It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lakers are BACK!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The Lakers, who have been in a slump since tradeing the Big Aristotile, are back.

I am freaking out, on sunday i was thinking how great Trevor Arizna would be on the Lakers, and what do you know, about a day later the Lakers make a trade and get rid of two players i didn't like, and bring in a exelent young swingman, that i LOVE. When i read that the lakers traded Brina Cook AND Mo'Evans, i stood up and started clapping.

The lakers now have a great mix of players surrounding Kobe, and a TON of great young players. Bynum is starting to become a force in the middle, and once Phil gives him the OK, he will start to dominate the league. Odom has seemed to find his position on the court, Fisher is back with the lakers and is leading with a Veterans presence. The bench is also ridicusly deep. And someone in the trio of Farmar, and the other Rookie gurads (Criterton and Karl) there is a long term answer at guard. The PF posistion is perfect, with a mix of hard hitting atitude with Turriaf, and long range 3 pt danger with Vald.

After the season started with nothing but Kobe turmoil and trade rumors, it has already started to look like a good season 10 games in. As long as Bynum and Kobe dont miss long stretchs of games, the Lakers should be great this year.

Finnaly.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I hate the Lakers...

Signed, A Mavericks fan.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I hate the Lakers and Mavericks...

Signed, A Rockets fan.

The Rockets are going to the Finals this year. They're having chemistry issues right now, but over the course of the year, they'll bring it. Look out.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

The Rockets with thier Twig at center, and the Fragile T-Mac.....

I do like that the rockets picked up LUIS SCOLA, he should give them a nice option, and he has a TON of experience in big games, and on the champsionship stage.

I am just realy high on the Lakers right now.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Are you getting ahead of yourself buddy? The Lakers are 7-6 with Kobe averaging 27/gm and Bynum grabbing 10 boards/gm. Bynum is a good talent but he's no Diesel.

I haven't seen Ariza play really but I think Kobe would benefit more by the acquisition of a veteran swingman. They need someone who can shoot with 3 besides Vlad.. we had that guy up here in Seattle and he's either really hot or pretty worthless.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Trust me, the Rockets, as much as I love 'em, are not even in the same league with the Spurs and Mavericks. Those two teams along with the Suns have a killer instinct which the Rockets do not possess. Yao is dominant, but he still more of a finesse player than a power player. When Kobe was "available" I was hoping to God that the Rockets would package McGrady and someone for Bryant.

If the Rockets could have landed Kobe, that would have put them up there with those other teams. Kobe plays with so much fire it would have rubbed off on the rest of our team, especially Yao.

Peace

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......... If you mean by "being back" to being good, I don't think so. I don't even think they make the playoffs this year, Heck! I don't even know if they the best team in the city.

Let's see, Spurs, Mavericks,Suns Nuggets, Jazz, Rockets, Warriors lock for playoffs so that's 7.

Hornets, Clippers, Kings Lakers fighting for a final playoff spot and I like their chances in that order.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Those two teams along with the Suns have a killer instinct which the Rockets do not possess.

The Rockets' problem is they can't finish. How many times have they gone to sleep in the last six minutes in a close game? How many times have they turned the ball over at crucial times? It absolutely KILLS them, and can kill even the best of teams if it happens too much. They're simply not good enough to handle their own mistakes.

Yao is dominant, but he still more of a finesse player than a power player.

I'm sure we (Rockets fans) want Yao to be the next Hakeem, but it's not going to happen.

That said, despite his finesse play, they're better with him than without him. He's still a big body in there that they'd sorely miss.

When Kobe was "available" I was hoping to God that the Rockets would package McGrady and someone for Bryant.

I think I heard it was McGrady, Wells, Alston, and a first rounder for Bryant and Walton. I don't know how accurate that is, but I believe that's a rumor I heard.

Far too much, in my opinion.

I like McGrady, but he's not the kind of player that wants the ball in the clutch and can nail the shots like Bryant.

Having said that, still too much to give up.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
Spurs

Yes

Mavericks

Yes

Suns

Yes

Nuggets

Yes

Jazz

...yes

Rockets

Yes

Warriors

Lock? No

I agree with you on the first six. The other two will be the Lakers and Hornets.

I'm not really seeing another Clippers appearance. Golden State is too all over the place and just barely got in at #8 last year. And the Kings suck.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
I think I heard it was McGrady, Wells, Alston, and a first rounder for Bryant and Walton. I don't know how accurate that is, but I believe that's a rumor I heard.

Far too much, in my opinion.

Man, I would do that in a heartbeat. I'd hate to lose Wells, but Walton's a solid player. First round picks in the middle to end of the first round in the NBA draft are never locks.

