It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we the greys?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I've been torn between two possible explanation for greys for a while now. I would like to believe that they are an ET race, but dig on this...

What if they're super evolved humans from the future? I mean look at that classic grey image, it looks like what we would look like if natural selection began to favor intelligence over physical prowess. Big head for a big brain, small body, big eyes, and that androgynous appearance (just imagine how much different the world would be if no one was distracted by sex and only reproduced when they wanted to). It would also explain why they seem to be so interested in us.

Maybe thats why "they" work so hard to suppress the truth; it would change the future too drastically if everybody knew. Who knows?....

Comments anyone? And lets stay on topic here, for now we'll say that hypothetically Darwinism is the right theory and that time travel with minimal complication is possible.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I think they are 'us' in that they are created by as as a manifestation of our hopes and fears. I don't think they're physically real, and certainly not an ET speicies.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The way the world is i wouldn't put that thought aside, but my feeling is that even if they were "us" from the future, theres not much we can do about it anyway...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
May i ask have you ever done any digging on a man called Dan Burisch or Dan Crane ? Not shure what name he goes by.

If not i suggest you do.

www.danburisch.info...

eaglesdisobey.net...

video.google.com...

Now he seem's to think along the same lines as yourself. However what he is saying might be a load of old sausage.

I will let you take a look for yourself and make up your own mind have fun and trust me the rabbit hole is deep with this one.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I give you my opinion on it.

The greys are not us, they are engineered like us, just for a different purpose, which they need a better for example.

They're here to overlook us and do the intelligence work from above.

They are a kind of alien "CIA" serving the reptilian agenda that run this whole thing.

No it is simply NOT TRUE that greys are a higher evolutionary stage of humanity, don't believe that i tell you this honestly.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by Paul the seeker]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Your theory would explain why most abductees seem to be lacking in the intelligence region

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I have often thought and wondered the exact same thing you mentioned. Maybe the greys have evolved and moved on (out of earth), but keep checking on our "progress"?? Don't know...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I don't think the greys are from the future BECAUSE there's so much supression on information about them.

Let's pretend for a second that they are from the future. If that's so then they would not need to hide in the shadows for fear of changing their future. Why?

Think about this: You go back to the past... You meet your grandfather when he was 10 years old. You kill your grandfather. Your grandfather never gets married and never gets a son. You father never 'gets born'. You never exist. So who kills your grandfather?
You see the problem?

If time travel IS possible then by logic we cannot change our present by altering the past. Period.

So there would be no need for the greys to hide. If they came from the future...

IMHO they are bio-robots of some sort.

Peace

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sator
Think about this: You go back to the past... You meet your grandfather when he was 10 years old. You kill your grandfather. Your grandfather never gets married and never gets a son. You father never 'gets born'. You never exist. So who kills your grandfather?

Actually, that's not exactly right. You see, the problem is that we don't yet have a complete theory of Quantum Gravity. However, what we in Theoretical physics currently think is that the "Many Words" interpretation of quatum mehcanics comes into play, i.e you can go back in time, but when you change things, you're now part of a different future, since you have just changed it.

If time travel IS possible then by logic we cannot change our present by altering the past. Period.

Logic can decieve us if it's not applied correctly! Logically, by Newtonian gravity theory, Mercury's orbit should be a nice circle, but it's not- it preceses in away that only general relativity can explain. We have no complete theory of gravity to give us a consistent set of temporal laws. When it comes to timetravel, it has to be said that it is a grey area (no pun intended) and we just don't know!

I do agree though, I think it highly unlikely that grey's are time travelers or that they are real in any real/physical sense.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by timelike]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Thanks for the input timelike.

I must agree with you that we don't yet have a complete theory of Quantum Gravity. I am aware of the Many Worlds/split time line/multiverse theories also.

But I must disagree with your sentence below.

Originally posted by timelike
... i.e you can go back in time, but when you change things, you're now part of a different future, since you have just changed it.

How will you 'be part of a different future'?
Let's get back to my example then. According to your statement if you go back in time and kill your grand-father before he even gets a son then you come back to 2007 (pretending this is the year that you 'left' and went to the past) then in 2007 the whole world would not even know your father?

Would he exist in our time? Would he vanish? Would he still be here?
Please elaborate.

I believe time is not a line.. but looks somewhat like 'tree branches'... IF (and this is a big if) time travel is possible then we cannot change present by altering the past. We'll simply create another 'branch' in time tree. Because of the paradox.

