It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood Movies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by highendman
In Dr Greer's book, he suggests that the secret powers that be would never allow a realistic or alien-friendly movie. He points out that the depiction of aliens have not been realistic since Close Encounters -- they are always portrayed as monsters and frightening. This inaccurate portrayal aspect has annoyed me over the years. Greer also suggests that any movie which tells the truth about UFO secrecy, recovered discs and other above top secret aspects of UFology would never be allowed to be portrayed on the big screen.

I told an acquaintance who is a conspiracy theorist about an exciting screenplay idea of mine. He told me that the powers that be would never allow it to see the light of a projector.

Independence Day was run by the US military and they insisted that all references to Area 51 be taken out of the script. Also, the aliens in that movie were monstrous looking and militaristic.

My question to John Lear and others is if they really believe that realistically portraying aliens and above top secret aspects of UFOlogy (the Roswell recovered discs, for example) would be allowed in a mainstream movie.

Thanks.

You seem to be forgetting ET- The Extra Terrestrial. There was also the Aurora Encounter- Starman- Superman- And there are a host of others so this thread is innaccurate. Sorry but it is.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
this movie is sort-of an alien movie...but anyway, its called "event horizon" and it has that dude who plays morphuos (matrix) in it. i watched it at first and im like "that was a great movie" but then when i thought about it, the idea of somekind of horrificly violent parrallel dimesion scared the crap outa me

i recommend you watch "event horizon", its a really good movie.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join