It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a response to such posts as "when are americans going to wake up"...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Is it just me or are there many ATSers stating things such as "When are Americans going to wake up?" Such posts, it seems to me, are attacks on Americans and seem to put the blame of America being evil (or whatever they think) solely on the American people. These posters might think that America would not be on her current derailed course if it weren't for her people. Such ATSers cite things as reality shows, current morals, and other supposed proofs that somehow show that Americans are not conscious to what is going on in the world. Let me respond to such ATSers by stating that we are not solely to blame! Do you really think that we, people in the strongest country (not to brag), actually have power
? No, it is not our faults that America is going where she is (where that is, I no not). Please, don't blame the people by stating that we need to wake up.

It's important to note that I am not even patriotic (so just imagine if a patriot would make a thread like this).

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The people of america are unfortunatly being held hostage by the bush mob."AND THIS TOO SHALL PASS"

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The blame isn't on the American people for being evil, it's on the American people for being so self-obsessed in their material culture that they don't realize they're tying a noose around their necks.

It's the "I don't care what happens later, gimme all I can get RIGHT NOW!" mentality.

We don't study history anymore, we don't read, we don't see more than two inches in front of our face.

This is incredibly dangerous because the people who DO study history, read, and look far into the future are making plans to turn this world into a slave plantation, where 99.999% of us are OWNED and treated like cattle.

The longer people keep their heads in the sand about this the harder it will be to overcome.

I don't believe the NWO folks are going to have their ultimate victory, but it sure would be nice if everyone today had their eyes opened to how they are being manipulated so we could all just tell them "get bent" and work on creating the world as it is supposed to be.

I want freedom, opportunity, safety, and happiness for ALL mankind.

So long as we keep listening to the drum beat of war profiteers, and maintain our ignorance of how the banking and money system robs from us every day, we sink deeper into the abyss of lost control.

We must understand how we are being distracted by the entertainment industry, misled by advertising, controlled by law, and enslaved by finance.

We are all living in a matrix, and it's time to unplug, rub our eyes, and see the world for how it really is. With this knowledge comes the ability to formulate a plan against it.

Otherwise we march like sheep to the slaughter.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by dionysius9]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dionysius9

The blame isn't on the American people for being evil, it's on the American people for being so self-obsessed in their material culture that they don't realize they're tying a noose around their necks.

They aren't the ones tying the noose, it is those that blame that are - they even provide the rope.

It's the "I don't care what happens later, gimme all I can get RIGHT NOW!" mentality.

That's some sharp business sense you've got there - let me explain;

While individual materialism can affect this sort of attitude, it doesn't really affect anything even when in context of a large scale.

It is the business context that you need to look at, America has some of the richest people in the world who got to where they are by consolidating power.

I.e: Taking power from other people.

This is incredibly dangerous because the people who DO study history, read, and look far into the future are making plans to turn this world into a slave plantation, where 99.999% of us are OWNED and treated like cattle.

Yes, you're right, it is incredibly dangerous - best not to make rash decisions eh?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
Do you really think that we, people in the strongest country (not to brag), actually have power
? No, it is not our faults that America is going where she is (where that is, I no not). Please, don't blame the people by stating that we need to wake up.

If it is not the American people - the power base of this country - who are we to blame then, whom do you suggest it is ?

Nothing happens in American politics without the publics (passive) consent.

If Americans really wanted free health care or no war a work stoppage or mass (tens of millions of people, not just thousands) would do the trick.

The American people (including me) are WHOLELY to blame for the shape of America.

The elite corrupt power whores can try to take this country but only WE THE PEOPLE can let them do it.

If the founding fathers were here right now whom do you think they'd agree with, you or I ?

I doubt they'd rush to pat us all on the backs while saying, "oh don't fret, it's not your fault".

It is very much our faults.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by discomfit
If it is not the American people - the power base of this country - who are we to blame then, whom do you suggest it is ?

I wish I had an answer. Actually, I have one: the often called "global elites."

Nothing happens in American politics without the publics (passive) consent.

What about recent presidential elections
. Do you really think that if every single person in American voted for someone other than him that that other person would win? Would these "elites" allow this? I don't want to sound too conspiratorial (I probably do), but I am trying to make a point: common citizens don't have power.

top topics

join