It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Astronauts Evidence

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
We can find camp fire sites from 1.5 million years ago...you're trying to tell me that a civilization more technologically advanced than our own would leave no traces?

ah...a welcome relief. someone posing questions without the need to insult.

The ancient astronaut theory generally goes that those Gods that flew around in spaceships did not necessarily stay here to leave that many traces and that the traces that WERE left were hidden or destroyed by those seeking to exercise power through their belief-systems (the church). All we have left is the tales of the Gods.

Also: Finding camp fire sites after 1.5. million years? Im not so sure about that.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Also: Finding camp fire sites after 1.5. million years? Im not so sure about that.

well of course you wouldn't be sure of it
its based on real evidence
not the stuff in your imagination which doesn't count

A new analysis of burned antelope bones from caves in Swartkrans, South Africa, confirms that Australopithecus robustus and Homo erectus built campfires roughly 1.5 million years ago—as many as a million years earlier than previously thought.

discovermagazine.com...

and once again
your claim that the gods were flying around in spaceships is completely unsupported
please link to any ancient text that mentions the word spaceship at all
you were asked several times to link to information that backs these unsupported assertions you keep making but have completely failed to do so

you keep saying that the people wouldn't know to call it that
and in the next breath claim that Alien Gods (who look completely human)created mankind and taught them civilisation
so you have a non sequiteur don't you
you're claiming that a race made by aliens and taught about the universe by aliens and taught how to read and write by aliens didn't know about the aliens transport

thats like saying that a child created by its parents and taught about the world by its parents and taught how to read and write by its parents doesn't know what to call their parents car

laughable

your claim that the church has covered it up as well is just rubbish
what youre claiming is that an organisation based on the fact that an advanced individual created everything has hidden the evidence of his exitstence and expects everyone to take it on trust that he was here anyway
like duh
you don't think his laser pistol might go some way to convincing people that he was serious about the ten commandments

you don't know much if anything about the history of religion either do you skyfloating
why am I not surprised

[edit on 3-12-2007 by kerkinana walsky]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kerkinana walsky

yes and....?

We still make campfires today, dont we?

You still havent responded to the questions posed to you on page 10.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky

and once again
your claim that the gods were flying around in spaceships is completely unsupported
you were asked several times to link to information that backs these unsupported assertions you keep making but have completely failed to do so

When you make these false statements, as you keep doing, are you hoping that readers wont go through the thread and look at what I posted? The last imagines I posted for example, which you OF COURSE did not comment on?

you're claiming that a race made by aliens and taught about the universe by aliens and taught how to read and write by aliens didn't know about the aliens transport

You are putting all AAT researchers into "one bag". NOWHERE did I make those claims.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kerkinana walsky

The one thing really proven in this thread is that every second post you make contains either an insult or a blatantly false statement.

Its a shame because it derails the thread and distracts from the material at hand and the discussion.

When starting out I was looking forward to talk to like-minded researchers and exchange information with them. What I get instead is some angry online-entity throwing insults out at every opportunity.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

yet another revealing look into the mindset of the "scientific" establishment. I am impressed by the depth of thought...not

Well indeed. Anything unknown is labelled as "magic" and "of the gods". Which is why these "orthodox scientists" that I keep attacking, are actually desperately needed.

Thats not only contradictory but also shows the dishonesty you accuse me of.

I have found some real and highly respected skeptics and debunkers on ATS, but these distorion-hungry fact-deniers are not part of them.

why does every second post you make contain disinformation?

My degree is master mason

If you wish to be taken seriously, you could at least sometimes admit you were wrong

heres the thing skyfloating
I understand that you really believe all this
as Hanslune said it you have a closed mind to the truth
this defficiency of yours will not allow you to see the truth no matter if it is handed to you on a platter
all your evidence seems to have been collated from sites with names like www.ufo.bible.alienareamongus.get-me-meds.org
all your speculation is unsupported by the evidence
you repeatedly accuse people of saying things about AAT believers that they haven't
you consistently refuse to accept the answers to your question and then claim that you received no answer
you are constantly claiming that people like Hancock and Daniken are truthful and respectable
you have lied about evidence
you have failed to link to evidence you claimed existed
you have insulted everyone who doesn't share your point of view
you have insulted the ancients with your claims that they couldn't have made this stuff up and by insinuating that they were gibbering idiots (your words not mine)

