It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Me Experience The Paranormal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

As was said, you have to open your mind to the fact that some things may be improbable, but not impossible. If your have a closed mind, anything that happens out of the ordinary will be dismissed as coincedence, when in fact, it may not be. You have to think about what the odds of the event may be, to it happening, at that time, in that place. Sometimes, little things, that may be strange, but hard to explain. For example. years ago, I remember dropping a nickel on the floor, and went after it. I "yelled" at it, in my mind, to "STOP" and it bounced once, and landed on its edge, at the same instance, and stayed there. Weird, sure, especially after I picked it up and tried to stand it on its edge again, and could not. Look around you, and see, instead of just looking. All is not always what it appears to be.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
OK. I think my luck may have changed (although whether you can call what happened 'lucky' is debatable).

Last night, shortly after I fell asleep in bed, I woke up with a start. When I opened my eyes, I swear I saw a black shadow above my bed, somewhere towards the ceiling. Or at least, it was somewhere above me - just for a split second. I then realised that my bed was shaking - quite gently, but with a definite rythm. The bed shook for possibly 30 seconds until I turned my bedside light on.

I even checked for possible earthquake aftershocks today and, as far as I can so far tell, nothing. As a person who is cursed with an intensely rational mind, it takes a lot for me to acknowledge anything supernatural in what happened to me. It's in my nature to rationalize strange things - hence searching for news of earthquakes.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I've had several odd occurrences happen. When I was 14, I heard and felt 3 knocks under my bed, after just fully waking up from a nightmare. 'Just a dream' I thought, then the knocks happened. I've heard it signifies death; 10 months later, my father took his own life (no one should read too much into that, I've dealt with it - lots of circumstances involved).

I'm not superstitious and I'm not religious, but I would not urge anyone to try and actively encourage what you are seeking.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

Thanks for sharing.

I appreciate your concern, but according to my belief, the spirit world is there whether we notice it or not. It influences our lives whether we acknowledge it or not. So to me, it poses no threat to merely learn to notice it. It's not like we're 'activating' it by acknowledging it. It isn't dormant, waiting to spring into life when somebody seeks it.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Sounds to me like sleep paralasys. Were you able to move around at all? I've had few similar experiences with SP.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Yes. From what I can remember, I was able to move. In fact, the moment I saw this shadow above me, I sat up pretty quickly out of shock. The bed shaking happened after the shadow disappeared and I actually now think it continued momentarily even after I turned the light on.

Thanks for your input though. The whole sleep paralysis thing is pretty fascinating. Perhaps what I experienced was something similar.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
here is an experiment for you to try. it always works for me but i have no idea why.

next time you come across something you wish to know, say for an example, you read something where the initials CIA came up and you didn't know what CIA stood for. with your mind only, send the question out into 'the universe' that it is something you wish to learn about and within days, you will see on tv or read somewhere or overhear a conversation where you find out what CIA stands for.

once or twice is coincidence but when it always happens......that's something different

Jump over to the Law of Attraction thread. There is some pretty deep stuff out there in plain sight that should give plenty of clues as to which direction you should be looking.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
reply to post by mattguy404

Thanks for sharing.

I appreciate your concern, but according to my belief, the spirit world is there whether we notice it or not. It influences our lives whether we acknowledge it or not. So to me, it poses no threat to merely learn to notice it. It's not like we're 'activating' it by acknowledging it. It isn't dormant, waiting to spring into life when somebody seeks it.

I think you just said that answer that you're looking for. You don't need anything else to embrace the spirit world, you don't need to aknowledge it to influence you, so in my opinion you should just let something strange happen, as opposed to willing it to. If you poke around looking for things, you will find things that would not have been found.

It's usually best not to poke around unless you're confident, and sure of yourself, which you definately seem to be. I just find the whole shade looking over your bed a little worrying, something watching you while you sleep at night, then fleeing, causing a rumble is NOT a good sign.

Luck.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinnj

Thanks for your post!

I absolutely agree with you that it's not necessary to 'experience' the spirit world. I think I said as much a few times earlier in this thread. I already KNOW that the supernatural exists and I don't NEED to experience it, I just have an want, an urge if you will. Just like a historian knows that stone henge exists, but wishes to experience them despite the fact that seeing them in the flesh won't really add anything to his/her belief in them.

As for the shadow above me last night... well the natural reaction is to equate a shaking bed with something unsavoury - not to be messed with. However, I've learnt a lot about making wrong assumptions. For example, on one of my meditative journeys, I encountered an entity and immediately assumed he must be bad because of what he did in that journey. But a friend helped me to see that actually, he was completely benevolent and I had misjudged him. I learnt a lot from this. I will hold judgement on the shadow who shook my bed. I feel it's wrong to immediately assume that it is bad. It may have simply been trying to get my attention the only way it knew how to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join