It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood Movies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
In Dr Greer's book, he suggests that the secret powers that be would never allow a realistic or alien-friendly movie. He points out that the depiction of aliens have not been realistic since Close Encounters -- they are always portrayed as monsters and frightening. This innacurate portrayal aspect has annoyed me over the years. Greer also suggests that any movie which tells the truth about UFO secrecy, recovered discs and other above top secret aspects of UFology would never be allowed to be portrayed on the big screen.

I told an acquaintance who is a consiracy theorist about an exciting screenplay idea of mine. He told me that the powers that be would never allow it to see the light of a projector.

Indepence Day was run by the US military and they insisted that all references to Area 51 be taken out of the script. Also, the aliens in that movie were monsterous looking and militaristic.

My question to John Lear and others is if they really believe that realistically portraying aliens and above top secret aspects of UFOlogy (the Roswell recovered discs, for example) would be allowed in a mainstream movie.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'm not sure if the U.S. military "runs" any movie project.In the past I've seen documentaries on these types of movies and military movies regarding how the Pentagon plays an advisory role for authenticity.
If the military doesn't like the script or story line, they won't allow access or advice.In a sense you are correct.
Many movies have seen the big screen that the U.S. military doesn't like but I don't have any links since this was last year.
We seem to always have to portray another culture in a bad light to show how "good" we are.
The Crusade against Salah ad-Din Al-Ayyubi (Saladin) is a good analogy.Saladin was known as merciful to troops,women and children despite the slaughter of his people by the Christians.
In his peoples' eyes he is good, in the eyes of foreigners he is bad.Sorry for the long winded explanation,hopefully you see some relevance in it.

jra

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by highendman
In Dr Greer's book, he suggests that the secret powers that be would never allow a realistic or alien-friendly movie. He points out that the depiction of aliens have not been realistic since Close Encounters -- they are always portrayed as monsters and frightening.

There have been pleanty of shows and movies that show aliens as friendly, before and after "Close Encoutners". So Greer is already wrong on that point.

Indepence Day was run by the US military and they insisted that all references to Area 51 be taken out of the script. Also, the aliens in that movie were monsterous looking and militaristic.

Well if the US military insisted that all references to Area 51 be removed, then they failed horribly, as their are plenty of references and depictions of it. And If that movie was run by the US military (which I highly doubt), like Greer claims, and they couldn't even prevent references to "Area 51", than I don't think there's any need to worry about "The powers that be".

[edit on 22-11-2007 by jra]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Whitley Strieber's novel "The Grays" is also being turned into a major motion picture. The military is the only real villain in that book...

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Did anyone see "The Forgotten" with Julianna Moore? To me, it was very unsettling, but somehow I thought there was truth in it.

It wasn't about monster aliens or any fireworks, just a subtle film about a very high-level alien intelligence doing experiments on human feelings and emotions--trying to measure them and see how they operate in the human body--with full NSA cooperation. In the film the NSA doesn't have the choice, they just have to minimize the damage. That is their role. It was a pretty eery film. Just curious what anyone else may have thought of this film in relation to leaks or someone in the know.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I will have to watch that one... sounds fascinating.

Anyways, I had heard before, fairly early on in my research, that the CIA sends in "posers" now and then to Hollywood parties to get a feel for productions that are up and coming. Understandably, they like to keep tabs on what is being created and promoted to the masses, but where it gets grey is their actual "influence" on the process. If you want those answers, you would have to talk to Hollywood insiders... I'm sure many of them know a lot of little secrets they'd like to scream out loud if not for their careers and safety.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by eaurouge

I would have thought they'd have their own people placed in top positions in Hollywood, like Walt Disney, who was supposedly a satanic mind-controlled slave (reference Springmeier). I'm sure many of heads, writers, producers are either directly or indirectly part of the illuminati agenda. I imagine a lot of the writers get little "whispers" on their "ideas". David Lynch's films seem to portray a lot of the satanic influence in Hollywood.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Its not true that Hollywood wont portray benevolent aliens. Take Star Trek. Take Contact with Jodie Foster.

The reason so many evil aliens are portrayed is because thrill and fear sell. You are most likely not going to watch a movie that is full of harmony, peace and love without any darkness.

As for David Lynch (previous poster): This guy is definetely on to something, but I dont know what.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

...agreed, look at Cocoon & the Abyss for some water-themed films where the aliens are peaceful. And what about ET?!

As per lately, there hasn't been many blockbusters besides Transformers, which has a good v evil theme. And prior to that, all I come up w/ is War of the Worlds, where the aliens appeared pretty violent.