so where are you going with this
people who believe your evidence already believe it
people that don't believe your evidence will never believe it
but don't you think its odd that the people who dont believe it in every single case without exception know more about the subjects you have covered than you did

btw I did not bother to reply to your two linked images because the first shows "the crucifiction" which hangs in a Kosovo monastery and was painted in 1350 and the two "aliens" are in fact angels
and the second one shows a domed roof on a building which has faded with age making the domed roof appear to float
so what are you saying, that an anonymous artist in 1350 went back in time witnessed the crucifiction and there were alien spaceships there and that buildings have roofs shaped like alien vessels ?
like get real I did not see why I should even bother to comment because had you bothered to check you would already have ahd that information yourself

but you didn't bother did you hence your

Its best for me not to say too much about this pictures.

the reason you didn't say too much about them is because you found them on a ufo website with no explanation as to what they depicted at all
and thats why you are wasting everyones time with this rubbish that you call evidence
it isn't evidence
it isn't even valid

The one thing really proven in this thread is that every second post you make contains either an insult or a blatantly false statement.

as opposed to almost every single one of yours
so you were proven a liar earlier
now you're a hippocrite as well

we're all still waiting for those links you claimed you had at sacredtexts.com ten pages ago

btw I answered your crick question in full the very next post after you mentioned it. He never stated at any time that he believed that aliens had visited us
I asked you to link to a statement that he did
still waiting for that
he did believe in panspermia
he later recanted that belief

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

After 10 000 years? You gotta be kidding. Where are the remains of the World Trade Center? Where is the evidence it ever existed? Alright, after 6 years you might still find some rubble and a piece of molten plane, but after 100 years? Doubtful. After 1000 years? I dont know. After 10 000 years? No way.

Oh my Skyfloating your uneducated opinion wipes away 200 years of archaeological experience huh?

Please explain how 400,000 year old wooden spears were found?

Please explain where in your experience or education you developed the expertise that allows you to make sweeping statements about scienfific methodology being "doubtful"?

Oh wait you just make it up and state it as fact.....I have to say I met tepid bowls of soup with more knowledge about artifact preservation.

LOL

Added material for those interested

Online site for archaeological basics:

www.staff.ncl.ac.uk...

Archaeology Essentials: Theories, Methods and Practice

search.barnesandnoble.com...

The ancient mind: Elements of cognitive archaeology:

Link

[edit on 3/12/07 by Hanslune]

(fixed link)

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

When you make these false statements, as you keep doing, are you hoping that readers wont go through the thread and look at what I posted?

that's precisely what he's doing.
he's done that to me in several threads. that's how he hopes to
win the debate. first he asks for proof.
you provide your proof. he says it isn't proof and that you made the
whole thing up (assuming the readers won't check to see if you've quoted
actual documents for the information that he's decided isn't real anyway)
been around the block with him a few times already. he relies heavily
on the assumption that most people look for key words and phrases
when reading a debunking, and that such accusations will automatically
shut down the logic centers of his readers on the premise that they don't
need to look into it, any further.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
that's precisely what he's doing.
he's done that to me in several threads. that's how he hopes to
win the debate. first he asks for proof.
you provide your proof. he says it isn't proof and that you made the
whole thing up (assuming the readers won't check to see if you've quoted
actual documents for the information that he's decided isn't real anyway)
been around the block with him a few times already. he relies heavily
on the assumption that most people look for key words and phrases
when reading a debunking, and that such accusations will automatically
shut down the logic centers of his readers on the premise that they don't
need to look into it, any further.

firstly whos "he". There seems to be some campaign here to deprive me of my status as a woman, if this is some attempt to attack me then it isn't working. This is the second time that you have alluded that I am someone else Undo and it shows if anything that you are delusional.
I do not know you
I have not debated you before
I have not made up any claim and it is skyfloating who is once again attempting to distort the truth

here is what I said

now heres where Skyfloating said it

The sanskrit Rigveda we find some of the first references to flying aircraft and the people operating those aircraft. They are here not referred to as "Vimana" but as "Ratha". The aircraft are described as triangular in shape and that two people were needed to operate it. With it you could "fly above the clouds" and even "into the heavens".
Well, as usual the question is not about the texts but about the interpretation of these texts as "mythology" or description of real events. No doubt most scholars would say that its mythology "because we all know that the ancients didnt have technology". Its best one goes to sacred-texts.com and chooses some ancient script to interpret it oneself.

and my response

ok so dont name names
just link to the appropriate ancient texts at sacred texts that talk about flying machines

could you do that ?

