It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

problems xbox 360

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a buddy of mine keeps getting a message at start upthat says put disc in a xbox 360 when all the while the disc is in a 360 he sent the console to microsoft and they gave him a new console and a month latter it happening agian any insight

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
phone MS
tell them the problem

also try with diffrent games first
if none work then its the console

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by twestjr79
microsoft and they gave him a new console and a month latter it happening agian any insight

If it has the same EXACT problem. I doubt it was a new console. It was probably the same one. Does he by any change keep his 360 vertical or horizontal. That might explain the problem.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Yes, everyone is having problems with them. Well, according to Microsoft themselves, 1 out of every 3(33%) are busted POS. That's right, 1 out of every 3 are broken, and MS admitted to this!

Wii's are at 11% while PS3 is at .01%.

So, 399 for a PS3, 250 2-3 times for a Wii, or 500 4-5 times for a 360. Which costs more again?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by HHH Is King

Are you going to post that exact text in every XBox thread?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HHH Is King
Yes, everyone is having problems with them. Well, according to Microsoft themselves, 1 out of every 3(33%) are busted POS. That's right, 1 out of every 3 are broken, and MS admitted to this!

Wii's are at 11% while PS3 is at .01%.

So, 399 for a PS3, 250 2-3 times for a Wii, or 500 4-5 times for a 360. Which costs more again?

I'm glad my 360 hasn't broken yet. The 360 is in the same spot right now the PS2s was in a few years ago. Remember how 90% of the first batch of PS2 used to give you Disc Read Errors all the time and would only play certain discs. Some of them also overheated and died just like the 360, but PS2 also had the best games just like the 360 right now. (2 PS2 died on me)

The PS3 is in the same spot the original Xbox was, it came out a year later and had less games than the rest of the consoles. The only difference is that back then the Xbox had good online multiplayer, something the PS3 still doesn't have.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HHH Is King

I love PS3 fanboys.

Come back to this thread when the PS3 has a bigger and better games library, better online (being free doesn't counter the fact that Xbox Live is simply amazing).

Come back to this thread when Sony makes a games console, not a Blu-Ray disc player (that's what they've marketed it as)

Come back to this thread when their hardware doesn't suck and is easier to develop games for. Want proof of that? Look at Grand Theft Auto IV. That should have been have been out now if it wasn't for the crap Sony released.

Bye.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
I love PS3 fanboys.

Come back to this thread when the PS3 has a bigger and better games library, better online (being free doesn't counter the fact that Xbox Live is simply amazing).

Come back to this thread when Sony makes a games console, not a Blu-Ray disc player (that's what they've marketed it as)

Come back to this thread when their hardware doesn't suck and is easier to develop games for. Want proof of that? Look at Grand Theft Auto IV. That should have been have been out now if it wasn't for the crap Sony released.

Bye.

Hey there Microsoft Fan Boy. So, PS3 sucks because it has more games(over10,000 total, unlike 360 which has barely a hundred since its backgrade barely works on only a few games)

Also, it is a game console, with Resistance, Heavenly Sword, FFXIII, and others.

Also, the online is great, never had a problem with it. Not sure what more you want them something that works better then Xbox Live but is free. You want them to give you money to use it? That's about the only way to make it better.

And of course can't forget, my PS3 will last for years, a 360 will last for about a month before it dies, and this is straight from Microsoft!

So, you have any valid points against the PS3? More games, more power, more movies, more options, better and FREE internet, and costs less then a 360.

Also, I own an original xbox, so not a Sony fan boy. You obviously are too blind by the three red circles of death on your 360 to know this.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I had bigtime problems with my Xbox 360.
Within days of playing, i started getting error messages, my games starting freezing, and the Xbox couldn't recongnize the 120gb Hard Drive.

I also starting getting the "Ring Of Fire". I rang Microsoft, told them the story, so they ran me through all these "tests", to see if they could fix it over the phone, which i thought was the biggest load of S....

So they couldnt fix it, so they paid for it to be sent back to them.
So i waited, waited, waited - 6 weeks later i got a new one.

So far i havent had any probelms with the new one, but i think its a matter of time...Like the other ATS Members said - Microsoft admitted that 1 in 3 were broken, so i think its a matter of luck. So Good Luck lol.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I love PS3 fanboys.

