truth. A fireman can't just arrest you like a cop can.

[edit]
They can only arrest you if your creating a fire/safety hazard

[edit on 2-12-2007 by captainplanet]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by captainplanet

Incorrect. They can arrest you for interfering in their lawful activities.

And if snooping for the government is now one of their lawful duties, you have no 4th amendment rights, because to refuse entry to a fireman is to interfere in his lawful duties.

Legislative bloat is a wonderful thing.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Yeah but these are public servants being told to report people for expressing discontent, I don't think it really matters if they can arrest you, they can apparently report you to people who can over something as vaguely defined as 'discontent'. Firefighters aren't the only ones either, they are asking truck drivers and others to do the same... and check out some of the oddball questionaires being given to your kids at achool about their political opinions.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Yeah but these are public servants being told to report people for expressing discontent, I don't think it really matters if they can arrest you, they can apparently report you to people who can over something as vaguely defined as 'discontent'. Firefighters aren't the only ones either, they are asking truck drivers and others to do the same... and check out some of the oddball questionaires being given to your kids at achool about their political opinions.

Turn in your parents for valuable prizes, kids!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Yea, it's definatly not a good thing no matter who puts the cuffs on you. I don't have kids, but out of curiosity, what kind of stuff are they asking them?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
1984 anyone?
Looks like they're looking for perpetrators of 'thought crime'.
We're getting closer to having a 'Big Brother' leader every day.
I wonder what Orwell would make of this...

six

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by The Good Reverend Roger

No we cant arrest you. We can have you arrested for interfering during the course of a incident, but the police do that. Arson investigators can arrest you. Fire Marshals hand out fines, but do not have arresting powers (atleast in my jurisdiction). Rest assured, we are not being trained to look out for discontent, and I work for a rather large F.D. We can, and will, watch out for any illegal activities during the course of carrying out our duties. But watching out for discontent???? I dont think so.

new topics

top topics

join