It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Redskins SS Sean Taylor SHOT in Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I just saw this on FNC that Taylor was shot in his home in Florida, the report stated he was shot in the leg and that his femoral artery was severed which is not good at all.

No word on his condition at the moment.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Not good, this report says he is fighting for his life, which is understandable with the severing of his femoral artery:

Report: Sean Taylor 'Fighting for his life'

NBC6 in Florida confirms that there was a shooting and robbery at Taylor's home. Taylor is reportedly in surgery after being shot in the leg. The bullet severed his femoral artery.

It seems he confronted someone trying to break into his Miami home when he was shot:

Sean Taylor of Redskins shot in S. Dade

Sean Taylor of the Washington Redskins was shot and wounded overnight by an intruder at his home on Old Cutler road in South Miami Dade.

Taylor, a former University of Miami star, was airlifted to the Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Those Miami grads always seem to find trouble. I don't care if initial reports say it is a robbery. He has been involved in violent crimes in the past, and I am sure he hasn't giving up the thug life.

He is still a great player.

Edit: I think he got shot in his manhood. I really feel bad for him now.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by testrat]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Why does it matter what college he's from, how good a player he is, or his past troubles?

If he was shot in the leg, I'm going to assume he was shot where he was laying, considering he couldn't really run away from a shooting elsewhere.

So given that, and since he was found in his home, I think it's safe to assume he was shot in his home, which would point most likely to a robbery. Unless he was involved in the robbery of his own home, and the shooting was staged, I think we've pretty much got all of the story that there is.

Hope he pulls through alright. It's just awful seeing innocent people die over senseless stupidity - like robbery.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
just saw this on cnn. he is gonna come out of this all jacked, if he comes out.

i heard them say something about someone busting out a machete

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
This in this morning:

Sean Taylor has died.

May he RIP.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Taylor was the one waving a machete. He couldn't own a gun because of past infractions.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
What a waste of youth. I feel so bad right now. My heart and prayers go to the family. I hope they catch the people responsible.....

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Another sad example of what goes around comes around.

Karma is real.

Peace

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

That's true, but I don't think he deserved it.

Had he murdered someone, then I'd say yeah, he deserved it. But I don't think that was the case.

This is pretty shocking. You never really expect to see this stuff happen to young guys like him. You expect the long retired old guys to die, but you never expect to see a guy that you saw playing football just a few weeks ago to now be dead.

Wow

Hopefully they catch those involved.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Karma is real.

Yep. It's sad to see a guy who, by all accounts, was starting to get his life turned around, get gunned down.

But I'll put money that it wasn't a robbery, and that the guy who shot him wasn't a complete stranger...and that Taylor brought that man to his house in one way or another.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I guess I was wrong and testrat was right.

From what I've been hearing today, nothing was stolen. Investigators have been saying that typically people will break in to a home when no one is home. Clearly that wasn't the case.

Also, the knife that was left on the bed a few days earlier. They think that may have been some sort of sign of a hit or something.

Another thing is the phone lines were cut. According to someone in the area, most of the phone lines are underground. So clearly there was planning and surveillance involved in this crime, which would also sort of dismiss the whole burglary/robbery scenario.

It appears it was a hit. Sean Taylor probably pissed someone off and they got back at him.

But I just wonder, why the leg? Clearly that's deadly. But wouldn't someone go for the chest or head instead? I wonder if there was a struggle and that was the shot that got off?

I guess we'll see.

But yeah, sorry about my argumentative tone in response to your post testrat. It appears you were right.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Just a supposition but maybe Taylor did something with this guy's girlfriend or wife, and in order to get back at Taylor he was trying to shoot his package off and hit the artery in the process.

Peace

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

It appears it was a hit. Sean Taylor probably pissed someone off and they got back at him.

But I just wonder, why the leg? Clearly that's deadly.
But yeah, sorry about my argumentative tone in response to your post testrat. It appears you were right.

No worries. Actually from what I heard it was the groin area that he got shot in. Who sneaks into a man bedroom and shoots him in the privates, someone who is not happy with what that man is doing with his privates.
I think in the next few days we will find out that robbery was not the motive. Maybe a love triangle? Maybe payback from wayback? Only time will tell.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

This is pretty shocking.

Not shocking at all if you ask me. The NFL is rife with the gangsta's.

I can quote any number of article, data and books to back up my claim.

From amazon reviews of the bookPros and Cons: The Criminals Who Play in the NFL ( The Library Journal)

National Football League teams during the 1996/97 season, they discovered that 21 percent had been arrested or indicted for serious crimes ranging from fraud to homicide. Upon investigating the specific instances behind the statistics, they uncovered a disturbing trend?the NFL continues to employ players with multiple arrests and multiple convictions, just as long as they are capable of playing winning football. About the only thing that drew official sanction was the public revelation of extensive gambling activity because that was perceived as casting doubt on the integrity of the game.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
sad to hear the poor guy died, though. he may have been a punk, but life shouldnt be so short.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by x-phile
Not shocking at all if you ask me. The NFL is rife with the gangsta's.

I meant it was shocking that he's dead because I remember watching the Redskins-Packers game just a few weeks ago and seeing him. It's just kind of weird to see a guy there playing football one minute, then the next, he's dead.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
shooting the leg...sounds like someone was trying to send a message...maybe death wasn't the plan but it happend accidently.

you know how the whole mafia/knee caps thing? sending a message.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear this. He was a pretty good player. As far as his personal life is concerned, it's none of my business.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Update: Four Arrested in Taylor Shooting

MIAMI (AP) - Police said the four people arrested Friday in the shooting death of Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor went to his home intent on stealing, not killing.

The suspects didn't expect Taylor to be there, said Miami-Dade County police Director Robert Parker, but Taylor was recuperating from a knee injury and had returned home from Washington. When Taylor surprised them, he was shot.
"They were certainly not looking to go there and kill anyone," Parker said. "They were expecting a residence that was not occupied. So murder or shooting someone was not their initial motive."

Police spokeswoman Linda O'Brien identified the four suspects as: Venjah K. Hunte, 20; Eric Rivera Jr., 17; Jason Scott Mitchell, 19; and Charles Kendrick Lee Wardlow, 18. O'Brien said the charges for each had not yet been determined, but "we are talking murder and burglary."

msn.foxsports.com...

top topics

join