It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin accuses U.S. of meddling in Russia vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Putin accuses U.S. of meddling in Russia vote

news.yahoo.com

ST PETERSBURG, Russia (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin accused Washington on Monday of plotting to undermine December parliamentary elections seen widely as a demonstration of his enduring power in Russia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The bad thing is he's probably right. I dont think this is going to turn out like Ukraine or Georgia did though.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26/11/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Actually I think he is wrong this time, and he knows he is wrong. Public support for him and his party is so overwhelming, that the opposition hardly stands a chance, even if they are backed by Western interests. The opposition did step up its protests recently, but they are nothing compared to Ukraine or Georgia. But it looks like Putin is very determined to keep his policies going after he is gone, and wants to be 100 percent sure that they as planned.

As for U.S. meddling in Russia, it is not surprising to anyone. They have been diligently working in Russia to further their interests since Yeltsin, and obviously do not wish to leave.

Also it appears that these speeches by Putin are going to be very frequent, and since they all echo each other they will become less newsworthy.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
IMO opinion one thing is talking politics for your countries citizens consumption and then is the thing of demonizing another country to the extent that it hurts your international relations with not only that country but with others that would see you as phony.

Putin has crossed that line already IMO and the relations between Russia and the US won't be good for a while now. This is the same thing that Schroeder did in Germany and Chirac in France, and while sometimes is good to stand up to the U.S. if it gives you an advantage politically it should be use wisely and to the extent that won't hurt your relations when time comes to talk to the other nation.

I like british PM approach to it and some others that while they distance themselves from the US they fall short of demonizing and risking to look as phony as Putin is making himself look.

He's becoming a combination of Ahmadinejad and Chavez.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
i believe this entire Russia/USSR vs. USA discrepency is fraudulent. I believe that the powers that be created good v. bad, bad v. good depending what side you were on just to fatten their pockets. a lot of money, beyond trillions, have been spent since the dawn of the cold war and all of this rhetoric today between the two nations is just empty fodder fooling the majority of the population into thinking an enemy or future enemy exists because the world needs enemies! they need a bad guy in order for the people to relinquish rights and all kinds of tax levies not to mention furthering the agenda of the NWO.

i laugh at the articles that come out nowadays talking about Putin said this or Putin said that. They're running out of creative ideas to rile up the people on both sides of the fence. so much so that they actually had to reach so deep down as to have Russia claim the North Pole! what a riot. what is next?

new topics

top topics

join