I had never heard that trade and I'm sure that was an offer from the Rockets to the Lakers. I can't imagine the Lakers offered that to the Rockets.

I hope the trade proposal goes back on the table at some point.

Peace

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I'm not sure if that's the exact details. I know for a fact McGrady and Alston were involved for Bryant and Walton. There was another Rockets player. I looked at the roster and Wells seems to stand out as that player. And I'm almost sure that there was a draft pick, but not completely sure.

What I am sure of though is it was the Lakers that offered that. Not the Rockets. The Rockets said no.

I think the Lakers had also asked for Yao, but that was rejected automatically, as it should have been.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
What I am sure of though is it was the Lakers that offered that. Not the Rockets. The Rockets said no.

If it was really fact and if Houston fans knew that, they'd probably lynch Darryl Morey the GM.

I think the Lakers had also asked for Yao, but that was rejected automatically, as it should have been.

Agreed. Besides being a good player, Yao's a cash cow.

Peace

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
By being back, i mean being revelent again in the NBA world, and being able to chalenge in the playoffs.

Bynum is getting better every game, Phil hates starting him, but his confidence is soaring, and soon he should be in the starting line-up for good, even when Kwame gets back.

Odom should evole into the third socring option behind Kobe, and Bynum and that sould give him a better overall game.

Radmonovic is a wildcard, he is either on fire or ice cold, he should come off the bench and hav Ronny starting when he is healthy again.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Yes..... the lakers are relevant again!!!!!! They have had one of the hardest schedules of any team and yet they are 18-10 beating the suns twice(causing a mental breakdown from the Phoenix coach), the warriors, the Jazz, Spurs, Pistons, Rockets and the Nuggets. Does anyone want to change their so called locks. The rockets are playing sub 500 ball. The Jazz may lose the division to the Trailblazers, Mavs are inconsistent, Suns only have a one game lead on the lakers for the Pacific. Lakers may get one of the top three seeds in the west.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Kobe is the best player in the league by a lot and he is reaching that Michael Jordan level where he elevates the game of his teammates, having said that the season still early and the Lakers got to keep healthy.

Having bash the Lakers earlier in the thread I feel like I'm eating my words, to be honest I'm always been a huge Kobe fan, I been just dissapointed to see he's talent wasted by this franchise that should epitomize WINNING!

If it stands like is playing out right now, Kobe should be the MVP. It just amazes me he has done it with this group of no name players.

BTW, not trading Bynum might be at the end the best move they didn't made.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
THe Lakers were at the top of the West standings when Bynum(8 weeks) got hurt, then the Lakers lost Ariza for 8 weeks.

Now a two week road trip with Kwame Brown starting... the lakers are at the most important point of thier seasson right now.

Thier next 11 games are against teams from the east, they should win some serious games now, but they are playing terrible basketball...

Any takers for Kwame brown in a trade...

I would trade Kwame for anything... anyone in the leauge right now... a Steak even... infact, the laskers should trade him for a HUGE steak and then serve it to the fans for repayment.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Lakers Trade For Gasol

LIKE OMG

I AM USING CAPS BECAUSE I AM JUMPING UP AND DOWN

Am i sleeping... did the Lakers just Trade Kwame "bad' Brown for Pau Gasol...

This is the most lopsided trade ever....

looking at the details... lakers give up 2 1st round picks... Kwame... Critterton... and Paul Gasols Brother...

Critterton and brother Gasol are bother GREAT talented 19 year olds who i thought had a great furutre with the Lakers...

Now they have a starting line up of

Fisher
Kobe
Lamar
Gasol
Bynum

With Farmar, Vuinijc, Radmanavic, Walton, and Ariza coming off the bench

The lakers now have a BIG 4, i cant wait for Bynum to get back....

KWAME BROWN IS GONE....

YES

YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES

this has got to be one of the best days in Laker History...

Kobe(28), Gasol(27), Bynum(20), and Odom(26) the lakers now have IMHO the best young core in the league, a roster that can win Championships for the next 4+ years....

So i am ridicioulsy happy to get Gasol, and even more happy that Kwame is gone

I am Freaking GIddy

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Congrats my friend!! Can you smell the champagne already!!??

I hope this trade dont set back Bynum who was making huge progress in his game, but hey if at the end means a championship, who cares right?

The Lakers were good, now they are elite! Can't wait for a Suns/Lakers playoff series, hope the Lakers spank the Suns!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Gasol will not have to play center when he gets Back, and he will never have to carry te lakers like he did the Grizzles...

Twin Towers in LA....

This is Great... i still can barely belive it....

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Boy this NBA season turning into a good one with all the trades etc. It's going to be exciting to see what happens come playoff time!

With Gasol and Bynum I think the Lakers will have the best front court in the league... they may well be unbeatable...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join