It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aurora is diamond shaped and uses Ramjets!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The Aurora is diamond shaped and uses Ramjets!!!

I got some interesting information from one of my customers. I'm in sales and I was trying to sell an expensive luxury automobile to the south for a gentleman who works in the aeronautical business. It was a family business and he was taught by a young age from his father and grandfather. He makes sometimes $30k parts for various aeronautical companies small and large. This guy was pretty sharp and I talked with him about all sorts of things for an hour ranging from sports cars, to WWII, and of course secret aircraft. This guy seemed to know a lot about military aircraft so I asked him his opinions. I was curious that one of our fastest aircraft the SR71 was built in the 1960s, and still today in 2007 we have nothing faster. He told me that the SR71 was pretty much finished being built in the last 1950s and he had heard stories from his buddies in the industry about the Aurora. He told me that its diamond shaped and uses Ramjet engines. I know NASA was experimenting with Ramjet powered aircraft but never thought the mythical Aurora may be propelled that way. It does make sense because ramjets can fly near the edge of space just as long as it can scoop up a little oxygen from the upper atmosphere. He also told me he worked with a guy who worked on the stealth fighter and he said after the day it was declassified to the public it seemed like a great weight was lifted of this dude. I guess he only worked on the landing gear so they would bring him in to the Stealth Fighter blind folded, then he would pop his head into the landing gear bay and take the blindfold off; that was the only part of the plane he got to see when it was classified. I guess that is how compartmentalization works. As the conversation was months ago I can’t remember the exact things he said about it but I was very fascinated, I remember getting off the phone and thinking, wow the Aurora very well may exist.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by jojoKnowsBest]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well had a long post just wiped out by the editor.

Suffice it to say there is currently little or no need for a hypersonic, manned, stealthy interceptor or recon plane. We have better methods, including satellites, drones and UAVs for gathering intel and the long dwell drones are much more economical than maintaining a fleet of half a dozen high performance ram-jet planes.

It's not the cold war any longer, so what's the need for some kind of super fighter-interceptor beyond the F-22 Raptor. If we're still employing the U2 and similar planes for side-ways surveillance (i.e. non-incursive), then what's the point for a 'better version of the SR-71'? I don't see it.

I think if anything it's disinfo to make other gubmints think we had some super craft to which they should aspire, causing them to waste money and time trying to 'duplicate' what is essentially a myth.

2 cents.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If it uses only ramjet engines then it's capabilities are severely hindered.

Sure it's not equipped with Scramjet? It's really the only way I can see it succeeding hyper-sonic speeds, the X-43a FALCON project used scramjets to push Mach 9.

There are many artist's representations of what the Aurora looks like, including the famous Bill Sweetman representation of a diamond shaped delta winged blended-wing body aircraft with scramjet pods beneath the fuselage.

Even the Sr-71 is a bit of a diamond shaped aircraft with ramjets. Just look at it, I mean if you connected nose-tip to wingtips to wingtips, then it would be a triangle would it not? After all it doesn't have horizontal stabilators and is a delta wing as well.

The designs aren't too much of a departure, for me the only thing that would be exotic with the Aurora would be the price tag and max speed. Aurora is old news anyhow, the only reason it's so exotic in people's minds is because no one's uncovered the truth yet.

Now the AX-17 Switchblade, there's something crazy awesome!

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong. I think we could build some incredible 'super' technological aircraft. Mach 4 or 7 or what have you.

But it would do no good to just have one of them.

Even if you had a half dozen 'Aurora' type crafts, what would you do with them? We don't just build them 'because we can'. There has to be a current order, and a program they're supporting and a need for this capability.

It's all been superseded by UAV craft or satellites.

I doubt it even if just on the basis of the expense of maintaining such a program. There's no need to do secret overflights of other countries any more, especially when we have spy sats.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
It's all been superseded by UAV craft or satellites.

Sort of, not quite. If the Aurora exists in whatever form, you're looking at about 98-99% odds that it's unmanned. So we probably won't have to worry about it being manned.

The problem with spy satellites is that they cover targets rhythmically. They can adjust orbit, yes, but their ability to do so is limited. Basically, you are restricted to using whatever satellite is in the vicinity of the target at the time. But what if no satellite is present for a while yet, and you need continuous coverage of the target? An aircraft capable of getting there, hanging around the target area for a while, and then returning is likely pretty handy.

Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

He also described a flattened football, diamond-shaped aircraft.

Electrogravitic Patent No. 3,187, 206, specifically talking about how the B-2 electrically charges the leading edge of the wing to reduce the radar cross section. Then it negatively charges the exhaust gases to reduce the infrared signature. They also found out that a 1968 report from Northrup Grumman Corp. was that when you electrically charge the leading edge of the wing, there is a resulting drag coefficient reduction up to 60%. That could be retrofitted to the commercial airline industry, but it’s not happening. And that’s why the engineers came forward.

I came across this story the other day, you should check it out. Now that I think of it the guy I talked to could have said scramjet.

Do Black Budget Trillions Support A Secret American Space Program?

top topics

join