It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Prophecies of Merlin and 2012.. What you haven't heard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Watch this video about Merlin and the predictions there of... It is not the merlin we have all known to love, but the historical Merlin.

Video

[edit on 23-11-2007 by blowfishdl]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
"The prophecies of Merlin" is about 22 minutes from actual writings. Merlin, from King Arthur's time, was thought of as half-man/beast. He 'predicts' Virginia, the state.

Says there will be large-scale terrorism, possibly in London, weather changes, etc. It's from the History Channel -- I'm about halfway through it, not bad... someone else is the subject now; it's titled 'Doomsday 2012' in the player.... "half the world bathed in blood" then the Bible is mentioned...

[edit on 23-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
do they know when the prophices are? Because they say 'possibly' in our own time.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
...lately, it's about the Book of Rev, could it be a reference to Nero? A lot of 'anti'-Christ references... American Indians now, mainly historical, obviously, mentioning... there's images of cities collapsing, weather madness, troops in the mid-east, now the 2012 stuff for the last few minutes...

...the Hopi tribe from early America predict 'prophecies' -- "world was created and rebuilt four times" and we're going into the fifth 'time' now.... "seas shall rise, quakes will shake all corners, sun will turn hotter." Hopi predicted the world, "would be crossed by world-wide spider web" another obvious reference, to the 'net... crazy, 'web-bot' is brought up, (I hear that's 'hitting' 2012 all the time lately) "involves many programs called spiders to read the world's interest."

More 'web-bot' coverage, about S11, about two minutes left, nothing about Mayans; still on WB, talking heads, guess that's all folks...

...on the edit: "gamma ray burst" and earlier mention of the planets leaving their orbits. Just that thought was "doomsday" enough personally.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
whats funny about 2012 and the end of the world is. In the bible it says that only jesus knows the day but the father knows the hour, So how can man know that 2012 is the year this dooms day is cominh dec 21?. Only god can keep perfect time man cannot! we can get close but not good enough. a good way to figure the time table would be how long man has been here for god say man will rule himself for 6000 years the other 1000 is with christ. to figure this out easier said than done.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
So when did they discover Merlin was real?

According to history and archeology, merlin was a mythical character based on two people, two people from different times in history, if that is the case, how did these prophecies come about?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Remember, we're talking about the historical Merlin here (who was a druid and the monicker ' Merlin' wasn't even his real name, but rather a Romanization), not the Camelot fire-ball wielding maniac who got down with elves and played with meterorite-forged WMD's.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

they believe merlin was not a man but a title for an "insane"
prophet who lives in the woods. Apperantly there were a few merlins like you said but which one made the prediction and and where he was from we probably will never know

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Just for a thought - I live in a town that's name translates literally to Merlin's Fort. This Merlin made predictions about the collapse of the town however it is still standing. Look this up, just type Merlin + Carmarthen. Its interesting that the name was used for insane people because that would fit the gentleman I've been brought up hearing about quite well. The point I'm trying to make is that predictions, prophecies and visions are not necessarily true but twisted to suite the opinions of others. Why else do you think they are ambiguous? they will suite many events in history with a little bit of imagination!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I was curious of all these theories for 2012
Is it just me or do most if not all of them seem to spell out disater or bleekness....only then followed by awakening and rebirth?
Is there any such theories that can go into detail about a positive 2012 impact.
And also this sounds like a joke I know but for anyone who has any serious calculations as far as dtes and times in 2012..how would timezones and such workout with it...I imagine it could be Sunday in Japan while its still saturday here
is there some kind of Earth time clock used for refrence for when all these events are to take place
that question has always boggled me...I had thought the same with Y2K too

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Akoostikreiki

Yes most non western sources say 2012 is a rebirth into a new earth. This includes the Bible, and the Hopi indians, many different tribes (you can watch this video that I made for a list of different descriptions from different belief systems: www.youtube.com...).

The new age world is extremely positive about it, saying all sorts of things from the 5th dimension, to heaven, to just a earth with people who love and dont hurt eachother.

