It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone up for a recce to Menwith Hill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hi all,

Ever since I drove by RAF Menwith Hill a few years ago, and saw the huge 'golf balls' I've been fascinated with the place.

I think just about everyone will be aware that it is involved in the echelon program, and the NSA are involved etc. a quick search of ATS will reveal a hell of a lot about the place.

Anyways, during the last few months, I've noticed some new construction wok going on there,

in May this year I photographed a new radome under construction, which can be viewed in this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

On a recent drive by, I noticed several smaller radomes that appear to be new, 5 or 6 of them, about one third the size of the large radomes. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me so couldn't get any pictures.

So, I was wondering if any members would be up for meeting up and having a walk around the perimeter, obviously staying on public land, not going anywhere near tresspassing, and getting some quality photos of the recent additions, then onto the pub 2 minutes down the road for a celebratory pint lol

so, is anyone up for it?

[edit on 11/20/2007 by ukmicky1980]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
hi there ukmicky1980,

i know most of the updates to the base have been reported on Allan turnbulls website. i think the site is called secret bases....

he is well known as having the MOST up to date site on all the uk`s bases and sites.

be carefull if you do go up there as i know when we get people walking around our perimeter even if they are on the public side ,usually the guards will go out to speak to them.

there is however talk of a a new footpath opened up through the base,

take care

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
yeah, i hear what youre saying mate, theres actually a few really good vantage points from across the road (A59), well away from the perimeter.

My girlfriends uncle is a keen birdwatcher and was once in the area spotting, and funnily enough when he got near the perimeter, a police car appeared and moved him on.

Ive also seen Alan Turnbulls site, its one of my favourites

join