Skyfloating responded with

Not all things can be solved by links and google. Sometimes you just have to be interested in the texts (which were named) or actually travel to some of the places mentioned.

now he clearly just said that these texts were available at sacred texts.com and then backed away without proving it
now later he claimed it didn't happen and accused me of lying by saying it did

When you make these false statements, as you keep doing, are you hoping that readers wont go through the thread and look at what I posted?

Now undo you owe me an apology
firstly you accused me of being inhibited by testosterone
secondly you accused me of being someone else
thirdly you accused me of lying about the evidence

now from what I have read in your last posts you were caught lying about the evidence in the white pyramid thread
and now skyfloating has been caugtht lying in this thread about the evidence (or lack of it)

and you wonder why it is that you have never convinced anyone that any of your beliefs are correct
its because you are both morally and intellectually dishonest
and people spot that
expecially when its pointed out to them when you accuse someone else of it.

how you thought either of you would get away with making out I had lied or distorted anything when its all in this thread in black and white anyway is beyond me. It ranks of naievity of the highest order.

Just because the pair of you haven't bothered to research the facts does not mean that every other person reading this material is as lackadaisical about reality as you are

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
kerk,

I apologize for assuming you were marduk. you act and type just like him. a twin perhaps.

Next, it doesn't do a bit of good to post links to the texts, as I have proven to myself and anyone else that read the White Pyramid thread. I posted link after link to the texts on Sacredtexts.com and marduk just refused to accept anything that was said.

This is how it typically goes:

"Prove it! Show me texts that say that!"
(texts are shown that say that)
"No, that's not what it means!"
(argument ensues in which the obvious is belabored till its bordering on getting the thread closed)
"Okay, well even if that's what it means, it's still ridiculous to think they REALLY flew around!"

Ad nauseum.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Undo...I thought about it today and realized one thing:

This thread serves as a wonderful example of the behaviour of so-called skeptics/debunkers of alternative knowledge. So much so that I copy pasted the whole thread to serve as evidence of manipulative tactics in future publications.

Ive had great conversations and even friendship with skeptics on other threads. But what is happening on this one is outright suspicious.

The insult-count has reached about 100. Talk about given skeptics a bad name.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The Mahabharata, Book 7: Drona Parva

The mighty Krishna also slew the valiant king of Chedis,
that leader of kings, as if he were some animal, on the
occasion of the latter's disputing about the Arghya. Putting
forth his prowess, Madhava hurled unto the sea the Daitya
city called Saubha, (moving) in the skies, protected by
Salwa, and regarded as impregnable.
www.sacred-texts.com...

A city called Saubha, moving in the skies, was "hurled"
into the sea, even though it had been regarded as
impregnable before that. So it was a flying, nearly
impregnable city.

Let's see what else the texts say about Saubha and Salwa

Mahabharata, Book 7 Vana Parva

And then, O foremost of kings, the mighty Salwa, afflicted
with the arrows of Pradyumna, rose disheartened, and
speedily went away. Then O king, the wicked Salwa, thus
afflicted by the Vrishnis, mounted on his car of precious
metals, and leaving Dwaraka scudded through the skies!'"

www.sacred-texts.com...

Rig Veda Book 10, Hymn LV
.(speaking of Indra, the Thunderer)

7 Through these the Thunderer gained strong manly
vigour, through whom he waxed in power to smite
down Vrtra,-
Who through the might of Indra's operation came
forth as Gods in course of Law and Order.
8 All-strong, performing works with his companion,
All-marking, rapid Victor, Curse-averter,
The Hero, waxing, after draughts of Soma, blew far
from heaven the Dasyus with his weapon.

www.sacred-texts.com...

[edit on 4-12-2007 by undo]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hey KW,

you said that Francis Crick never supported the starseed theory. You want to stick to that claim?