As for time zones, well, 2012 will not be an event taking place in a single moment. 2012 is a process that has been happening for a long time. Terrence McKenna's Novelty Theory talks about how the frequency of significant events and developments is forever increasing (for isntance, look at 100 years from 1908-2008, and then look at 100 years from 1008-1108, and see how huge of a difference that is. Ten years now is 200 years in terms of novelty in comparison to a long time ago. The frequency is increasing so much that near the omega point, in terms of novelty, 5000 years will be repeated in one minute and even greater concentrations. So that includes natural disasters, scientific discovery, human conciousness, everything rapidly changing. So there will be a point long before December 21, 2012 where the notion of time will just be thrown out because it will be so unreadable, plus you probably wont find any clocks. Time is just an illusion anyway. The very end according to some light conjecture using the theory on his part is that the omega point is everything that can possibly happen happening simultaneously (that would be the 5th dimension).

[edit on 20-12-2008 by Reddupo]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
ty I am going to watch it now, it looks/sounds interesting.

I've always been interested in Merlin from a young age, the mythical and the various tales that circulate around the internet which claim to be factual.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

nowhere in that information are you likely to learn that the fictional character 'Merlin' was the creation of Geofferry of Monmouth' somewhere around the year 1135.

Sherlock Holems is another immortalized personality which exists in the same mystical realm as does Merlin and Jesus...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This past winter I was thinking about The Wall and about the English language, and wondering if its a true representation of reality, the way the language fits together and defines things, because a prophet is a profit, and the antichrist is supposed to be the false prophet that runs cam alot, and I began to feel kind of angry about the past eight years so I wrote the whole thing up on the wall and noticed its called Alpha-Bet.

So I looked up Alpha-Bet and found out its supposed to be saying AlphaBeta, which I guess means OneTwo? But for some reason they took off the A and called it The Alpha Bet. It looked like a trick so I decided to just sound the whole thing out.

Now, when I started sounding the whole thing out I was quite surprised to be met with a threat. three words with three letters each to start off the alpha-bet, and I got to thinking that when three things happen, it usually gets a little attention, and if they happen three times, then its some definite evidance.

ABC DEF GHI. I couldn't help but remember all those elementary teachers saying "Just sound it all out, you'll get it." So I did. Abyss Deaf Guy. What a thing to say. I just figured it out, and it met me with a spooky threat that made fun of me for never understanding it before. Abyss Deaf Guy...

Alpha-Bet.

I dont want to tell you what I made out of the rest of it, I want to see what other people come up with, and then post what I thought of the rest of that Alpha-Bet, that defines everything in my world.

So please help me figure out this Alpha-Bet, and everything it could possibly be saying. What I came up with was a seven word sentence that broke down into smaller words like slang and reiterated itself on both levels twice more after these first three words. So I think I got it right, but I wanted to see if anyone else or a good majority came up with the same thing, and this seems like a good place to ask, because not many people will take you seriously if your out on the street getting angry about the Alpha-Bet, and anyone who knows what thats like, isn't on a computer very often.

Sincerely,

The Ticklemonster

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I missed this one on the History Channel. It was great! Thank you> S&F my friend.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
whats funny about 2012 and the end of the world is. In the bible it says that only jesus knows the day but the father knows the hour, So how can man know that 2012 is the year this dooms day is cominh dec 21?. Only god can keep perfect time man cannot! we can get close but not good enough. a good way to figure the time table would be how long man has been here for god say man will rule himself for 6000 years the other 1000 is with christ. to figure this out easier said than done.

Bit if you go by the calancer found in the Bible. God gave us a way to keep time, we perverted it or rather the pegan, roman and catholics did. If you are trying to figure the end time by our secular calander we use now it is impossible. Because Gods time has been perverted it is impossible to figure the end time by the biblical calander but we can get close, not the hour not the day but close and we in the winter of our time.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga
" then the Bible is mentioned...

Ok i wouldnt believe this than, because merlin was a druid...if you look up druids you will see it was a religon all its own, he would not make refrance to "God" unless it was about a god in witch case he would say what it was a god of. one of the first rules of druidism is that a someone can not be a Continuasly folowed religion without multipul gods, (Christianity, Wicca, Buddism, Ect.) for this would cause conflict with the druids teachings, A druid must be someone who KNOWS reincarnation is posible and that the planet has more controll over itself than we think. (Also as i stated a druid is more easly taught if they are Aethist or Pagan)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

<<   2 >>

join