Someone mentioned The Grays is soon to be a movie and I know they're in production of the other fiction Streiber title, 2012 - War of Souls -- which, by the way, is one of the worst books I've ever read, spare yourself the horrors of beyond, far-fetched storylines by avoiding that one.

Seems like the want for these types of movies have been replaced by the comic book interpretations now prominent -- Spider Man, F4, etc...

...on the edit... and Lynch, again, agreed w/ Skyfloating, he's in a genre all by himself...

[edit on 23-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Reply to anhinga:

Come to think of it....although he doesnt necessarily have anything to do with the ET theme, Lynch does make reference to UFOs/Airforce/ETs once in his career: In two episodes of Twin Peaks. Remember?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Absolutely, I really loved that series. I'm sort of LOL over here, I saw this Youtube, "Confessions of an A51 insider" -- he did a Lynch one, but it's either a lost soul, out of his mind, or someone hoaxing obviously w/ a Vader-like scary voice, I can hardly understand what he's saying.

www.youtube.com...

Wasn't the finale of Peaks an open-ended, alien-themed show Skyfloating? I forget, I'd love to get a dvd set of all the episodes and the movie was decent too, 'Fire, Walk w/ Me" -- plus, the critics panned Dune, which I thought was decent, no one could top Herbert's novel but it was enjoyable as far as sci-fi is concerned imo.... Skyfloating, dance w/ me. . .

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
in reply to someone above RE david lynch:

yeah, i know. david lynch's stuff is difficult to grasp at times, but i think he is portraying satanic majic - he seems to understand how it works very well. i met his daughter at a party some years ago. she seemed cool to me, but she admitted her dad was into some pretty heavy stuff. she wouldn't comment further on it.

[edit on 23/11/07 by chutso_ha]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

don't forget matrix

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

i think Streiber sold out. Either that, or he was always an plant.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

i adored dune, but the books were much better than the movie, as you can imagine.

also, i just tried to listen to that area 51 sindier youtube link - i can't make anything out of what he is saying (bad sound system on my computer). what is the basic message?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Um... The Matrix was about AI. Not Aliens.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Anhinga: I have the entire DVD-Set. Get it. Its a treat for all ATS-topics lovers.
Much more so as the "hints" are woven into the series subtly. You can interpret the entire series to be alien-themed, thats possible.

I watched the youtube-link: Cant comment on it though

To the other poster: Lynchs movie "Mullholland Drive" does resemble occult mind control, admittedly.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dero

are we only talking about aliens here? in any case, they are all prison planet themes and the quest for truth.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by chutso_ha

...agreed about Dune, they should do another in the Dune series w/ the new round of CGI, it'll probably sell pretty good to the avid sci-fi community... there seems to be a lull in sci-fi stuff... like I posted, the comic books titles seem to be replacing, which, to me, is a loss since I like generally like sci-fi films... anyone seem an early 80s film, Saturn Three? It's not 'culty' and the critics panned it then/ today, but there's something about it that I find amusing.

Skyfloating, does the DVD set have the movie too? I'd like to get it in one fell swoop instead of piecemeal, but capitalism, probably has them separate... yeah, that video was... well, you know... I think most of Lynch's films delve into mid control -- look at Lost Highway, and as you mentioned Mull Drive is like LH 2.0, similar in theme.... Blue Velvet is classic, I can't help but laugh at most of it, dark humor, mind you, but a good film.

Since we're in John's forum, what are some favorites as per Moon/Mars films? I haven't seen the last round of Mars "mission" movies, any of them any good? Are there any Moon movies? I think there's a popular Hanks vehicle about one of the Apollo landings which I have yet to see. . . I'd like to see a conspiracy Moon/Mars fiction film, maybe w/ some Saturn/Jupiter '2001' like themes... oh, I love the original (haven't seen Clooney remake) of Solaris, about a craft orbiting the sun, that's a wild film. I'd like to check out the remake.

...a sweet 'flash' movie: www.kubrick2001.com...

[edit on 23-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
There was Total Recall - takes place on Mars. I thought there was tons of interesting "morsels" tossed to the sheeple (or should i say, misinfo!?) in any case, i thought it was a really good movie. the first time i saw it, it was dubbed in french. that was hillarious. but now i own it in english and have watched it a lot. it brought up some memories for me. no pun intended.

edit 1: sorry for all my typos! can't get used to my new keyboard. (guess i should have bought the more expensive one.)

edit 2: i just thought of another interesting movie - an oldie but goodie - The Arrival with Charlie Sheen (gets into ET global warming and the corruption of SETI which is an ET controlled organism). Sheen seems to be fairly tuned into to what is going on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join