It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tehran paper attacks Ahmadinejad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Tehran paper attacks Ahmadinejad

news.bbc.co.uk

In a rare attack on Iran's president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, a hardline newspaper has accused him of behaving immorally towards his political rivals.

The Islamic Republic daily, close to Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Khamenei, has said Mr Ahmadinejad's behaviour is dangerous for Iran.

The publication is seen as a newspaper with impeccable Islamic credentials.

The attack would be difficult to imagine without at least tacit support from Ayatollah Khamenei.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au
ap.google.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
NEWS: Iran's President Calls For Israel's Destruction
Iran threatens 'decisive strike' if US attacks

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The interesting part here is this is coming from newspapers in his own country. My first thought was I wonder how long this newspaper will still be in business. Or how long till its top management, reporters wake up dead one morning. Perhaps nothing will happen that extreme, but this does show that he does have opposition.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Well this is very interesting indeed . I can remember not so long ago that those who opposed the war in Iraq were labelled traitors now that is something to chew on. This doesn't seem to be a propaganda stunt to show Iran in a good light because if it was the newspaper article to the forefront of the western media.

This could be signs of an underground newspaper attempting to infiltrate the government controlled media. Such underground newspapers existed in such places as Nazi Germany and occupied France.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Read the snippet. It doesn't sound like an underground newspaper.

If there is no retaliation against the newspaper, it would signal protection supplied by Khameini. Which would ultimately be bad news for Ahmadinejead.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Jsobecky I read the article and admit that what you suggest is far more likely . I guess that all neo con fantasy's I hoped the winds of postive change might have been slowly adrift in Iran.

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

If there is no retaliation against the newspaper, it would signal protection supplied by Khameini. Which would ultimately be bad news for Ahmadinejead.

I agree it does not sound like an underground paper.
I also agree it sounds like there may be protection because of Khamenini.
There however have also been times in the past where the powerful spiritual figures have been either arrested or killed.
Will have to wait and see.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Don't worry about what he said.

In Iran there is HIGHER authority than the president.

That is Ayatollah Khamenei. He has the uathority to over-rule the president.

Why?

Islamic revolution.

In some places religious figures are more important.

No trouble here, except for the president. Nothing will happen to the newspaper. Iran does control and try to cull and censor certain western influences but thats because they are still in the Islaminc revolution. NOT POLITICS.

Don't get this confused with a dictatorship. It is strictly culture based.

I will say what goes on behind closed doors in Iran is different to what goes on outside (no police to enforce certain things).

[edit on 26-11-2007 by amanbuthimself]

new topics

top topics

join