It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN/Youtube Republican Debate in 3 days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The CNN/YouTube Republican Debate: Live on Wednesday at 8 PM ET

Two questions.

One, since this is a great time to contribute, any ATSers gonna upload a question in video format to Youtube?

Will Ron Paul not be invited?

Will Ron Paul be invited only to be ignore like he did to many on the Dem debate?

Is he gonna give Giuliani the spotlight like he did on Obama?

[edit on 25-11-2007 by ModernAcademia]

[edit on 25-11-2007 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Was this debate supposed to happen in September originally? I seem to remember something about the Republican CNN/YouTube Debate around September 18 or something along those lines. I remember specifically because Anderson Cooper was quick to point out that Ron Paul had already received a ridiculous amount of questions in comparison to the other candidates. If i'm thinking about the same debate as Thursday's, then i can only imagine how many questions he has received thus far.

I've actually seen Ron Paul on Wolf Blitzer a few times and while CNN isn't exactly putting Paul on their agenda and pushing his in return, i do find that he receives the most exposure from CNN in comparison to Fox or MSNBC.

I am hoping this will be a Paul-heavy debate, but i don't know. It's true that he pulled in a pretty good bit of cash last quarter and he's blowing those totals out of the water in Q4 (i'm projecting 14-15 Million. Some of these things may be newsworthy and warrant debate time, but i do have a feeling that it will be all about Romney, Giuliani, McCain & Paul. Giuliani will of course be doing by far the most attacking of Paul.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I don't know if it's true, but I heard that Ron Paul wasn't invited in the Fox News republican debate.

If he isn't then that's a shame.

If he will be invited, then Bill O'reilly or whichever moderator, will try their best with Giuliani to make Ron Paul look bad.

They must be planning something now as we speak

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I cannot believe that Republicans are going to stoop to a level this low.

Did they even watch the Democrat You-tube debate? Do we really want the next President answering questions from a freaking snowman? Come on!

BTW It's a debate sponsored by CNN, so Bill O'Reilly showing up has a 0% chance of happening.

All I can say about Republicans debating on CNN is that they are doing it, unlike Democrats debating on FOX News.

I won't be watching! I'll follow the coverage on FOX news, just like most Repubicans. The last time CNN had a Republican debate, FOX News had a higher rating for the same time period!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I cannot believe that Republicans are going to stoop to a level this low.

Did they even watch the Democrat You-tube debate? Do we really want the next President answering questions from a freaking snowman? Come on!

I agree. I think it's great that americans can submit questions for the candidates, definitely. But i don't think any kind of cuteness or comedy really has a place in it. I understand that they're trying to appeal to a broader mass and maybe it is actually bringing people to the table, but on the other hand i don't want to see the political process dumbed down to the extend that the Democratic CNN YouTube debate was.

Ideally it would be good if there could be a middle ground between total viewer control and total media control of the event. A secure online vote might solve something like this so voters can at least choose from a series of specific topics.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
one hour left

anybody watching?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
just saw it, I thought Ron Paul did an amazing job explaining the difference between conspiracy theories and facts.

Some key moments were:

Romney choking on the Bible question (he should have just kept his mouth shut, instead of backtracking on his statements)

McCain challenging Ron Paul on military support (and being countered with the fact that RP has more donations from enlisted officers).

Huckabee looking incompetent, especially when he was told his time was up - he just said "oh, ok." All the other candidates would always go over time, some even just for the sake of going over, rambling about nothing and knowing it. Not Huckabee, his passive reaction was surprising to me.

I couldn't help but to notice that Huckabee had a certain cadence to his speech patterns, which just screamed memorization. It seemed like he was on autopilot for many responses, especially his counter to Fred Thompson's commercial. Speaking of Thompson, what's that guy from Die Hard 2 doing in the debate? Shouldn't he be in the watchtower... but I digress.

I thought a lot of the questions were garbage, but I was impressed with some of the questions that were asked, moreso than the previous debate.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
surprised that there were no questions on Iran or Healthcare.

I guess they don't want us thinking about Iran....perhaps

Ron Paul ate everyone for breakfast
mccain doesn't even get isolationism vs. non-intervention

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm going to admit I watched part of the debate.

I came away with two feelings...

1. The 1st feeling is sickness of having to watch CNN...That never happens.

2. Ron Paul is a freaking loon! This is the first time I ever watched him speak and was extremely unimpressed.

BTW Ron Paul...If you are in the military as an officer, you are not enlisted...you are commissioned. There is no such thing as an enlisted officer.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This debate was a joke. It goes to show ya just how much favortism there is in the media towards certain people. For a while there I thought the debate was only going to be between Romny, Giuliani and Thompson.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
During the beginning of the debate when they were discussing immigration did it sound like Giuliana was going to cry?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Of all the video submissions, I was miffed at the last video that made it through. The person asking Giuliani why he had rooted for the Red Sox in the series when he said he was a Yankee's fan. I hate questions like those, politicians get side tracked and they don't stay on the real important issues.

new topics

top topics

join