It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands protest army training -- Ft. Benning, Georgia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Thousands protest army training -- Ft. Benning, Georgia

www.reuters.com

Long-shot Democratic presidential hopeful Dennis Kucinich joined the annual protest outside the Fort Benning Army base in Georgia to shut down the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation.

Protesters say it teaches security personnel from Latin American countries to use repressive tactics and that graduates have overthrown legitimate governments, citing a coup against Chile President Salvador Allende in 1973 as an example.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
While I certainly understand where these people are coming from, I happen to be in disagreement with them.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I feel the efforts of these patriots would be better served in trying to get rid of the higher ups in the government that are responsible for the training that is SAID to take place at Ft. Benning.

I can't really see much anything being accomplished by boycotting the school and the soldiers.

In order for things such as this to be effectively gotten rid of, I can't think of any solution OTHER THAN going straight to the top and working our way down until we have a government we can be proud of again.

Jasn

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It's not ``army training``, it's terrorists training and dictators training. Those installations served as training for many US backed dictators in latin america, which led to thousands if not millions of death, so the whole ``Al-Qaeda```terrorists camps in Afghanistan is a big joke.

But eh, when it's america's dictators, it's ok. They can kill millions, no matter what, they back america's leaders and corporate's interests, so who cares if thousands of babies and freedom loving people have to die?

[edit on 19-11-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It will be a lot easier for foreigners to round up Americans and inact martial law then our own military

top topics

join