Furthermore, do you seriously think that people who consider the existence of a universe full of life (extraterrestrials) are stupid and childish? For sure thats not your true opinion and you only said that in a moment of anger, no?

Also, do you realize that this is not about the "evidence" you keep calling for but about the INTERPRETATION of ancient text? And that while your interpretation may be the one you parrot from school, disagreeing with that interpretation doesnt make me a liar?

Furthermore, as you keep questioning my credentials: How would you know my credentials? And what are yours?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Oh my Skyfloating your uneducated opinion wipes away 200 years of archaeological experience huh?

What do you know about my education?

Please explain where in your experience or education you developed the expertise that allows you to make sweeping statements about scienfific methodology being "doubtful"?

Putting words into my mouth again? I didnt say scientific methodology is doubtful.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
the duk's (marduk, that is) argument for this passage:

A city called Saubha, moving in the skies,

was that Saubha was a mountain top city, and that's
what it meant by "in the skies". (ignoring the "moving"
reference entirely).

That the vimanas and cars were later depicted in art as the
gods lazying about on clouds, harnessed to horses or what
have you, is proof that the text is not talking about real
vehicles moving in the sky, even if the text says as much.

I finally just gave up arguing with him and tossed up my
hands in exasperation.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
He also argued that the hindus couldn't have possibly referred to
space travel, as his contention was
"they had no concept of outer space at all did they"

which of course, is disproven in their own texts, such as this:

The Mahabharata: Drona Parva
SECTION CLXXIX
Fierce winds began to blow, and thunders with loud report
began to fall on the earth. Destroying that blazing illusion of
Ghatotkacha and piercing right through his breast that resplendent dart soared aloft in the night and entered a
starry constellation in the firmament.
www.sacred-texts.com...

there's also passages about saturn, and various other mentions
of celestial bodies (but watch out, when the hindu say "celestial"
they don't mean what we think it means, they mean something
else, according to the duk)

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ancient Egyptian Cogwheels

A picture taken in the ancient egyptian museum in cairo by a swiss lady:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Ok, guys and gals !

I'm going to take advantage of this mini-lull, to remind Everyone to play nice.

Let's put an end to the Personal Attacks, please.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
We can find camp fire sites from 1.5 million years ago...you're trying to tell me that a civilization more technologically advanced than our own would leave no traces?

The ancient astronaut theory generally goes that those Gods that flew around in spaceships did not necessarily stay here to leave that many traces and that the traces that WERE left were hidden or destroyed by those seeking to exercise power through their belief-systems (the church). All we have left is the tales of the Gods.

Ok, so the aliens brought us technology, built great civilizations with it, and then just...took it away?

If you think 1.5 million years is impressive, how about 3.5 billion for fossil stromatolites? Purely biological and yet they left detectable traces. Now I'm pretty sure that bacteria leave less traces behind than advanced technology...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Howdy Skyfloating

Hans: Nope they'd find all kinds of high tech remains, even airfields in drier parts of the world - not to mention all the toys. Why is that so hard for you to accept - still demonstrating your closed mind?

Skygloating: After 10 000 years? You gotta be kidding. Where are the remains of the World Trade Center? Where is the evidence it ever existed? Alright, after 6 years you might still find some rubble and a piece of molten plane, but after 100 years? Doubtful. After 1000 years? I dont know. After 10 000 years? No way.

Hans: Oh my Skyfloating your uneducated opinion wipes away 200 years of archaeological experience huh?

Skyfloating: What do you know about my education?

Hans: Please explain where in your experience or education you developed the expertise that allows you to make sweeping statements about scientific methodology being "doubtful"?

Putting words into my mouth again? I didnt say scientific methodology is doubtful.

Hans: Really you said it right above in your own words. So again what in your experience or education gives you the basis to state that the science of Archaeology cannot detect materials at the ages it has demonstrated it can, repeatedly, in the past. You say "doubtful" and "No way".

Please explain in detail your evidence for such statements, you do have evidence don't you? You wouldn't just be making up stuff? - or as I suspect, you simply made them up ideas and then state them proundly as unfounded opnion - so you could dismiss information that doesn't agree with your world view.

As we both know you will NOT be able to explain this, so lets get ready for the handwaving, blame the skeptics and restate why your opinion outweighs the facts

LOL

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join