It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Denies Hong Kong Port Call for U.S. Navy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
China again demonstrating that it and not the U.S. is the true rogue power in the world. Whenever china has an opportunity to instigate trouble, or just be a 'thorn in the U.S. side', it takes that opportunity. In this case, denying at the last minute a long-scheduled port call for "unspecified reasons" after many family members had made the long journey to Hong Kong in order to spend Thanksgiving with relatives serving in the fleet.

In other words, china just wanted to be a jerk about it.

Reuters Article

China has refused permission for a U.S. aircraft carrier and accompanying vessels to visit Hong Kong for a long-planned Thanksgiving holiday visit, the U.S. State Department said on Wednesday.

The USS Kitty Hawk group and its crew of 8,000 airmen and sailors had been expected in Hong Kong on Wednesday, but will now spend the holiday on the South China Sea.

Hundred of relatives of crew members of the Kitty Hawk had flown to Hong Kong to celebrate Thanksgiving with them. Hong Kong, especially its Wanchai bar district, has been a regular port of call for U.S. sailors on "R & R" (rest and recuperation) since the Vietnam War.

"I miss my daddy," said Mark Curry, 14, whose father is aboard one of the vessels. "We thought he was going to be there, but we don't know what actually happened. I was just depressed."

While admittedly not as serious as china's attempt to poison the youth of America with lead contaminated toys and baby items, the chinese continue to act more like a country at war with the U.S. than one at peace.

[edit on 11/22/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Yeah, i agree its pretty '' stupid '' to just deny entry at the last minute.
Definately designated to be a pain in the butt for the US.

But, on second thoughts, you cant go around crapping on everyones front lawn for ever... id deny them entry to my country too.

The US is starting to be made to look like the meaningless corporation it has become.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
dont know the reason either.

but the lead poison toys are produced according to US companys orders and design. no need to blame China. As for the intention to poison the next gerneration of Ameria, oh god, do you really believe this?. it seems knowing little about international trade.

Chinese goverment really dont know how to communicate with others well, too much need to be improved.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
China again demonstrating that it and not the U.S. is the true rogue power in the world. Whenever china has an opportunity to instigate trouble, or just be a 'thorn in the U.S. side', it takes that opportunity. In this case, denying at the last minute a long-scheduled port call for "unspecified reasons" after many family members had made the long journey to Hong Kong in order to spend Thanksgiving with relatives serving in the fleet.

In other words, china just wanted to be a jerk about it.

Reuters Article

China has refused permission for a U.S. aircraft carrier and accompanying vessels to visit Hong Kong for a long-planned Thanksgiving holiday visit, the U.S. State Department said on Wednesday.

The USS Kitty Hawk group and its crew of 8,000 airmen and sailors had been expected in Hong Kong on Wednesday, but will now spend the holiday on the South China Sea.

Hundred of relatives of crew members of the Kitty Hawk had flown to Hong Kong to celebrate Thanksgiving with them. Hong Kong, especially its Wanchai bar district, has been a regular port of call for U.S. sailors on "R & R" (rest and recuperation) since the Vietnam War.

The Kitty Hawk will visit Hong Kong after all.

news.yahoo.com...

Personally i always thought HK was a lame port of call. It's overly crowded, dirty, on the expensive side. The Wanchai bar district is vastly overrated.

The only thing it really has going for it is the huge market of pirated software and electronics and being on dry land.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by wwssii
but the lead poison toys are produced according to US companys orders and design. no need to blame China. As for the intention to poison the next gerneration of Ameria, oh god, do you really believe this?. it seems knowing little about international trade.

For some it seems easier to believe that U.S. companies that sell productions for children would be saying to the chinese manufacturers, "Oh, BTW, just sprinkle some lead on the toys, PJ's and everything else, would you?", than to think conspiracy when the lead was found in so many products. And BTW, the effects of lead on children are well documented everywhere.

Naive.
(hint: ATS is a conspiracy site)

As for the port call mess, I'm guessing the chinese just didn't have whatever they're planning ready until the last moment.

[edit on 11/22/2007 by centurion1211]

new topics

top topics

join