It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America Ready for a Black President?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Barack Obama is an African American with a serious chance of winning the presidency. Panorama investigates whether he can rise above America's racial divisions and appeal to enough white and black voters to win.

Barack Obama is an African American with a serious chance of winning the presidency. He is a political sensation - more rock star than grey suit politician.

Obama is promising to unite America and says that race should not matter.

Read complete article

[edit on 22-11-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Well -

Some people say that it would make matters worse and more problems would arise if there would be a black president.

But again, I just don't know. I mean, if black president gets to be in power, i just hope it wouldn't lead to a civil war or something too stupid...or riot, perhaps.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I think he has a better shot then Clinton. My wife and I are white. I haven't made up my mind fully yet, but my wife and I both agree he is someone to be seriously looked at as a choice.

I honestly don't care that he is black. It doesn't matter to me. What worries me about him is he is a politician, and those are the type of people I have a hard time trusting.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
If you read the Constitution, America shouldve been ready at the document's inception. However, this is a racist country, we may never "be ready".

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I will support any president who will be forthright with the American people about the problems of a debt-based money system and proposes phasing it out in favor of a system whereby we could build assets and equity instead.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Color or sex shouldn't be an issue in today's America. The percentage of the population that judges others' by color is pretty small and probably not enough to swing an election. From personal experience, it seems like a majority of the racism nowadays is minorities hating whites. There might actually be more people voting for Obama simply because he's black than white racists voting against him for the same reason.

I think the press constantly saying things like "Black man has a shot at the white house" or "Is America ready for a female President?" is the very thing keeping race and sex in the limelight. I was taught to judge people by their actions and I'm raising my kids the same way.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I wish people would discuss something about Obama beside his race, but that's probably unrealistic. Race is still a big issue in America.

When John F. Kennedy ran for president people were saying a Catholic could never be elected. Today people wouldn't think twice about it. I don't think America will ever be officially "ready" for an African American or a woman president. It will have to happen first, and then I think people will be surprised at how quickly we adjust to it.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Bill Clinton was already the first black president and he won two terms.

And made a surplus.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Personally, if I were going to vote Democratic, I'd vote for Barak before I would Hillary... I think they'd both wind up leading to the same disaster, he would just take more time to do it.

As far as race is concerned, that is an issue, much like Romney's religious affiliation, that shouldn't even be a matter of discussion. I really don't care what a person's race or religion is. I care about what they are going to do.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Black, White... Man, Woman... Who cares? I'm ready for MAD MAX.

Who's with me?

top topics

join