It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Sphinx sits atop a temple?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Could anyone shed light on this for me please, I read it somewhere and believe it could be possible, have any excavations been done below the feet of the sphinx, it was believed in ancient times that the sphinx could talk and see..possibly a communication centre of some sort? any views on this?




posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I had heard of something being underneath one of the paws of the sphinx. If I was to take an educated guess I would say look into the rectum of the statue for info or treasure. Why the rectum you ask? I just figured sphinx and sphincter sound to much alike to just dismiss.



posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
There is something there, and here is a old thread about it Edgar Cayce and the right paw of the Sphynx

He mentioned some kind of box within the chamber.



posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
I had heard of something being underneath one of the paws of the sphinx. If I was to take an educated guess I would say look into the rectum of the statue for info or treasure. Why the rectum you ask? I just figured sphinx and sphincter sound to much alike to just dismiss.


Sphinx is the Egyptian name and dates to the greek period of egypt (after 1000bce)

the Egyptian name is Harmakhis




posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
lol..sorry ive just posted this in the cayce thread by accident:

If sitchin's work is anything to go by, then not only is the sphinx the key to our history and our future (supposedly acts like a beacon), I know Sitchin took alot of flak due to his 'questionable' claims about the translations, but alot of his work seems almost finished than the current explanation thats getting touted around schools and such.
Also, anyone ever heard of another sphinx in the Sinai peninsula...apparently they sit on the same height and position, but the pyramids are actually 2 mountain peaks, ending at exactly the same height as the 'man made mountains of the west'.

(I don't think it's st. katherine...doesn't work for me..but you never know)

(again, sorry for the double post)



posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
If sitchin's work is anything to go by,

It isn't, its science fiction and has been disproved on numerous occaisons. None of his translations stand up to scrutiny and he himself is not qualified or knowledgable enough in linguistics to translate anything
www.sitchiniswrong.com...
take the red pill


Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
then not only is the sphinx the key to our history and our future

its a statue built on a bedrock plateau. It has been subjected to numerous tests to discover underground chambers and none of any significance have been found
www.touregypt.net/featurestories/secretchambers1.htm
four pages here detailing all the explorations ever undertaken and all the conclusions.

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
I know Sitchin took alot of flak due to his 'questionable' claims about the translations,

Sitchin claimed that the Sphinx was built by the Annunaki
the sphinx is in Egypt
the Annunaki are the underworld gods of the Babylonisn
not only are they geographically distant from the Giza plateau but they are also far too late in the day to have been involved. the orthodox dating of the sphinx places it around 2500bce if you are proposing that it is actually older than that then there is even more of a disparity with the timelines because the dating of the Annunaki are after 1900bce

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
alot of his work seems almost finished than the current explanation thats getting touted around schools and such.

Sumerology is not currently taught in schools because its not really relevant to modern history on the surface. But the entire history of the civilisation has been laid out and is now a matter of public record. there were no aliens, no genetic engineering and no evidence that supports anything that Sitchin says

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
Also, anyone ever heard of another sphinx in the Sinai peninsula...apparently they sit on the same height and position, but the pyramids are actually 2 mountain peaks, ending at exactly the same height as the 'man made mountains of the west'.

sitchin claimed the sphinx is connected to the sinai desert. this is because he claimed that the Annunaki aliens had a spaceport there. This is science fiction. Sitchins stories change to match our current technology. His original book written back in the 1970s claimed that the Annunaki were landing pods in the sea off the persian gulf in the same way that astronauts were being retrived during the Apollo missions. in the early 80s he "discovered" that the Annunaki were in fact using space shuttles in the sinai desert. This was just after the U.S. had unveiled their own space shuttle to the world. As such his fiction isn't even imaginative but based on current trends
no doubt soon his annunaki will be using craft equipped with ramjets and pulse engines and whatever else we are using in the future



new topics

top topics
 
0

log in

join