Peace

PS. sorry for any english errors... I'm still getting use to the language.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Have you not seen Back to the Future? He comes from Timeline A where his family is miserable and looked down upon and he goes back in time, changes some things creating Timeline B. He is then a part of a new, different Timeline B but he still have memories of Timeline A. The grandfather thing is also covered, he stops his parents from hooking up and starts to disappear because he would not exist in the new timeline.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hi Sator.

You ask some very good questions indeed. Let's tackle the first one:

How will you 'be part of a different future'?
Let's get back to my example then. According to your statement if you go back in time and kill your grand-father before he even gets a son then you come back to 2007 (pretending this is the year that you 'left' and went to the past) then in 2007 the whole world would not even know your father?

The idea is that as soon as you emerge into the past, it's not actually your past, but one very similar. So, imagine that your timeline is just like the light spectrum, i.e blue one end, red the other with all the colours in between, but you can't tell where the colours begin/end. Well parallel universes may be like that, ranging from the very similar to very different, but you can't actually tell where the change is. Anyhow, it is into one of the Universes into which you travel. I admit it's perhaps not the best hypothesis, but it's the only one we really have at the time of writing!

I believe time is not a line.. but looks somewhat like 'tree branches'... IF (and this is a big if) time travel is possible then we cannot change present by altering the past. We'll simply create another 'branch' in time tree. Because of the paradox.

We also have to take account the second law of thermodynamics (i.e Entropy increases) so, presumably if you can travel into the past, you cannot create order etc. I must admit, the consensus on time travel really does depend on which theory you go for. Quantum field theory is unsure, General Relativity does admit the existance of timelike closed loops, so time travel is possible there, and string theory thinks it may be prohibited
but they're unsure! So I guess, the jury is still out and it's fair to say that there are several solutions to the Granfather Paradox depending upon which theory you work with (I work with General Relativity & QFT).

PS. sorry for any english errors... I'm still getting use to the language.

Not a problem, where are you from? I'm from England.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by timelike

Thanks for your thoughts...

So I guess we both agree that we actually don't know what happens if one can time-travel... I guess only time will tell (what an irony!! hahahaha).

I'm from Brazil!

Peace

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Didn't John Titor term this idea? He was the supposed time-traveller who was spilling information onto the internet to warn us.

He said that Greys are humans from the future who have become torn apart by nuclear war and advanced to favor intelligence, as you mentioned. He claims that they are here to warn us and watch us in case we head towards the nuclear disaster that changed them...

HOWEVER: I have heard so often that the Greys are a pet-species designed by another E.T., that they feed on Humans and Human emotion, that they are NOT peaceful etc. etc. I am more inclined to believe that any species which is abducting people, ruining their lives, and not benefitting us in the least, is not a good race, and not humans from the future.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darthweezer
Your theory would explain why most abductees seem to be lacking in the intelligence region

The greatest E.T. story I ever read was Communion by Whitley Streiber, a man involved in the Roswell crash and abducted multiple times. The extent of detailed information this man had on Greys and their involvement with Roswell was mind boggling, and as a former Government operative, I am inclined to believe that he was telling the truth.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Wasn't Streiber proven to be a fraud and properly labeling his work "fiction" now?

As far as time traveling Grays goes, it's like this...They are indeed "us" from the distant future, but not really "human" either. They are at the end of an evolutional curve and can no longer reproduce. They are here to procure genetic material in hopes of prolonging the existence of the lifethread. They are not particularly mindful of our feelings or concerns because even though we are their ancestors, we are still animals. Do you think we would be so nice if we needed to experiment on homo habilis? (Hint: look at how we treat gorillas today, not to mention our own even.) They don't bother really talking to us or explaining themselves, because it's about the same as you explaining to a lab rat the details of the experiment.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

As far as time traveling Grays goes, it's like this...They are indeed "us" from the distant future, but not really "human" either. They are at the end of an evolutional curve and can no longer reproduce.

That's the theory I am familiar with.

Maybe they had cloned themselves to a point that they lost the appropriate genetics for natural reproduction.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Isn't that the plot of Destroy All Humans? The main character's species can't reproduce so they clone themselves using human DNA.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darthweezer
Isn't that the plot of Destroy All Humans? The main character's species can't reproduce so they clone themselves using human DNA.

As I said, the idea has been popularized by books and movies for a reason. As soon as our genetics are 'needed' to save an E.T. species, humanity will be more than willing to help. The consequences will be unforeseen.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by timelike
i.e you can go back in time, but when you change things, you're now part of a different future, since you have just changed it.

I disagree. You are close tho.

you cant go back in time. If you did you would change something then be in a different future so as soon as you hit the air when you inter the past you change it so therefor instantly changed into the 'new' future.

Therefor when you go back in the past you are going instantly into an alternate dimension "a different future"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join