It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Execs mostly donate to Hillary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I was quite surprised to find out that only one of the FOX or NewsCorp executives so far has given money to a republican for president. In fact, Hillary has gotten almost all of it. One guy did give to Hillary and Obama and even Al Frankin.

There are several places that you can check I believe, but I happened to go to opensecrets.org the exact url for my search was here but you may need to tinker yourself.

Regardless, this goes to show just how far the tentacles of the Hillary machine reach. Don't ASSUME - check the facts.

That website will let you check based on several different parameters - name, company, location by zip code, etc.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
More proof that America's Republican/Democrat two-party system is just a method of giving the populace the illusion of choice. So long as the population is occupied bickering over the little stuff, the powers that be can continue with whatever nefarious plans they are up to.

Divide and rule -- oldest trick in the book when it comes to conquering an enemy. Only now the enemy is the people.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Results:
There was an error processing your request, please try again.

It isn't working.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
It isn't working.

Bummer, I was hoping to give you a shortcut there, even tested it in a new tab - it must have recognized me anyway. Sorry about that.

Just click on the words above it that still say "Donor Lookup" and it will take you to the screen that I used to input News Corp in the box in front of "OCCUPATION / EMPLOYER of donor" and leave everything else up there blank.
You can then click on 2008 near the bottom and input that code that they give you and presto.
Search your own neighborhood by just inputting your own zip code at the top, or someone you know maybe.
This should take you to that same page now.

Edited to add the URL

[edit on 1-12-2007 by JustTheFacts]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is really no surprise to those of us who know the whole "two party system" deal is a sham.

Hell, if you listen to Rush, Hannity or one of the other "conservative republican" talk show hosts, for every "liberal democrat" bashing they hand out they also seem to slip plenty of "good words" in there for them too.

It's all a bunch of crap. Different candidates from different parties all playing for the same owner.

As the previous poster stated, the constant bickering between the two parties is nothing but cannon fodder to take people's mind off the bigger picture.

Jasn

EDIT TO ADD: Nice find BTW OP. Sorry haha, in my little rant of sorts, I forgot to add that.

[edit on 2-12-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Excellent points by Beachcoma and SimiusDei. Giving Americans the perceived freedom of choice in elections is the best way to handle dissidence. A choice between two hand-picked flunkies is no real choice at all.

"The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate. "

I would add only that this is no different than FOX news execs writing a check to themselves, as FOX was born on the back of the Clinton controversies of the nineties. More Clinton controversies... leads to more liberal bashing and lively debate... which leads to more ratings... which leads to more money for Fox executives..

top topics

join