It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greys - Aliens, If they do exist - Why the big hush hush?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Hi all,

Im just wondering, if aliens do exist, why the big hush hush?

Why are the aliens afraid to reveal themselves. Or is it the Governments that are afraid of something?? I dont really see the point in hiding them. Wouldnt it be good to have aliens here, as we could learn heaps from them - as they could from us.

Yea people would probaby be freaked out, but i just dont understand what the big deal is....

Anyway share your thoughts

Elm0

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
To simplifiy it into a nutshell, I think it boils down to a question of control. If you believe these aliens are or were our 'overlords', then it is to their advantage that we remain indoctrinated to the social fabric of serfdom and religion, tending to their lands and water; blind, oblivious to their hold over us, our social order / structure.

I also think that we are like a zoo to them, non-interventionist.. like observing tigers and monkeys on safari. They probably created us too, or had a hand in the genetic manipulation of our species - thus another reason to keep things covered up. Too many dirty family secrets buried in the closet of our history.

Furthermore, I don't think the human race is mature enough as yet to accept our place in the universe among other ET civilisations; this is why it has been noted that our nuclear facilities have been closely monitored, even to the point of shutdown (Robert Salas, Disclosure Project, 1967).

But hey, all of this is pure conjecture, could even be 100% bull.. but the possibilities are definitely valid.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by RiotComing]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Well that was interesting lol,

Thx for the post.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Hehe oh please.

I encourage everyone to just google some vid about the greys and find some videos that speak about them. It's really not dangerous.

Speculating gets one nowhere.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Cheers. I'm thinking about the National Geographic documentary I recently saw on the possibility of the Annunaki landing here and creating a hybrid race, causing a massive jump in our development from primitive caveman to homo erectus (there was no 'Lucy' - the missing link came from the Annunaki - evidence comes from the R-complex in our brains today). They also came and went as our 'gods' over the course of history (overseers of the construction of the pyramids for example) and they implemented religion as a means of covering their tracks.

That's a pretty big secret to cover up - they don't want to disturb the peace and tell us everything we know about ourselves and the world is a big fat lie after all - they probably realise the social chaos and upheaval it would cause. I'm just thinking from 'their' perspective.

From the perspective of 'humans in the know', the biggest threat would be the free energy technology that would unbind us from the dependence on fossil fuel. Huge economic implications there - suddenly the 'big winners' in the geopolitical world would lose all their power. It's in their best interests to keep this technology 'in the black'.

But we are talking specifically about why it would be advantageous for aliens for all this to remain a secret. Maybe it's in a galactic code of law somewhere not to disturb the natural order of things. Like, they have the means and the power to alter time and events, to manipulate time and space, and this has met with disastrous results and so they have learnt not to meddle with things. You never quite know, it's all pure speculation really. We start to look at the Looking Glass tech and the Cube etc. Interesting possibilities, anything's possible, but again, it's all speculation isn't it.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Elm024

There are SO many theories on this out there, that it's crazy. I can tell you some of them. One is that the world's religions would be affected adversely, by disclosure. After all God was the only thing more powerful than humans, now Et's would be too. Some one mentioned technology, the possibility of the oil cartels losing control and free energy becoming a reality. Also it might make wars obsolete because if the Et's aren't phased by our weapons, they could effectively veto any human war... Also some have speculated that the 'official government' is out of the loop on Et's and so would look foolish if disclosure ever takes place. And lastly if the government can't explain the greys or stop them, it looks as if it's not in control. The aliens look to be in the better position, and silence might be a better choice, than weakness.So, these are just a few, if you haven't seen a theory on this, you haven't looked far enough; there are plenty of thoughts out there on this question...

[edit on 1-12-2007 by Raoul Duke]

top topics

join