Bye.

Hey there Microsoft Fan Boy. So, PS3 sucks because it has more games(over10,000 total, unlike 360 which has barely a hundred since its backgrade barely works on only a few games)

Also, it is a game console, with Resistance, Heavenly Sword, FFXIII, and others.

Also, the online is great, never had a problem with it. Not sure what more you want them something that works better then Xbox Live but is free. You want them to give you money to use it? That's about the only way to make it better.

And of course can't forget, my PS3 will last for years, a 360 will last for about a month before it dies, and this is straight from Microsoft!

So, you have any valid points against the PS3? More games, more power, more movies, more options, better and FREE internet, and costs less then a 360.

Also, I own an original xbox, so not a Sony fan boy. You obviously are too blind by the three red circles of death on your 360 to know this.

Well, if you're going to count backward compatability then yes, PS3 wins in that department but the current generation of games, XBOX wins hands down.

Hmm... I'm sorry but PS3 Online is God damn awful. No "friend chat". WTF?! Yeah, that really is superior to XBOX Live.

Sorry to piss on your fire but over here, the XBOX is and always has been cheaper than the PS3.

"360 will last about a month!" Err... yes, that is why I've had mine for over a year and is still working and is and always will be better than the PS3.

I own a PS2, woop-dee-doo, I'm not gonna brown nose Sony. Since I bought my first xbox, I knew that Microsoft were the better company and always would be. Sony couldn't give a crap about their market.

them something that works better then Xbox Live

Works better than Xbox Live? How does it work better than XBL? It belongs in the bin. No offence but if Sony have taught their market to spell... Well done to them. Their tuition skills are obviously as good as their console making skills.

I must admit, "You obviously are too blind by the three red circles of death on your 360 to know this.", was a good come-back! (No sarcasm involved)

ETA:

If PS3 is the better console, then why did not one of it's games recieve ONE nomination for "best game of 2007"? Whereas, 360 pretty much dominated that award.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by xeroxed88]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
360's dont seem like a good deal. my boyfriends had to be sent in for the original topic problem, and his friends keeps completely scratching his discs.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I love PS3 fanboys.

Bye.

Well, if you're going to count backward compatability then yes, PS3 wins in that department but the current generation of games, XBOX wins hands down.

Hmm... I'm sorry but PS3 Online is God damn awful. No "friend chat". WTF?! Yeah, that really is superior to XBOX Live.

Sorry to piss on your fire but over here, the XBOX is and always has been cheaper than the PS3.

"360 will last about a month!" Err... yes, that is why I've had mine for over a year and is still working and is and always will be better than the PS3.

I own a PS2, woop-dee-doo, I'm not gonna brown nose Sony. Since I bought my first xbox, I knew that Microsoft were the better company and always would be. Sony couldn't give a crap about their market.

them something that works better then Xbox Live

Works better than Xbox Live? How does it work better than XBL? It belongs in the bin. No offence but if Sony have taught their market to spell... Well done to them. Their tuition skills are obviously as good as their console making skills.

I must admit, "You obviously are too blind by the three red circles of death on your 360 to know this.", was a good come-back! (No sarcasm involved)

ETA:

If PS3 is the better console, then why did not one of it's games recieve ONE nomination for "best game of 2007"? Whereas, 360 pretty much dominated that award.

Er, you're just lied, blatantly, the Xbox360 costs 500, PS3 for 400. Nice try MS Fan Boy. Again, lie lie lie lie! You LIE! Blatant LIE! Nice try, liar

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Triple h calm down we get you dont like the xbox360 but do you have to harp on about it?Its so childish this console vs console battle that happens every gen.It ruins any kind of flow in any forum when obsessed fanboys degenerate the topic.WHO CARES.You wont see me online telling anyone who will listen that Coca-Cola pwns pepsi coz i could really give a toss if people like pepsi better.Grow up dude

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Okay I was an ex sony fanboy, now I'm neural. I bought my 360 a little over a year ago, right before gears of war came out, and so far no problems. Sure there were some tech messups, but still you cant replace the great games and online capability. PS3 is definitly coming into its own. Its got unreal tournament 3 coming out and it has lair. Resistence wasnt bad. Other than that the PS3 has awesome graphics but my graphics are just as good on the 360. Maybe its also a bad sign for PS3 that some of it's exclusive titles are going to 360 (ace combat 6, devil may cry, final fantasy, mercenaries, and more.) Plus I think the 360 has way better exclusives thus far (ace combat 6, bioshock, gears of war, halo, and mass effect.)

ps, where the hell did you get a 360 for 500, you can get a pro console with the 20 gig hd an hdmi port.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenEmpires
The only difference is that back then the Xbox had good online multiplayer, something the PS3 still doesn't have.

