It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US plans to "Fight the Net" revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

US plans to "Fight the Net" revealed

news.bbc.co.uk

When it describes plans for electronic warfare, or EW, the document takes on an extraordinary tone. It seems to see the internet as being equivalent to an enemy weapons system
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
An interesting read on the governments plans on using and fighting the internet. The psyops messages being broadcast are particularly interesting.

Another note from the article

"In this day and age it is impossible to prevent stories that are fed abroad as part of psychological operations propaganda from blowing back into the United States - even though they were directed abroad," says Kristin Adair of the National Security Archive."

It really seems like if / when this plan gets put in motion, sites like ATS will have some serious confusion. It will be even harder to tell what is true and what is propaganda. Since this was written in 2003, we could be in the midst of it now.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I'd say it's always a possibility that the things discussed on this and other sites may or may not be true. That's why when it's on the Internet, you need to take most things with several grains of salt. It's also why it's vital for important topics to be corroborated through multiple, unrelated sources.

Good post, though. I've heard a little bit on this stuff over the past few days, but I think the article to which you've linked is one of the best so far.

apc

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Because somebody's gotta say it...

Perhaps this gives credence to the frequently suggested notion that ATS is a psyop. This place started off focusing on shadow government stuff after all. And it's pretty obvious that real or not, alien UFOs are a CIA/DoD/NSA's disinformation wet dream.

Then again, if this were a psyop, my very suggestion would probably set off a buzzer in a room somewhere.

*BZZZZZZ* "What? Another one? We'd better call it in."

top topics

join