It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how much did your wedding cost?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
i'm curious.
i think ours was probably $100.

now, next weekend my bro in law is getting married. i just went to the country club where they are gonna get married at so that i could get familiar with the mixer....very easy by the way.

so, they have 44 people coming and as of right now, it is costing about 3 grand. they are having this huge spread of food and the only booze will be wine and champaign....

so i'm up there with them and the bride is just all over the place about the table settings....
they start to talk about strawberries....this is where i just get amused..

the bride ordered 44 chocolat covered strawberries....not a big deal right?
wrong.....they are charging $4.95 PER berry. it is MORE expensive if they serve it on china....

can weddings get any more rediculous?
5 bones for 1 berry....

everything is all fantastic looking with this monster of a chandalier hanging there.

i don't know man....seems pointless to me to spend all that scratch on a wedding.
plus, this is a 2nd marriage for both of them.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Yeah, I have to agree with you. Especially since it's a second wedding for both.

My wife's first wedding was 6-7K.

When we decided to get married the first thing we talked about was not spending a lot of money on a wedding.

We found a nice little chapel, invited immediate family from both sides and had a nice dinner with everyone afterwords for under $500.

That also included pictures.

It was a very nice ceremony and we'll remember it always.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

We found a nice little chapel, invited immediate family from both sides and had a nice dinner with everyone afterwords for under $500.

That also included pictures.

It was a very nice ceremony and we'll remember it always.

the best part of it is, the pastor that is marrying them, married my bro in law to his first wife....bwuahahahahah

we did the same thing only on a smaller scale...we had 6 people at the wedding and after it was over, my mom took us out to eat.
no cake, no reception, nothing.....
i don't like all these big 'to do's'...know what i mean

so the soon to be sis in law is sitting there with the planner and they're talking about what color napkins....they're gonna go with TWO cloth napkins in each glass so they can have crimson and beige...

just seems lame but hey, it's their cash.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I am having a what is considered small wedding (under 150 guests) and I am estimating about $5,000. However we are paying for the expenses out of insurance money that have.

We are trying to take as many cost-cutting measures as possible by doing as much stuff by ourselves as we can. We are providing our own food, buying some meat and cheese trays, buns, chips, maybe some cocktail weenies...you know stuff like that. I'm only going to get small bouquets for me and my bridesmaids, no reception flowers or anything like that. Me and the maids are going to make the decorations.

The major expwnsws for mw I think will be the hall, the dress, the cake, and the DJ.

Why can't she make her own chocolate covered strawberries? Melt some chocolate, dip strawberries in it, set it on some parchment paper to cool and tada!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hmmm, our wedding cost about $8,000 all up. Neither of our families were able to help out very much so it all came out of our pockets.

The biggest cost for us was the photographer and video guy, about $3500.

We had about 60 people at the wedding and reception, the wedding was just a registrar at a friends property overlooking the ocean and the reception at a local resort. The booze bill was about $1750.
We do enjoy a drink.
Wedding dresses and suits ($1500) and cars and a couple of Harleys for us guys to rock up on cost about ($500) and other peripheral stuff ($1500).

We wish we'd never spent that much now when we look back at it, but at the time, your in love, it's all very exciting etc. I think we'd both much preferred to have used the cash to take a few close friends overseas and gotten married on some little island in the middle of nowhere.
Ah well, maybe next time.

mojo

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
My first marriage was cheap, about $50. Can't go wrong with a courthouse wedding!

Now if I would have only ran away instead of getting married......... I wouldn't be going through a divorce.:bnghd:

Then again, I also wouldn't know the wonderful woman I know now either.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm really not worried about the photography. My fiance has a pretty nice digital camera, I would be happy if we just took that and asked a friend or family member to take the pics.

I know it's hard for a lot of private/frugal people to understand the reasoning behind a couples attempt at a somewhat extravagant wedding. But the way I see it, I'm only going to get married once, I want it to be special and I want to share it with everyone I know and I want there to be good food, good music, dancing and generally a whole lot of fun.

I also want to take this one opprotunity to be made up like a princess.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

Yeah we felt the same way, it's 12 years later with kids and a mortgage that we look at what we could have done with that cash now that it seems such a waste.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mojo4sale

Yeah I understand that part, which is why customarily your family is supposed to help out. However not all of us (myself included) has family who are able to help out.

However we are using extra money we have come across to pay for our wedding, and we are expecting more money from the ordeal to come in as well, so we figure why not. We have already used some of the money to put a generous down payment on a house and what not...so we are going for a slightly big wedding.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Ten years old in the UK, our wedding cost 7,000 GBP. In USD today, in the region of $15,000.

top topics

join