It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic roads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
You know, the first roads were formed by the Romans, right? (Stones being organized together into patterns) So....if you think about how London or New York has evolved in these times.....the roads have been replaced for the better use of transportation, correct?

So, here's what I think. There will be new magnetic roads, that attaches the cars with magnetic force, something like that. You seen like these in movies, right?

From the first day of evolving roads, I think they've been placing a new layer onto an old layer of road. But again, replacing roads would be expensive, right? If so, how did these cities evolve then? To this day, there might be a making of magnetic roads being added onto the modern road we use, you know? I bet this case would happen first in North America.

Thanks for reading.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I've thought about something like that if it's what I think you're meaning.
It would be something if it could control the top speed of vehicles to that road's magnetic field. Then no one would be able to break the maximum speed limit.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
What about fire engines ,ambulances,ploice cars?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
when i was in the ambulances i was gratefull that the cars pulled over so i could make lifesaving time to the hospital

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
that limits our freedom in cars though
what if we wanna drive somewhere off road?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dazed
What about fire engines ,ambulances,ploice cars?

They still can be attached to magnet roads

Originally posted by PeaceUk
that limits our freedom in cars though
what if we wanna drive somewhere off road?

Good question.

If you wish to drive somewhere off road, you can feel free to use any car that includes tires in it, as long as you don't get yourself in magnet traffic. (Which obviously that would be the violation of law, plus you'd get yourself killed)

In reality, I believe I was talking more of like being in-city roads, you know - that it would take you less minutes to get to work from home non-stop. But if you wish to make a stop, you can turn to the safe lane of road.

Plus there probably would be less accidents, and you could turn on the automated driving and read a book while going home from work, something like that.

In addition, if you wish to get to another city instead of air transportation, there's always a possibility of going like 500 km/h on a highway magnet road non-stop.

Thing is, I also hope the economy of North America will be stronger for long time...

EDIT: Why was it moved to Skunk Works forum? Isn't a "Skunk Works" called a trash forum?

[edit on 2-12-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I wrote up designs for something like this years ago. The cars would actually hover above the road, even by a few millimetres like a monorail train, which would make for a silent, smooth, efficient journey. Pulsed electromagnets would propel the vehicle along, and they could also stop and turn it. Computers would calculate the most efficient way of getting from one place to another, and so everything would be fully automated. Crashes would rarely if ever occur, because the computers are controlling everything.

It would be rediclously expensive to implement a system like this, which is something that you can't get around.
I remember I also made plans on how the cars could travel on normal roads without the magnets, but I forget what they were.

join