It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA/Europe invaded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What would you(american or european) do if your country would be invaded by a foreign country , because that country considered your government and people a menace to humanity when in reality just wanted to conquer that country and brainwash the people!?!
Would yourselfs bow to the political power or would you fight?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I've always though of this scenario in my mind (as a california native) and not to shoot down the possible invasion but I cant see a country getting close to a possible land invasion..... (except for canada and mexico, or another nation coming through canada and mexico). BUT- I think our navy can stop any invaders from the west or east coast..... But I guess if there was a possible land invasion I would fight for my country, I wanna say not for the government but for the land but as I was thinking of that statement I realized it didnt make sense because the gov. controls the land, but I guess you can kinda get my point. I havent had many problems with my government so I'm assuming after a land invasion and hopefully a defeat I would continue to have no problems with the govt..... But that's just my opinion.

Sorry for the long and confusingness

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dracodie

I would apply the same tactics as I would if somehow we suddenly faced with a "28 Days Later" situation.
1. Gather all non-perishable food, all weather clothing, weapons, medical supplies, gasoline and load up the vehicle.
2. Attempt to contact friends and family. If this is not possible, head there anyway with the idea that there is strength in numbers, knowing that they're thinking the same thing as that we've discussed such scenarios.
3. Based on the situation, either hole up until movement is possible, or head to the nearest militry installation by way of back roads.

Isn't this what most people would do in this situation? Everyone's seen Red Dawn and other flicks that propose such scenarios.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I and my family would become fugitives, seeking peacefull grounds elsewhere. I am not bound to my country if it will kill me to stay, although i love my country.

defending by the means of fighting the enemy could also result in me killing another human, wich i could never do.

Hiding could result in the capture of my family or me, with the potential to get brainwashed as you say, so thats not an option either

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Area_X

I would apply the same tactics as I would if somehow we suddenly faced with a "28 Days Later" situation.
1. Gather all non-perishable food, all weather clothing, weapons, medical supplies, gasoline and load up the vehicle.
2. Attempt to contact friends and family. If this is not possible, head there anyway with the idea that there is strength in numbers, knowing that they're thinking the same thing as that we've discussed such scenarios.
3. Based on the situation, either hole up until movement is possible, or head to the nearest militry installation by way of back roads.

Isn't this what most people would do in this situation? Everyone's seen Red Dawn and other flicks that propose such scenarios.

The problem with this is that if you do actually do this, you might be identified as some sort of militant organisation and bombed the hell out of. If you want to be left alone, your best bet would probably be to move out into the countryside somewhere and keep your head down.
If the invaders were like Hitler for example and were killing fellow humans, there is nothing to do but fight for your country and freedom. Hopefully another country will come to your aid and help you out.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Well getting your vehicle loaded up with supplies etc is fine and dandy but eventually your supplies run out. I can't say exactly what I would do since part of my decision would be based on my immediate situation. I'm guessing if food/supplies became hard to obtain I might have to join some group to get the necessities... Whether that means shooting at the invaders or bowing to them I could not say.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dracodie
What would you(american or european) do if your country would be invaded by a foreign country , because that country considered your government and people a menace to humanity when in reality just wanted to conquer that country and brainwash the people!?!
Would yourselfs bow to the political power or would you fight?

I think my fellow writers miss the jist of this post. First off, most of those countries we have recently "invaded" know thier country is a menace, but speaking up would definately would be a death sentance. Second nobody is brainwashing anyone, if hta was so, I think the world would be a much quieter place.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   

But in general, I would go all "ninja" and kill'em one by one in thier sleep.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I would fight when I had to stay alive and that means doing whatever I had to do to live... The best way to stay alive in that situation is to travel by night and hide during the day.

I believe the only country that would even try it would be China and they would come up through Mexico..

Your best bet is to go to an area away from any towns or population .

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Fight, of course.
It actually happened in Europe, fairly recently - in 1991.

top topics

join