It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama tells Europeans not to follow the U.S. Considers invasion of Afghanistan wrong.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Osama tells Europeans not to follow the U.S. Considers invasion of Afghanistan wrong.

news.yahoo.com

CAIRO, Egypt - Al-Qaida chief Osama bin Laden called on the Europeans to stop helping the United States in the war in Afghanistan, according to excerpts of a new audiotape broadcast Thursday on Al-Jazeera television.

Bin Laden said he was the "only one responsible" for the Sept. 11 attacks on New York and Washington, saying it was unjust for the United States to have invaded Afghanistan.

"The events of Manhattan were retaliation against the American-Israeli alliance's aggression against our people in Palestine and Lebanon, and I am the only one responsible for it. The Afghan people and government knew nothing about it. America knows that," he said.

"Europe went along with it (the U.S.-led invasion of Afghanistan) because they had no other alternative, only to be a follower," he said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
We wouldn't have to invade Afghanistan if his allies(Taliban) hadn't refuse America's demand to give him up. The Taliban may have considered him a reliable partner in their war with the NA, but then the U.S. comes to help them, since Bin Laden provoked the U.S. No doubt the Europeans ain't going to listen to him anyways.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

I don't believe anything about Osama. I don't even think he's real, which is why he can't be caught. He's probably a hologram created just to scare everyone into submission.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by annestacey

He can't be real because he was never caught? That really is logical reasoning. I know many people in America that are wanted criminals whos never been caught in the U.S. for many decades. I guess they aren't real either.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
No I'm saying that is a possible reason why he hasn't been caught. I don't believe that a massive manhunt by our military cannot turn this guy up after this much time. And there are rumors that he's sick or he's dead. I've just come to the conclusion that he doesn't exist. And that's just my opinion and I could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It's slightly late to start lecturing people on how wrong a war in Afghanistan is. And Europe is involved there because most European nations are part of an organisation which they freely joined and agreed to defend one another alongside the US and Canada (I'm referring to NATO). And anyway, most European nations have put so many caveats on the deployment of their forces in Afghanistan that they don't do a great deal in terms of fighting the Taliban directly (the major exceptions being the United Kingdom and Holland, both of whom have significant numbers of troops in the volatile southern regions fighting alongside US and Canadian forces).

This statement is interesting, however. Does it suggest that Taliban efforts aren't going as well as they had hoped?

[edit on 29/11/07 by Ste2652]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

And how long you think it took the U.S. military to find Saddam in Iraq with over 150,000 troops in a populated area?

The terrain in Afghanistan and Iraq are different. Perhaps you like to see what the geographic features are in Afghanistan and Pakistan combine.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ste2652

This statement is interesting, however. Does it suggest that Taliban efforts aren't going as well as they had hoped?

Based on the last 6, going to 7 years, nope. The Taliban has yet to succeed in retaking much of Afghanistan as they had before. Most of them are operating in Pakistan trying to get new recruits.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I agree with the op.Buy providing a safe haven for bin-laden AND THEN refusing to arrest him,afganistan only brought hell upon themselves.Did they think we wouldnt strike back after 3000 murders?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
There is no wrong in purging the Taliban from Afghanistan. Without any form of objection to the Taliban rule in Afghanistan, the Afghanis would have no means of help against Taliban's oppression. Instead of children growing up with educations, as it is today in Afghanistan, they would have grown up to be another member of a group that uses their own twisted version of Islam.

They claim to be Muslims, and yet they knowingly kill other Muslims, produce poppy seeds for heroin use, and knowingly kidnap children from poor villages.

sty

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I understood that Clinton got the chance to arrest Osama , and he refused to do so.Because Osama is their man .It makes sense to me. I guess Osama was just like a guided bomb - he did the damage, but he was guided (with his knowledge or not ) to do so..

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I am a vocal opponent of the Iraq war, however Afghanistan is a different story.
The invasion was inevitable after 911.

If Osama doesn't like it, he shouldn't stage his attacks from there.

Really, what do you expect from a mass murdering fanatic though, logic?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hmmm.

For such a camera whore, why the audio tape?

I know one thing, this guy certainly needs to make up his mind.

Is he Tim Osman? Osama Bin Laden? Usama Bin Laden?

First he takes responsiblity for the 9/11 attacks, then he denies it then takes responsiblity again and denies it again and so on and so forth.

Sheesh. Even the FBI is confused.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

I know many people in America that are wanted criminals whos never been caught in the U.S. for many decades. I guess they aren't real either.

You got some great friends there

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This is an interesting development indeed. Given that most of the fighting is in the south of the country it is possible that the work being done by NATO and other countries provincial reconstruction teams is helping turn the local population against the enemy. One thing that could be working in the enemy favour is the limited mandate that troops from the likes of Germany and New Zealand have may prevent them from taking action against the likes of enemy infiltration and recruitment.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Didn't Osama originally oppose the US because they had soldiers based in Saudi Arabia which he and other Muslims found extremely offensive. That's why he selected Saudi Arabians for the 9/11 attacks. I'm pretty sure he never mentioned anything to do with Palestine and the Jews. I guess he sees and opportunity to broaden his support base.

The Europeans don't do anything in Afghanistan anyway, they're all based in the relatively quiet north. It's the Americans, British and Australians (the Dutch are about to leave) that are doing all the hard work in the south. Osama is just targeting the Europeans at a time when they're considering leaving and when we're asking them to take a more active role. I think if the Europenas all left it would open the way for a Taliban/Al Qaeda resurgence. But, if the Europeans were to take a more active role, we could significantly destroy their influence. This would explain the motivation behind Bin Laden's timing.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Cthulwho]

new topics

top topics

join