It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[A][P][B]TS The place where 'real' people post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I've been a member for over a year, maybe two, I can't remember but ...Jeez, this site is pretty unique. And it's not only the subject matter.

I've found myself countless times doing something that is normally excusable on the internet, but find that I have crossed lines that only seem to exist in real life.

I have to say, the ATS membership are really unique ... Especially when it comes to interaction. I find myself having to treat you people like human beings, instead of data streams from my internet connection.

As most of you know, the internet is an anonymous place and many netizens treat it like their own personnal playground, throwing insults and generally being nuisances. That is rarely if ever tolerated here.

I'm sure this is not only due to the great people that post here, but also from the tireless work the administration and moderators put in filtering and refiltering the pool-of-posters, always struggling for this perfect balance of community.

Thank you to the posters and the administration for providing such a refreshing and unique place on the internet. And for forcing me to treat fellow posters like human beings, something I've never even thought of doing on an internet forum before.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by Enrikez]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hey Enrikez, you are most welcome my friend. Hey i try but i know i make a huge difference being a member. What would ATS be without me LMAO - I have to say i used to be conceited before i came to ATS/BTS but now i am perfect

Just a joke friend. Good post and i have to agree that this site is more real than other sites with forums. We actually get to know the people here and i find that people don't need to be someone else, though you do get the occasional "online" persona coming through, for the most part, we are lucky to have the ownership and management we have that keep it real!!

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

Shearder on ATS with out you would mean I would not have to hide under the rug lol. Seriously Enrkez I know what you mean man. Here on (A)(P)(B)TS the sence of community is so grate you almost have no choice but to treat people as humans, infact I know some members who treat people better here then most do in real life. This site make a million miles seem like nothing at all. I have only been here a couple months, but I feel like I am part of the whole, it a good thing . Well till next time 'yall!

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
So good I had to say it twice!!

Sorry!!

MonKey!!

[edit on 23/11/07 by ChiKeyMonKey]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Enrikez

[A][b](P)TS It's not just for HUMANS you know!!

Billary and their Reptile legions are on here too! I'm sure of it, although I have no real proof!

MonKey

P.S. I get what you mean though! And Sheader do you ever sleep. (Note to self that Sheader character could be a vampire.)

[edit on 23/11/07 by ChiKeyMonKey]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
P.S. I get what you mean though! And Sheader do you ever sleep. (Note to self that Sheader character could be a vampire.)

LOL

Yeah i sleep sometimes. What i do is stop time and then catch a nap so it always seems i am around Monkey

But seriously, i guess time zones can cause that anomaly

Oh and about the Vampire comment - hmmmm... be careful that you don't get a sore throat
It could become a real pain in the neck

[edit on 23/11/2007 by shearder]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
ATS Truly is the best site on the net..we all know this.Members become friends and like family here.It is truly amazing.Glad to hear that you feel the way you do.And coming from me..you know I honestly mean that.
AD

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Yea, I agree with the OP and this site is very friendly.

Mainly because of the Forum Moderators looking after us and warning us, but also because members treat others like they know them in real life. So thnax everyone for not hazing, taunting, or saying anything mean to me or other members.

top topics

join