*cough*

The Orange Box, Call of Duty 4, Warhawk, Unreal Tournament 3

*cough, cough*

PS3 does have some good online.

ps) 1080 HD games are another thing. 360 "supports" a bunch but only has 2 - 3 true 1080 games. PS3 has a bunch of them. True story.

pps) I wish I had a 360 though too.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I won't replace my modded xbox until the 360 costs less then a PS3 and actually works. But right now it costs too much and breaks waaaay too much.

Let me ask you 360 fans, would you buy a house is you knew it was going to burst into flames and there was another bigger better house that cost less and didn't burst into flames? Would you buy a car if it cost more then another car that had more options and all four tires would explode at the same time after 3 months of driving?

I know I won't. Although Mass Effect... I'll keep with Heavenly Sword and wait for FFXIII. Although Warhawk is amazing, I'm so glad I got all this free time now.(On partial retirement, Good times, good pay, and boy am I glad I stuck with technologies, brothers never seen HDTV until they watched Detroit play on my TV)

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Youre still on about the 360 costing more than the ps3. Youre wrong. Also yeah, you addressed mass effect being worse than FFXIII, which is true, but still an amazing game. HOWEVER you have yet to mention how a lot of sonys beloved exclusive titles have BAM, scurried over to multiplatformer going to 360. I mean, have fun playing ace combat 6 on your ps3, oh wait nvm.

Now I know youre going to say, wow youre just a sony hater, but my friend you couldn't be more wrong. In fact theres a couple threads floating around where I was arguing about how great ps3 would be. I was disappointed. I just wish you would stop with the 360's break in 3 months and burst into flames. In fact im sure you think the xbox 360 is the proprietor of the antichrist, fully endorsed by both the illuminati and G.W., and is what actually brought down the WTC. It's not that bad. My friends and I have all had them since a bit before gears of war came out, and guess what, they all still work. suprise suprise.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
Youre still on about the 360 costing more than the ps3. Youre wrong.

No, I'm not. A PS3 costs 400, and xbox360 costs 500. I don't know what world you live in that 400 is more then 500 but on Earth 500 is more then 400.

And that's not mentioning the extra 120 to be able to get HD DVD and HD graphics...

So, 400 or 620, 620 again when it breaks, then 620 again when it breaks again, and...

Anyways, have fun playing Heavenly Sword, Lair, Resistance, FFXIII, or watching movies like the Pirate Seires, Simpsons, Spiderman Series, AVP, The Prestige, and dozens others in HD, wait, none of those are on 360...

www.ez2shopstore.com... Price: $479.99

technabob.com...
The Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite has been confirmed by Microsoft's resident Xbox guru, ... 500 bucks. it doesnt matter where you got your original xbox from, ...

So, EVEN MICROSOFT SAYS $500$! Unless they are lieing about their own product... Not.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by HHH Is King]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The only thing the elite gets you is a cool black color and a 120gb hard drive. Other than that you can go to best buy, get a pro console with the hdmi port and still pay 350, which is less than a playstation 3. Thank you so much for throwing those titles in my face. I'm sorry i cant wave a sword at giant crabs in genji, or fly around on a dragon. I've already said that the ps3 has good games. I'm not completely knocking it, but I'm saying I think the 360's better for now. Granted the ps3 has a crapload of good games coming out, but 360 does too.

You on the other hand have done nothing but post statistics from websites, and not give the 360 any chance whatsoever. Also the good ps3 was 500 dollars when it came out.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Gave it a chance? You mean I won't spend 500+ on a system the company guarantees will break. You mean I won't upgrade from my xbox to a 360 just so I can play Flashier Halo2, until it breaks. You mean I won't buy a system who's backwards compatability works with so few of its games I'd be flushing a good 300 dollars down the toilet on games I already have and enjoy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join