It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bribe your way to knowledge

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
So the question is

Why have no alternatives used money as a way to break into the mythical conspiracy?

I'd suggest it because they are out to make money not spend it.

I'm not terribly happy with this conjecture on your part. The guys who make the REAL money, are the ones who you are defending. The people who come up with alternative theories, typically don't make money off their theories, and if they do, it's only because their uncle owns the publishing house or they belong to the same fraternal organization. Instead, some skeptic, writes it up as fiction and sells it to hollyweird as if it was all from their imagination.
Don't get me started.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

The people who come up with alternative theories, typically don't make money off their theories, and if they do, it's only because their uncle owns the publishing house or they belong to the same fraternal organization.

I dont usually get involved in these discussions but i can think of a few off the top of my head who have made a killing from their alternative theory's. Von Daniken, Hancock, Sitchen, Wyatt, Gray.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Yes, and there is nothing wrong at all with being rewarded money. In fact, I think academia is seriously pissed off that the public is not rewarding their work as much as much as it is rewarding the work of Bestelling authors such as hancock, bauval, sitchin, daniken, etc.

Nobody wants to read joe dull write about his empiricial proof that there is no such thing as extraterrestrial life blabla.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale

Originally posted by undo

The people who come up with alternative theories, typically don't make money off their theories, and if they do, it's only because their uncle owns the publishing house or they belong to the same fraternal organization.

I dont usually get involved in these discussions but i can think of a few off the top of my head who have made a killing from their alternative theory's. Von Daniken, Hancock, Sitchen, Wyatt, Gray.

That's not an argument, since they could very well be cases of people who had massive connections to begin with, such as fraternal connections or mom and dad own 50 percent of the publishing house. Most of the money made on this subject, is made by the mainstream, in the form of text books, school books, educational films and documentaries, college courses, teaching positions, seminars, in fact, they have a stranglehold on the subject. And if they aren't making money that way, they can always take the alternative theories of the guy they think is off his rocker, and turn it into a nice screenplay and make a bundle .

whatdya wanna bet there are still people today, who think the original Star Trek paraphrenalia is science fiction even though we have alot of it as a reality today?

cellphone=communicator
quantum teleporting=teleporter
space station=space station
laser weapons=laser weapons

etc.

some poor schumuck probably considered the scientific possibility of these items before their time, originally, submitted them for consideration, was tiold he was crazier than a loon, and then had his theories turned into cold, hard, cash by some enterprising skeptic.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by undo]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I'm not terribly happy with this conjecture on your part. The guys who make the REAL money, are the ones who you are defending.

Hans: Who am I defending? I’m suggesting a way forward for you believers, unless of course you feel that posting endlessly on websites is the way to prove your ideas?

Hans: Sad naïve Undo. Sorry dude that I have to burst your bubble but fringe writers make a great deal of money selling nonsense to believers.

Instead, some skeptic, writes it up as fiction and sells it to hollyweird as if it was all from their imagination.

Hans: I’m not really sure what you are referring to or why this is germane to the discussion??

Yes, and there is nothing wrong at all with being rewarded money.

Hans: Nothing legally of course but ethically making up lies and telling lies about other peoples work certainly isn’t ethical – don’t you think?

In fact, I think academia is seriously pissed off that the public is not rewarding their work as much as much as it is rewarding the work of Bestelling authors such as hancock, bauval, sitchin, daniken, etc.

Hans: People have always preferred fiction to non-fiction, in non fiction you have to stay within the parameters of fact and evidence. While with alternative fiction you can make up all sorts of total nonsense.

Most of the money made on this subject, is made by the mainstream, in the form of text books, school books, educational films and documentaries, college courses, teaching positions, seminars, in fact, they have a stranglehold on the subject. And if they aren't making money that way, they can always take the alternative theories of the guy they think is off his rocker, and turn it into a nice screenplay and make a bundle .

Hans: Very little is made by the ‘mainstream” debunking fringe material. What you are referring to is normal teaching, if for instant if we found proof of Atlantis that would then become part of the curriculum. No additional money would be made one way or another by the mainstream. Non-fiction writers of academic subjects make very little money.

some poor schumuck probably considered the scientific possibility of these items before their time, originally, submitted them for consideration, was tiold he was crazier than a loon, and then had his theories turned into cold, hard, cash by some enterprising skeptic.

Hans: Undo you seem to have some strangle obfuscating language here – what exactly is that anti-logical rant meant to mean??

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join